GLOBAL SECURITY EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
Accelerate your career with our leadership development rotational program and take your first steps towards making your mark
Global Security (GS) protects and enables Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s (HPE) businesses by providing cyber and physical security infrastructure and expertise. We secure HPE’s brand, assets, business operations, and workforce through threat prevention, detection, and response. Areas of focus include security architecture and operations, risk and compliance activities, physical security field operations, and lastly strategy and business consulting.
Global Security Internship Program
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our teams provide physical and enterprise security and adaptive protection that fortify your data's confidentiality, integrity, and availability in hybrid IT and at the edge, ensuring to keep pace with new threats and technology initiatives. The Global Security (GS) internship program recruits top juniors and seniors to work at Hewlett Packard Enterprise while they are still enrolled in college, providing them with valuable, substantive work experience in the corporate security field.
- Opportunities to learn about HPE and its organizations
- Soft skills, technical excellence & leadership training
- Global Security training
- Early career development
- Unique, open and transparent sessions with leaders
- 3-month internship in Texas
- 11-month graduate internship in Galway, Ireland
- 11-month Security Ops graduate internship in Ireland, based in the Cyber Defense Center or Global Security & Emergency Command Center
- Training and mentoring provided by industry leading Security experts
- Interns will work in a number of security areas such as Data Analytics, Security Operations, Risk & Compliance and Security Field Operations
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Substantive projects
- Wide variety of training opportunities
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities with all HPE Interns
- Professional experience and exposure to corporate environment
- Opportunity to develop a professional network across peers, leaders, and executives
- Exposure to HPE, Global Security and organization leadership
- Gain first-hand experience and knowledge supporting Global Security
Global Security PREP Program
The Global Security PREP (Professional Rotation Experience Program) is a full-time rotational program that is focused on building the pipeline of next generation leaders. We recruit top graduates directly from universities into a two-year program made up of four rotations giving our graduates broad experience in a variety of organizational areas.
- The PREP program offers best-in-class training to advance your development and career
- Professional development
- On-the-job training
- Soft skills, technical excellence and leadership training
- Emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking
- Results driven mindset
- Three 6-month Global Security rotations and one 6-month rotation outside of GS
- For GS Fusion Center PREPs: one 1-year rotation within the GS Fusion Center, one 6-month rotation in GS, and one 6-month rotation outside of GS
- Final placement in GS based on interest, skills and business need
- Best-in-class training program
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities
- Global exposure working across all organizations
- Core business skills and professional experience
- An opportunity to develop professional networks across peers, leaders, and executives
- Continuous skill development through a wide variety of training
GLOBAL SECURITY PREP ROTATIONAL AREAS
The Security Fusion Center merges multiple teams to collaborate and maximize the ability to detect, prevent, investigate, and respond to security threats.
Fusion Center teams work on the front lines of day-to-day security operations and are responsible for threat detection and response, forensics, intelligence, endpoint security, and data analytics.
The Risk and Compliance team drives the improvement of HPE’s security posture through governance, continuous monitoring of critical infrastructure, risk analysis, development of relevant policies and specifications, and workforce awareness.
SFO leads regional security operations teams to proactively identify and mitigate physical security risks to HPE. The team collaborates with internal and external partners to design, deploy, and deliver optimal security solutions.
This team provides expertise on a broad range of security topics, including:
- Business-specific cyber risk challenges
- Programs such as private cloud, networks, and access management
- New, innovative technologies, skills, and processes
- Policies, standards and specifications
"BY SECURING THE COMPANY, GLOBAL SECURITY ENABLES OUR BUSINESSES AND HELPS THEM DELIVER THE HPE PROMISE – TO ADVANCE THE WAY PEOPLE LIVE AND WORK."
Bobby Ford, Chief Security Officer – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
OPERATIONS, LEGAL & ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS (OLAA)
INDUSTRY-LEADING BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
+ show more
Learn & develop
Whether through a rotational program or specific practice group legal work, our early career teams receive a broad, practical foundation through hands-on project work, exposure to a variety of experiences, and innovative education & development.
Our tailored training program gives our early career teams valuable experience, knowledge and professional development that can’t be beat.
There are many opportunities to get together with team members and just have fun!
- Culture Days
- Team Member Appreciation Days with all-day fun activities
- Fun team and local site events
- Virtual game nights
- Fun and engaging teambuilding events
Be a force for good
We are passionate about our volunteering and pro bono programs and there are many ways team members can get involved.
- Participate in Volunteering Days alongside colleagues.
- Donate and receive up to $5,000 USD in annual matching.
- Take time to volunteer outside of the office - HPE allows 60 hours of time off each year for volunteering activities.
Make your mark
Talent is the heart and soul of a great company and recruiting top talent through the Early Career Program is a critical component of our Talent Factory.
We are talent makers - not talent takers. Our goal is to develop a high-performing workforce of top talent, creating diverse career opportunities for continued growth and development. This allows our early career teams to choose their career path and make their mark!
- Excellent health plans (medical, dental, vision)
- Winning with Wellness program
- Stress-management programs
- Discounted gym memberships
- Confidential counseling, self-help programs, and more
Let’s talk money
- Generous 401(k) company match (US only)
- Free advice from a professional financial coach
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Up to $9,000 of student loans repaid (US only)
- Health Savings Account
- Life, accident and disability insurance options
Stuff you love
- Generous time off
- Three hours off each month for Wellness Friday
- Paid volunteer time
- Exclusive discounts for working at HPE
- Charitable contribution matching by the HPE Foundation
- Generous leave for new parents
Early Career Talent Success Stories
Global Security – Cybersecurity Analysis and Response professional (PREP class of 2018)
"I was looking for a rotational program coming out of college where I could work and apply what I learned in college across multiple areas of the business to gain experience and see what I like. In this role, I analyze cybersecurity vulnerabilities for their possible impact to HPE and work towards remediation if there is an impact."
Global Security (PREP class of 2020)
"I joined the PREP program for the opportunity to rotate through different sub areas in my field to find out what I’m best at and what I like, which isn’t that common. Coming right out of college, I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to do. The opportunity to narrow it down a little bit is invaluable, so I chose the PREP program at HPE.
If you’re looking for a position that is more geared towards helping you learn and becoming better at what you choose to do, it’s a good place for you."
Inactive Property Program Lead & Canada Transaction Manager (PREP class of 2015)
"The rotational aspect - coming out of college and graduating as a business major, I didn’t have a clear path I wanted to follow and this gave me the opportunity to test different areas in a corporate culture. Along those lines, joining a tech company that allowed me to collaborate across a lot of different groups was an intriguing aspect."
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and have completed at least two years of college to be considered for an intern position.
- Candidates for the PREP program must have graduated with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree before the position start date.
- We recruit and hire students from September through April.
- Intern positions start in May or June, while PREP positions start in January and July.
- Please click the Apply now button and leave us your information to be contacted when there are open positions.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HPE OLAA EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
View opportunities within the Operations, Legal and Administrative Affairs Early Career Program