Legal new attorney program
Consistent with HPE’s culture of innovation, HPE Legal is changing the game of how a large corporate legal department delivers legal services
The Legal Department protects HPE’s people and assets while enabling it to win the right way by not only providing legal strategic counsel but also serving as trusted advisors to HPE’s leaders across every business unit and function.
+ show more
2L Summer Program
- 10-week summer internship
- 2L students are recruited directly from law schools with the intention to offer full-time attorney positions after graduation
- Practice groups hiring: CSM&A, Intellectual Property and Litigation
- Hands-on mentorship and management
- Substantive legal projects
- Exposure to HPE, Legal and organization leadership
- Shadow opportunities
- Pro bono opportunities
- Practical and fun experiences
NEW ATTORNEY PROGRAM
- Integration within the HPE community
- Hands-on management and mentoring
- Real, meaningful work from day one
- Critical thinking skills training and education
- Practical experiences in all facets of legal counseling and representation
- Customizable legal education roadmap with leading edge programming
- Soft skill development
- Pro bono opportunities
- Other programs to broaden the depth and breadth of legal practice
HPE LEGAL AT-A-GLANCE
HPE Legal is committed to its pro bono program and team members are expected to devote time annually for pro bono & community service.
- Partnering with CAIR Coalition helping to release a 13-year-old Honduran girl from immigration detention
- Helping expunge records of Black Lives Matters-related arrests of non-violent protesters
- Providing civil rights advice
- Assisting foster care system leavers
- Supporting homeless to improve social, health & education benefits
- Developing an IP and Cybersecurity patch program for the Girl Scouts
- Committed Inclusion & Diversity Committee spearheading roundtable discussions, newsletters and other programming globally
- We believe anyone can change the world
- Inclusion and diversity are ingrained in who we are today because we know they are what will get us to tomorrow
- Team members are empowered to make an impact on our business and in the world
- Unconditionally inclusive culture
- Differing perspectives, ideas and experiences are welcome and encouraged Our work thrives on differences and these differences fuel creativity
- HPE’s Inventor Peer Review project, a homegrown platform that crowdsources invention feedback from its engineering community, has been named one of the National Law Journal's 2021 Legal Technology Trailblazers
- Jon White, (NAP class of 2016) won the 2020 Rising Star in Corporate Governance Award, presented by IR Magazine & Corporate Secretary. Additionally, Jon was named as a “Modern Governance 100 Global Leader 2020” by Diligent Corporation.
- Miguel Molina (NAP class of 2015) was named to the Hispanic National Bar Association’s “Top Lawyers Under 40” in 2019 as part of the HNBA’s 20th Annual Corporate Counsel Conference.
- Legal’s Commercial Litigation Group won HPE’s prestigious President’s Quality Award in 2017, highlighting the group’s innovative legal strategies and unrelenting focus on operational excellence.
Legal is passionate about promoting innovation and has launched several groundbreaking programs.
- Coding Program - Attorneys can learn to code and apply their coding abilities to build internal tools that significantly improves efficiency.
- Legal Annual Hackathon - Encourages attorneys to think of ways technology can make our jobs more efficient.
- Virtual Reality - To help connect disparate teams, our attorneys use VR headsets to conduct virtual deal rooms, mock trials, meetings, trainings and workshops.
OPERATIONS, LEGAL & ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS (OLAA)
INDUSTRY-LEADING BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
+ show more
Learn & develop
Whether through a rotational program or specific practice group legal work, our early career teams receive a broad, practical foundation through hands-on project work, exposure to a variety of experiences, and innovative education & development.
Our tailored training program gives our early career teams valuable experience, knowledge and professional development that can’t be beat.
There are many opportunities to get together with team members and just have fun!
- Culture Days
- Team Member Appreciation Days with all-day fun activities
- Fun team and local site events
- Virtual game nights
- Fun and engaging teambuilding events
Be a force for good
We are passionate about our volunteering and pro bono programs and there are many ways team members can get involved.
- Participate in Volunteering Days alongside colleagues.
- Donate and receive up to $5,000 USD in annual matching.
- Take time to volunteer outside of the office - HPE allows 60 hours of time off each year for volunteering activities.
Make your mark
Talent is the heart and soul of a great company and recruiting top talent through the Early Career Program is a critical component of Talent Factory.
We are talent makers - not talent takers. Our goal is to develop a high-performing workforce of top talent, creating diverse career opportunities for continued growth and development. This allows our early career teams to choose their career path and make their mark!
- Excellent health plans (medical, dental, vision)
- Winning with Wellness program
- Stress-management programs
- Discounted gym memberships
- Confidential counseling, self-help programs, and more
Let’s talk money
- Generous 401(k) company match (US only)
- Free advice from a professional financial coach
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Up to $9,000 of student loans repaid (US only)
- Health Savings Account
- Life, accident and disability insurance options
Stuff you love
- Generous time off
- Three hours off each month for Wellness Friday
- Paid volunteer time
- Exclusive discounts for working at HPE
- Charitable contribution matching by the HPE Foundation
- Generous leave for new parents
Early Career Talent Success Stories
Litigation Counsel (New Attorney Program Class of 2018)
"I work on a variety of matters, including employment, patent, and commercial disputes. On the matters where we have outside counsel, most of our time is spent driving the internal investigation, coordinating with our internal employees, supporting the outside attorneys with research, and making strategic decisions. Where we decide to handle a litigation ourselves, we do everything from communicating with opposing counsel to drafting motions and briefs."
Patents Counsel – Intellectual Property (New Attorney Program Class of 2019)
"I joined the new attorney program to accelerate my career as an IP attorney. The NAP gave me a unique opportunity to gain patent portfolio management experience early in my legal career. Typically, IP attorneys don’t get an opportunity to work in-house and gain management experience without having years of prior experience at a law firm."
“WE ARE COMMITTED TO TRAINING AND DEVELOPING LAWYERS WHO WILL HELP OUR BUSINESS LEADERS DELIVER BY PROVIDING INNOVATIVE AND SUSTAINABLE LEGAL SOLUTIONS. SUCCESS AT HPE LEGAL WILL REQUIRE YOUR VERY BEST AND WILL BRING YOU TO THE CUTTING EDGE OF LEGAL EXPERIENCE.”
Rishi Varma, Senior Vice President and General Counsel – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
+ show more
How to Join Our Team
Legal participates in on-campus recruiting programs at top law schools throughout the United States in July/August each year to hire candidates for our 2L Summer Program.
Please look for Hewlett Packard Enterprise through your school’s recruiting platform and place your bid for an interview during the on-campus recruiting program.
Currently we are recruiting for positions in our King of Prussia-PA, Reston-VA and Houston-TX offices. Most of our team members now work remotely and we will consider candidates for other locations on a case-by-case basis.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HPE OLAA EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
View opportunities within the Operations, Legal and Administrative Affairs Early Career Program