Global Workplace EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
Accelerate your career with our leadership development rotational program and take your first steps towards making your mark
Global Workplace (GW) strives to advance the way HPE employees live and work, inspire innovation and build community across each of HPE’s 150+ sites. From engaging with HPE’s businesses to develop and implement location strategies, to managing the design and construction of sustainable modern workplaces, to delivering intelligent user-centric services at our sites, the GRE team is focused on providing our team members a hybrid workplace experience that emphasizes flexibility and inclusion, and enables culture and collaboration.
+ show more
Global Workplace Internship Program
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. The Global Workplace internship program enables talented juniors and seniors in university to gain valuable professional experience in GRE. We need people who’ll fearlessly create and challenge the way we think. Join us, and make your mark.
- Opportunities to learn about HPE and its organizations
- Global Workplace training
- Early career development
- Unique, open and transparent sessions with leaders
- Developing early career talent is a top priority and we believe this is what drives our interns to return to HPE as full-time employees after graduation.
- 3 months for United States positions
- 6 months for Mexico positions
- Opportunity to learn and work in all aspects of corporate real estate
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Substantive projects
- Wide variety of training opportunities
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities with HPE Interns
- Professional experience and exposure to corporate environment
- Opportunity to develop a professional network across peers, leaders, and executives
- Exposure to HPE, Global Workplace and organization leadership
- Gain first-hand experience and knowledge supporting Global Workplace
Global Workplace PREP Program
The Global Workplace PREP (Professional Rotation Experience Program) is a full-time rotational program that is focused on building the pipeline of next generation leaders. We recruit top graduates directly from universities into a two-year program made up of four rotations giving our graduates broad experience in a variety of organizational areas.
- The PREP program offers best-in-class training to advance your development and career
- Professional development
- On-the-job training
- Soft skills, technical excellence and leadership training
- Emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking
- Results driven mindset
- Three 6-month GRE rotations and one 6-month rotation outside of GRE
- Final placement in GRE based on interest, skills and business need
- Best-in-class training program
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities
- Global exposure working across all organizations
- Core business skills and professional experience
- An opportunity to develop professional networks across peers, leaders, and executives
- Continuous skill development through a wide variety of training
Global Workplace PREP ROTATIONAL AREAS
Real Estate Strategy and Transformation drives our real estate portfolio strategy, partnering to shape and align our global site footprint to support HPE's future vision.
The team manages the purchase, sale and leasing of buildings and land, the integration of acquired businesses, the administration of all landlord/tenant arrangements across the globe, and the interlock with each HPE organization, all with a view to enhancing theworkplace and advancing the business and talent strategies of HPE.
Project Management and Workplace Strategy leads the Intelligent building design strategy and construction of our workplaces, creating diverse flexible spaces equipped with the tools employees need to connect with their colleagues and work environment.
The team manages construction projects that span from the creation of new campuses, to complete transformation of existing sites and spaces. in all cases with a focus on vibrant, sustainable designs, smart building technologies, and enabling you to experience what we sell.
Workplace Services delivers the HPE vision at the workplace providing support and services to meet all user needs, enable productivity and promote engagement.
The team manages facilities operations, food and beverage, transportation, energy consumption & preservation and associated supplier partnerships, and will help with whatever you need to enjoy a positive day at work. Environmental health & safety is a key focus area of this team with programs to protect your health and safety, the environment, and HPE's assets, and an ambition to provide you with a comfortable, worry-free workplace.
Business Operations & Strategic Planning brings continuous improvement and unity across the GRE organization, identifying opportunities and developing strategies to accelerate our business and talent objectives.
The team delivers integration and analytic capabilities, optimizes processes, designs transformation and change management programs, supports financial and executive reporting, facilitates data insights in partnership with the Operations and Solutions team, and empowers GRE employees to advance their careers and engage in HPE culture.
“Global Workplace IS RICH WITH GRADUATES FROM THE PREP PROGRAM ALL OF WHOM DEMONSTRATE EXCEPTIONAL POTENTIAL, DRIVE, AND INGENUITY, BRINGING FRESH PERSPECTIVES TO OUR OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGY, AND DELIVERING GREAT OUTCOMES FOR THE ORGANIZATION.”
David Antczak, Vice President Global Workplace – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
OPERATIONS, LEGAL & ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS (OLAA)
INDUSTRY-LEADING BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
+ show more
Learn & develop
Whether through a rotational program or specific practice group legal work, our early career teams receive a broad, practical foundation through hands-on project work, exposure to a variety of experiences, and innovative education & development.
Our tailored training program gives our early career teams valuable experience, knowledge and professional development that can’t be beat.
There are many opportunities to get together with team members and just have fun!
- Culture Days
- Team Member Appreciation Days with all-day fun activities
- Fun team and local site events
- Virtual game nights
- Fun and engaging teambuilding events
Be a force for good
We are passionate about our volunteering and pro bono programs and there are many ways team members can get involved.
- Participate in Volunteering Days alongside colleagues.
- Donate and receive up to $5,000 USD in annual matching.
- Take time to volunteer outside of the office - HPE allows 60 hours of time off each year for volunteering activities.
Make your mark
Talent is the heart and soul of a great company and recruiting top talent through the Early Career Program is a critical component of our Talent Factory.
We are talent makers - not talent takers. Our goal is to develop a high-performing workforce of top talent, creating diverse career opportunities for continued growth and development. This allows our early career teams to choose their career path and make their mark!
- Excellent health plans (medical, dental, vision)
- Winning with Wellness program
- Stress-management programs
- Discounted gym memberships
- Confidential counseling, self-help programs, and more
Let’s talk money
- Generous 401(k) company match (US only)
- Free advice from a professional financial coach
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Up to $9,000 of student loans repaid (US only)
- Health Savings Account
- Life, accident and disability insurance options
Stuff you love
- Generous time off
- Three hours off each month for Wellness Friday
- Paid volunteer time
- Exclusive discounts for working at HPE
- Charitable contribution matching by the HPE Foundation
- Generous leave for new parents
Early Career Talent Success Stories
Global Workplace (PREP Class of 2019)
"The best experience I have had as a PREP was in December 2019. We had an All Employee Meeting at the Chase Center in the bay area near our headquarters and Andrew Toth [VP, Global Workplace Strategy and Transformation] drove me and three other GRE team members to the all team meeting. I got to see Antonio Neri in person, shake John Schultz’s hand (HPE Chief Operating Officer) and talk to him a bit and also meet more leaders. It was an awesome day trip."
Inactive Property Program Lead & Canada Transaction Manager (PREP Class of 2015)
"I lead the Americas Inactive portfolio - all of the HPE space that has been vacated. I manage all of the dispositions of the spaces whether it’s subleasing, putting the space on the market or returning it to the landlord. I also lead the real estate transactions for the Canada portfolio from negotiating with the landlord, to settling with the business as to what they want in the new space and handing it over to the Project Management and Workplace Strategy team. My role is to make sure business requirements are being met."
Americas Project Manager (PREP Class of 2017)
"The PREP program prepared me for my current role through business simulations, financial trainings, and networking opportunities. The rotations allowed me to find my passion and enabled me to quickly excel. The most valuable thing I took away from the PREP program were soft skills. When it comes to interacting with vendors, negotiation tactics are my weaker point so the soft skills I gained from the program were incredibly useful, specifically the Global Procurement simulation."
Global Program Manager for Workplace Technology (PREP Class of 2018)
"The [PREP] program teaches you how to adapt to a new role since you have to adapt to four new roles in various organizations. One day you could be making decisions on office layouts and one day you could be presenting travel data. It’s also a great introduction into the world of tech and how a company such as HPE functions – something you don’t necessarily have exposure to in college and only shortly with internships."
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and have completed at least two years of college to be considered for an intern position.
- Candidates for the PREP program must have graduated with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree before the position start date.
- We recruit and hire students from September through April.
- Intern positions start in May or June, while PREP positions start in January and July.
- Please click the Apply now button and leave us your information to be contacted when there are open positions.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HPE OLAA EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
View opportunities within the Operations, Legal and Administrative Affairs Early Career Program