GLOBAL IT EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
Accelerate your career with our development rotational program and take your first steps towards making your mark
GLOBAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Global IT (GIT) is creating a new world for HPE; one that empowers our business to leverage our technology platforms, architecture, and capabilities in order to think differently, compete, and win in the marketplace. We are transforming our business by reducing complexity and simplifying our IT systems and business processes. Execution of our strategic projects will allow for the company’s overall transformation to As a Service.
+ show more
Global Information Technology Internship Program
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our Global Information Technology (GIT) internship program recruits top juniors and seniors to work at HPE while they are still enrolled in college, providing them with valuable, substantive work experience in the corporate IT field. Create history in an ever-evolving industry and help our customers create their future too. Join us, and make your mark.
- Opportunities to learn about HPE and its organizations
- Global IT training
- Early career development
- Unique, open and transparent sessions with leaders
- Developing early career talent is a top priority and we believe this is what drives our interns to return to HPE as full-time employees after graduation.
- Opportunities in Dev Ops Engineering, IT Test Analytics, Data & Reporting Analytics, Process Analytics, Project Management, and more
- 3 to 6 months, depending on location
- Positions located in Roseville-CA, Houston-TX, and Bangalore-India
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Substantive projects
- Wide variety of training opportunities
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities with HPE Interns
- Professional experience and exposure to corporate environment
- Opportunity to develop a professional network across peers, leaders, and executives
- Exposure to HPE, Global IT and organization leadership
- Gain first-hand experience and knowledge supporting Global IT
Global Information Technology PREP Program
The Global IT PREP (Professional Rotation Experience Program) is a full-time rotational program that is focused on building the pipeline of next generation leaders. We recruit top graduates directly from universities into a two-year program made up of four rotations, giving our graduates broad experience in a variety of organizational areas.
- Best-in-class training to advance your development and career
- Professional development
- On-the-job training
- Soft skills, technical excellence and leadership training
- Emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking
- Results driven mindset
- Three 6-month GIT rotations and one 6-month rotation outside of GIT
- Final placement in GIT based on interest, skills and business need
- Best-in-class training program
- Hands-on management and mentorship
- Fun activities and volunteering opportunities
- Global exposure working across all organizations
- Core business skills and professional experience
- An opportunity to develop professional networks across peers, leaders, and executives
- Continuous skill development through a wide variety of training
GLOBAL IT PREP ROTATIONAL AREAS
This role provides an opportunity to contribute towards key strategic initiatives and transparency of activity plans for Global IT.
- Maintain project plans to help measure performance, promote alignment, and report effectively on all initiatives
- Develop process roadmaps, document user stories and feedback
- Ensure that business and customers receive sufficient, timely communications
- Fill gaps in processes and generate new ideas to integrate enhanced collaboration
- Drive process and data quality improvement initiatives to drive strategic changes and continuous improvements in IT
- Proficiency with MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and Project Management tools
- Learn how to navigate multiple stakeholders groups (across teams and organizations) and situational leadership techniques to build effective relationships
This role provides an opportunity to support various Global IT initiatives by developing and engineering reusable infrastructure components. By creating higher-level services, groups will be able to provision IT services faster for solving end-user problems.
- Define and build automation solutions
- Provide creative and analytical problem solving to simplify deployment of infrastructure
- Develop scripts / components that integrate and automates disparate sub-systems and capacity management
- Investigate data solutions
- Gain deep understanding of infrastructure-as-code and the merge between Development and Operations
- Integration of HPE products to compose higher level solutions for end-user productivity
This role provides an opportunity to drive implementation of data governance processes and associated metrics for Global IT.
- Provide framework to drive consistency across tools, data, KPIs, etc
- Build standard operating procedures for global network
- Collaborating cross-functionally
- Process improvements methodologies
- Demonstrate hands on day-to-day skills by using Microsoft Suite products and other IT Operational tools and processes
This role provides ample opportunity for innovation and optimization, while contributing to key strategic initiatives and milestones. This role will serve as an analyst, providing collaboration services to HPE employees globally.
- Understand the core consumption tools at HPE and how to apply data consumption strategies
- Manage surveys and analyzing data
- Coordinate and work with functional and business leads and teams by providing requirements to further build out MOC reports
- Understand the business process and flows for different teams at HPE
- PowerBI reports user, Excel data analytics, Basic Saba reporting, Sharepoint analytics
- Transform the data into information that is effective and visually appealing (i.e., charts, trends, etc.)
This role provides an opportunity to contribute towards key strategic initiatives within Global IT, providing collaboration services to all HPE employees globally.
- Own and drive data quality on active portfolio and communicate specific IT decisions relevant to IT partners and key stakeholders
- Provide support for Skype/Teams global users and business partners
- Demand intake of new project request, lifecycle of inflight projects, health of the existing application footprint, data quality concerns
- Engage with Audio Video SME’s to gain technical knowledge about the AV components and the tools to manage the environment
- Proficiency with MS-Excel, MS-Power Point, and MS-Word
- Project management
“AT HPE, WE ADVANCE THE WAY PEOPLE LIVE AND WORK. THAT’S OUR PURPOSE. THAT’S OUR PROMISE. IT’S PART OF OUR LEGACY, AND IT’S OUR FUTURE.”
Antonio Neri, President and Chief Executive Officer - Hewlett Packard Enterprise
INDUSTRY-LEADING BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
Learn & develop
Whether through a rotational program or specific practice group legal work, our early career teams receive a broad, practical foundation through hands-on project work, exposure to a variety of experiences, and innovative education & development.
Our tailored training program gives our early career teams valuable experience, knowledge and professional development that can’t be beat.
OLAA offers many opportunities to get together with team members and just have fun!
- OLAA Culture Days
- Team Member Appreciation Days with all-day fun activities
- Fun team and local site events
- Virtual game nights
- Fun and engaging teambuilding events
Be a force for good
We are passionate about our volunteering and pro bono programs and there are many ways team members can get involved.
- Participate in OLAA Volunteering Days alongside colleagues.
- Donate and receive up to $5,000 USD in annual matching.
- Take time to volunteer outside of the office - HPE allows 60 hours of time off each year for volunteering activities.
Make your mark
Talent is the heart and soul of a great company and recruiting top talent through the Early Career Program is a critical component of OLAA’s Talent Factory.
We are talent makers - not talent takers. Our goal is to develop a high-performing workforce of top talent, creating diverse career opportunities for continued growth and development. This allows our early career teams to choose their career path and make their mark!
- Excellent health plans (medical, dental, vision)
- Winning with Wellness program
- Stress-management programs
- Discounted gym memberships
- Confidential counseling, self-help programs, and more
Let’s talk money
- Generous 401(k) company match
- Free advice from a professional financial coach
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Up to $9,000 of student loans repaid
- Health Savings Account
- Life, accident and disability insurance options
Stuff you love
- Generous time off
- Three hours off each month for Wellness Friday
- Paid volunteer time
- Exclusive discounts for working at HPE
- Charitable contribution matching by the HPE Foundation
- Generous leave for new parents
Early Career Talent Success Stories
Change Management Analyst, HPE IT
"I have been at HPE for almost two months now, and I have never felt more welcome, appreciated and accepted for who I am. I feel my hard work and skills are truly appreciated, and I get constant feedback on deliverables I did well or feedback on how I can improve next time. I have never once been belittled for making a mistake, instead, I am given positive reinforcement and tools that will improve my skills moving forward."
Communications, HPE IT
"Working for HPE IT as a young woman makes me feel like my opportunities for my career are limitless. Being a part of an organization that values inclusivity while working to accelerate cutting edge technology makes me proud! In a global environment, I can meet and collaborate with a diverse group of people and learn new things. HPE’s culture makes me feel like I belong and is the perfect place for me to jumpstart my career and equip myself to become the leader I aspire to be."
Global Security – Cybersecurity Analysis and Response
"In my outside rotation with Global Procurement, I was assigned a project to design an application that would pull budget data from multiple data sources and cascade the relevant information down through the levels of the company for approval. This involved both the front-end web page and back-end database development, which is quite a bit. The day I finally got it to function correctly was the highlight of that rotation."
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and have completed at least two years of college to be considered for an intern position.
- Candidates for the PREP program must have graduated with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree before the position start date.
- We recruit and hire students from September through April.
- Intern positions start in May or June, while PREP positions start in January and July.
- Hiring is complete for Summer 2021, but please click the Apply now button and leave us your information to be contacted when there are open positions.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
HPE OLAA EARLY CAREER PROGRAM
View opportunities within the Operations, Legal and Administrative Affairs, Early Career Program