What is SAP Software?
SAP software is software developed to help businesses plan and manage their operations. It includes, but is not limited to supply chain management, product lifecyle management, and human resources management.
What is SAP?
Originally System Analysis and Program Development and later shortened to SAP (pronounced ess-ay-pea), SAP is a multinational enterprise that produces enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
What is SAP software used for?
Business models developed prior to SAP software’s inception involved each business function storing its data in a database separate from that of every other business function. In practice, this means that employees from one part of the business cannot access information from another part of the business, potentially leading to data duplication and errors.
SAP software was created to solve these problems by providing a single view of multiple business functions and a real-time overview of the entire enterprise. This centralized management strategy works to enhance the overall efficiency of the business as a whole.
HPE and SAP alliance
HPE and SAP have partnered to provide a complete portfolio of SAP-optimized services and solutions necessary for a business’s successful IT transformation journey.
SAP HANA performs business processing and analytics in real time, which brings significant advantages. HPE is the leading SAP HANA hardware provider with a full set of infrastructure offerings that enable SAP customers to start small and scale infinitely.
HPE and SAP software solutions
Joint HPE and SAP software solutions for protecting your digital enterprise include:
- Serviceguard Extension for SAP (SGeSAP) – Protects the SAP environment from failure and threshold violations through automated processes and immediate restore of any affected application to the required availability levels.
- SAP Fortify by HPE – Empowers security, testing, and development teams to quickly find, triage, and fix security vulnerabilities, no matter where or how the apps are deployed.
- HPE Security and Assurance Consulting – Offers the unique approach of viewing security through the lens of reference architectures targeted at the unique vulnerabilities of hybrid infrastructure, cloud, Big Data, and mobility. The approach integrates controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of digital assets in the context of an SAP solution.
- SAP HANA runtime licenses via HPE as a reseller.
- Continuous innovation platform and testing suite.
- Hybrid service management platform for SAP deployments.