HPE | VEEAM ALLIANCE
HPE and Veeam Partnership
Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Veeam have partnered to deliver unique capabilities for Intelligent Data Management. Veeam’s Availability Platform for virtual, physical and cloud-enabled deployments offers an end-to-end data protection solution that changes the way you manage data to make it smarter, self-governing and always available.
When customers purchase Veeam through HPE, GreenLake Flex Capacity delivers a proven Intelligent Data Management solution with no upfront costs. The pay-per-use model eliminates the need for overprovisioning, while also assuring supply as business needs grow.
And we have joined forces to provide HPE SimpliVity customers with a single pane-of-glass data-protection solution providing simplified data management across heterogeneous environments, extending from on-premises to the cloud and more, with the ability to provide granular application item restores.
Data protection powered by intelligent storage
Are you facing data protection and application availability challenges in your data center? Veeam Software, available from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, enables end-to-end storage solutions that incorporate Veeam’s availability platform for virtual, physical, and cloud environments. The integration of Veeam Software with workloads running on HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble Storage means those workloads are resilient against data loss. The HPE Apollo 4000 and the HPE StoreOnce Systems for disk backup provide the most efficient storage for Veeam backup repositories and enable fast recovery and multiple recovery points in the event of data loss.
HPE Storage and Veeam delivers:
- End-to-end availability
- Flexible recovery with data restored in minutes
- 262% ROI on your investment over 5 years1
- 78% lower cost of unplanned downtime1
- Snapshot integration and management for HPE Nimble Storage and HPE 3PAR Storage
- Active backup and availability allowing you to use your secondary data for dev ops, QA etc.
Consumption-based data management
In today’s data-driven world, customers find it increasingly difficult to manage and control their storage capacity. For many organizations, it’s hard to predict how much capacity will be needed 6, 12, or 24 months down the line, which often results in overprovisioning at a high upfront cost, or under-provisioning and risking performance degradations or downtime. This provides additional complexity when customers are trying to determine how to best protect and manage all of their data. And while the public cloud offers the flexibility of a pay-per-use model, many organizations prefer to keep their apps and data on-premises for security, performance, or data sovereignty reasons. HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity and Veeam offer a data protection solution that simplifies the IT experience by delivering a cloud-like consumption model on-premises.
HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity and Veeam delivers:
- A more modular, streamlined, and cost-competitive experience for HPE and Veeam customers
- Single pane of glass data management solution regardless of where workload resides and across customer choice of storage infrastructure
- Support services from HPE Pointnext (implementation, metering, and capacity planning)
- Variable payments based on actual metered usage of data protection solution
- Rapid scalability using an on-site buffer of extra capacity
- On-premises control
- Faster time to value with data protection solutions that are ready quickly, and evolve ahead of customer needs
Extending data management from on-premises to the cloud
HPE SimpliVity as a data protection solution is extremely efficient — reducing storage and bandwidth requirements because of inline deduplication and compression. Veeam’s extensive data protection features enable several additional use cases that make HPE SimpliVity along with Veeam the most superior and complete data protection solution. In today’s digital landscape, it’s imperative that companies of all sizes, especially enterprises, focus on reducing any unplanned downtime and guarantee the availability of all mission critical data and activities. By adding Veeam into the mix, IT managers can now ensure they possess a data protection solution for heterogeneous environments that minimizes downtime, reduces resources allocated for reactive activities and helps them achieve their business goals.
Add key capabilities to your infrastructure:
- Maintain Virtual & Physical Workload Support
- Single pane of glass data protection across heterogeneous environments
- Granular application item level restores and app consistent backups with Veeam
- Cloud Viability
- Additional Archive Options
- Veeam-proven Intelligent Data Management solution
Intelligent Data Management with HPE and Veeam
HPE and Veeam Consumption-Based Data Management Solution
HPE-Veeam Customer eBook
HPE Reference Configuration for HPE 3PAR Storage and HPE StoreOnce with Veeam Availability Suite
Put Your Backup Data to Work Article
1Source: IDC White Paper | The business Value of High Availability Storage Environments from Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Veeam Software.