Combine the right mix of traditional IT, private cloud, and public cloud to achieve optimal workload placement.
Environmental documents and international declarations
Product safety, environmental and energy-efficiency information for many types of HPE products can be viewed or printed online.
Provides environmental information for a specific product in an industry standard format developed by IT organizations in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
A European Union chemical regulatory framework that is effective June 1, 2007.
REACH Article 33
ErP Lot 3
A European Union regulatory requirement for product environmental declarations that is effective July 1, 2014.
A Chinese regulatory requirement for product labeling that is effective March 1, 2007.
India RoHS refers to the restriction of hazardous substances provisions at Article 16 of India’s E-Waste (Management) Rule 2016.
As from December 1, 2012, all products manufactured by Hewlett Packard Enterprise comply with Circular 30/2011/TT-BCT temporarily regulating the permitted limits for a number of hazardous substances in electronic and electric products.
Canadian Mercury Regulations
Mercury is a silver colored liquid which is contained in UV lamps. Under normal operating conditions mercury presents no hazard as it is contained in the quartz tube of the lamp. Mercury is toxic and must not be consumed or handled directly on the skin. It is recommended that protective gloves and eye protection is worn when handling UV lamps.
In the event of accidental breakage of the lamp and mercury spillage:
- Use personal protective equipment to protect the eyes and skin, and prevent ingestion and inhalation.
- Contain the spill with wet sand and clean it up with a dustpan and brush. Do not use a vacuum cleaner, as it will become contaminated and be a source of mercury vapor.
- Spread a 50/50 mix of calcium hydroxide and sulphur over the affected area and allow to dry. Repeat until there is no visible trace of mercury. Special attention should be given to cracks and imperfections in the affected surface.
- Eyes — Flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the eyelids. OBTAIN MEDICAL ATTENTION.
- Skin — Flush with plenty of soap and water for 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothes and shoes. OBTAIN MEDICAL ATTENTION.
- Ingestion — OBTAIN MEDICAL ATTENTION.
- Inhalation — OBTAIN MEDICAL ATTENTION.
For information on options for proper disposal and recycling of mercury containing lamps in the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Prince Edward Island, please visit: http://www.regeneration.ca/programs/lighting-products/ for all other locations across Canada, please visit: http://www.lamprecycle.org/commercial-lighting-lamp-recyclers/.