Seamlessly powers your data from edge to cloud with a cloud experience for every workload.
A paradigm shift in data infrastructure with HPE Alletra
Shed the complexity and silos inherent in conventional hybrid cloud environments with category-defining cloud-native data infrastructure that delivers a cloud operating and consumption experience wherever data lives. Stop managing infrastructure — and start simply accessing and utilizing it, as a service and on demand.
+ show more
- Harness AI-driven infrastructure
- Get a built for cloud experience
- Consume on demand, as a service
Achieve autonomous infrastructure with predictive intelligence across your IT
HPE Alletra eliminates complexity, transforms the way you manage resources, and redefines the support experience. End the constant fire-fighting and get your time back. All powered by the intelligence of HPE InfoSight.
storage issues predicted and resolved automatically
Leverage a true cloud operational experience that provides agility and simplicity for every app
Deploy resources with auto-discovery and zero configuration, right out of the box. Manage 1000s of systems as easily as you manage one, for all your application lifecycles and wherever they live—from edge to cloud.
Now you can setup and manage from anywhere with a simple global management with zero touch deployment in minutes because systems are automatically discovered, on-boarded, and configured. Say goodbye to time-consuming, LUN-centric provisioning with AI-driven, intent based provisioning of application workloads on infrastructure best suited for optimizing SLAs
Enjoy the cloud ownership experience wherever apps and data live
HPE Alletra delivers cloud-native simplicity and the flexibility to consume resources exactly as and when you need them. Instead of owning and maintaining infrastructure, utilize it on demand and as a service with HPE GreenLake.
It’s time to bring the cloud experience everywhere to simplify operations and move faster. Learn how eliminating complexity with cloud operations frees you to accelerate digital transformation with data-first modernization.
Run any app without compromise
HPE Alletra 5000 provides general-purpose performance
For workloads that do not require an all-flash solution, HPE Alletra 5000 offers reliable, cost-efficient hybrid flash performance. HPE Alletra 5000 is adaptively designed for a mix of primary workloads and secondary backup and disaster recovery. It combines a flash-enhanced architecture with HPE InfoSight predictive analytics for fast, reliable access to data and 99.9999% measured data availability.
HPE Alletra 6000 for your business-critical workloads
For business-critical workloads with strict availability and performance SLAs, there’s HPE Alletra 6000 — built on an ultra-efficient architecture for fast, consistent performance and industry-leading data efficiency. Ensure resiliency with guaranteed 99.9999% data availability, scale as needed, and easily extend to the cloud with consistent data services.
HPE Alletra 9000 delivers mission-critical reliability
Ideally suited to workloads with extreme latency and availability requirements, HPE Alletra 9000 delivers mission-critical reliability without sacrificing agility. Consolidate traditional and modern mission-critical apps with All-NVMe performance, ultra-low latency, and guaranteed 100% data availability. Ensure business continuity with a complete suite of advanced DR solutions on-prem and in the cloud.
Compare HPE Alletra options - Get flexible consumption and maximum agility
HPE Alletra delivers agility and simplicity for every application from edge to cloud and can be provided as a service, or a fully managed turnkey offering, all with the right mix of subscription and usage-based services.
+ show more
| || |
HPE Alletra 5000
HPE Alletra 6000
HPE Alletra 9000
HPE GreenLake for Storage
Documents and releases
Cloud-based as a service (STaaS), based on subscription
| || || || |
On demand consumption, flexible pay as you scale up, down
| || || || |
General and secondary storage
Flexibly support any workload
Accelerate your apps with sub‑millisecond latency and experience speeds up to 25% faster than previous HPE Nimble Storage Hybrid Flash Arrays
Delivers up to 3X faster performance than previous HPE Nimble Storage All Flash Arrays
Proven to deliver ultra-low latency with 75% of I/O within 250 μs latency, delivering performance density with All-NVMe for over 2 million IOPs in 4U
Meet all your SLAs seamlessly, even as your workload or performance needs evolve
Unique, ultra-efficient architecture that is built leveraging the DNA of HPE Nimble Storage Adaptive Flash to optimize flash with the highest efficiency
Developed upon the DNA of HPE Nimble Storage foundation/architecture
Developed upon the HPE Primera foundation/architecture
Service that can flexibly leverage either underlying architecture of HPE Alletra
Maximum drives per enclosure
Base array = 24 (21 bays for LFF HDDs and 3 SFF SSDs)
144 (HPE Alletra 4N with four HPE Alletra 2240 drive enclosures)
Flexibly support from 24-144
Drive and storage capacity
Usable capacity (TB/TiB) between 33 - 1016 / 153 - 924 (Scale out 4X 5050 model: 4065/3697)
NVME SSDs: 1.92 TB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, 15.36 TB; Up to 368 TB
HPE Alletra 9060: 1966 TiB (raw) / 6103 TiB (effective)#, HPE Alletra 9080: 1966 TiB (raw) / 6103 TiB (effective)#, #Effective capacity assumes 4:1 estimated data compaction rate (including: thin provisioning, deduplication, compression, and copy technologies) in a RAID 6 (10+2) configuration. Note TB vs TiB. Actual ratios will vary based on workload.; NVMe SFF FIPS encrypted SSD; NVMe SFF SSD; NVMe SFF FIPS encrypted TAA SSD
Flexibility of configuration and workloads (on an as needed basis)
HPE Alletra tech specs
Host interface and storage controller
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: Redundant storage controllers
- HPE Alletra 9000: 32Gb/s Fibre Channel; 16Gb/s Fibre Channel; 25 Gb Ethernet; 10 Gb Ethernet; 10 GBaseT Ethernet; HPE Alletra 9060 2N Controller, HPE Alletra 9080 2N Controller
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: Triple+ Parity RAID for data protection (triple drive and intra-drive parity), 99.9999% guaranteed availability, redundant hardware/software design, no single points of failure
- HPE Alletra 9000: Redundant power and cooling modules with battery and fans, A minimum of dual redundant controller nodes, max of four controller nodes for added redundancy, RAID 6 for data protection
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: 99.9999% (6-nines) guaranteed availability
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: App-granular, FIPS-certified encryption provides data at rest and over-the-wire protection. Secure data shredding is built in
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: Native application-consistent snapshots and replication plus integration with leading backup software
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: Redundant, hot-swap components including controllers, power supplies, SSDs, and IO cards
Host OS support
- HPE Alletra 5000/6000: Microsoft Windows® Server® VMware ESXi™ SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server (SLES) Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Ubuntu Server Edition LTS Oracle Linux Oracle Solaris Citrix® XenServer IBM AIX, HP-UX
- HPE 9000: Microsoft Windows Server; Microsoft Windows Hyper-V; HP-UX; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); VMware ESX and ESXi; Oracle Solaris; Oracle Linux; Citrix Hypervisor ; IBM AIX; IBM Virtualization; VSI OpenVMS
- For the latest information on supported operating systems refer to Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge (SPOCK) for HPE Storage products:
HPE Data Services
- HPE Alletra arrays include a subscription to HPE Data Ops Manager for cloud-based management of the array
- Subscription is included in the quote when support is selected and has the same duration as support
Leverage the self-service agility and industry-leading availability of HPE GreenLake for Block Storage to accelerate and de-risk your data-driven transformation. With a few clicks, order block storage data services that match your SLA requirements — even up to guaranteed 100% uptime
Solutions optimized for HPE Alletra
Transform the way you manage apps and infrastructure. Leverage a revolutionary suite of cloud data services to power apps and data across edge, core, and cloud with a cloud operational experience everywhere.
With HPE Alletra and HPE Ezmeral Runtime Enterprise you get all the tools you need to build, modernize, deploy, monitor and manage a wide range of AI and analytics workloads to unleash your data’s full potential and accelerate your data-driven digital transformation.
Enjoy effortless cloud backup from a single pane of glass. HPE Backup and Recovery Service meets every SLA across your hybrid cloud via instant restores, rapid recovery on-prem, and cost-effective long-term retention in the cloud.