Consume Hybrid Cloud with confidence
The name has changed, and so has the level of control you have over your IT spending. Cloud Cruiser consumption analytics technology became HPE Consumption Analytics on November 1, 2018, bringing a new look and new capabilities for Cloud Cruiser 16 customers. HPE Consumption Analytics powers multiple HPE product and service offerings, such as HPE GreenLake.
TAKE CONTROL OF CONSUMPTION-BASED IT SPENDING
The HPE Consumption Analytics Portal is now the metering and analytics component of HPE GreenLake, the consumption-based IT offering from HPE Pointnext Services that gives you the agility and economics of the public cloud in your own data center.
Get granular visibility into your usage and costs with interactive dashboards and a drag-and-drop report experience.
Stay on top of IT spending with flexible budgets and a rules-based recommendation engine for consumption-based services.
Forecast demand to prevent a shortage from becoming an outage with decision-making power to plan your capacity.
Consumption analytics solutions
The HPE Consumption Analytics Portal is part of HPE GreenLake, delivering even more transparency into how your usage and commitments determine your monthly cost. Get more decision-making power to plan your capacity for best workload performance.
An infrastructure service that offers on-demand capacity and planning, combining the agility and economics of public cloud with the security and performance of on-premises IT.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the HPE GreenLake Portal being replaced?
Yes. The current HPE GreenLake Portal that provides metering and analytics using legacy Cloud Cruiser technology is being replaced by the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal (an enhanced version of the former Cloud Cruiser 16 product). The new portal brings much more capability and value, enabling you to:
- Configure drag-and-drop dashboards and create ad-hoc reports with live queries to answer your business questions.
- Make intelligent capacity-planning decisions at any level based on actual and forecast usage.
- Receive recommendation alerts when the portal identifies an opportunity to optimize cost or operation.
- Allocate cost for infrastructure components within your organization.
- View your usage and cost for HPE GreenLake and for your public clouds together.
- Grant each user group access to the right analytics and data for them.
I am an existing HPE GreenLake customer. How do I access the new portal?
The HPE Consumption Analytics Portal is not immediately available to all HPE GreenLake customers, as we are still building functionality that some customers need. Your HPE account team will inform you when it is time for your organization’s consumption data to be migrated to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal.
I am interested in HPE GreenLake. As a new customer, would I have access to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal?
It depends on which HPE GreenLake service offerings you will consume. Your HPE account team can tell you whether you would immediately use the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal or instead begin with the HPE GreenLake Portal, with a later migration to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal.
Is there an additional charge to HPE GreenLake customers for the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal?
No. Like the previous HPE GreenLake Flex, access to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal is considered part of your HPE GreenLake service.
Does moving to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal involve a change to the HPE GreenLake metering scripts in my data center?
No. The HPE Consumption Analytics Portal will use the same input files as does the current HPE GreenLake Portal.
I am an existing Cloud Cruiser 16 customer. How does the name change impact me?
With the name change from Cloud Cruiser 16 to HPE Consumption Analytics Portal, you will see a new look to the user interface and a new URL for the application, but otherwise, your experience will be unchanged. Your data is not impacted, and you will continue to have access to the same cost-management functionality, as well as access to HPE Support when you need help. Your existing links and browser bookmarks to the application will continue to work because your browser will be automatically redirected to the new URL.
I am an existing Cloud Cruiser 16 customer. Does the name change impact my pricing or subscription term?
No, the name change from Cloud Cruiser 16 to HPE Consumption Analytics Portal does not impact your current pricing or subscription term.
Are Cloud Cruiser products still available for purchase?
HPE has discontinued sales of Cloud Cruiser 4 and Cloud Cruiser 16 stand-alone subscriptions effective November 17, 2017. Cloud Cruiser 16 is now the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal and is included as part of HPE GreenLake.
How do I get support for the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal?
HPE GreenLake customers: Open a case online at the HPE Support Center, or call to open a case at one of the following phone numbers:
- U.S. or Canada : +1-800-332-8004 then PIN 3539
- Rest of the world: +1-281-518-3838 then PIN 3539
Cloud Cruiser 16 customers: Open a case online at the HPE Support Center, or use the Support Center’s directory of worldwide support numbers to find the appropriate number for you.
I am an existing HPE GreenLake customer. Why am I unable to log in now?
HPE GreenLake is transitioning between analytics portals, and they do not share login credentials.
- If you have credentials that work for the existing HPE GreenLake Portal and you cannot log in to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal, then it might be because your organization’s consumption data has not yet been migrated to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal. Your HPE account team will inform you when this migration takes place, and you will receive an automated email that allows you to set your own password on the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal. Continue using the HPE GreenLake Portal for now.
- If you have credentials that work for the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal and you cannot log in to the HPE GreenLake Portal, then it might be because your organization’s consumption data was migrated to the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal more than three months ago and your access to the HPE GreenLake Portal has been terminated. Or your organization might never have previously used the HPE GreenLake Portal. In either case, continue using the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal, which offers more functionality.