iLO RESTful API Ecosystem
Simplify and automate your remote server management
One Interface for Integrated Control
HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO) server management provides intelligent remote control automation through scripting or an API. Gain even more capabilities that go beyond scripting by leveraging one API to manage your complete lifecycle of HPE Gen9 Servers—iLO RESTful API.
A single API interface integrates server management components and full compute power. Use it with HPE iLO 4 to perform remote server provisioning, configuration, inventory and monitoring to industry standards through Redfish API conformance.
Redfish API Implementation
Obtain simple, secure management of today’s scalable data center hardware with the Redfish API ecosystem. It’s an open, industry-standard specification and schema that helps you integrate solutions within your existing tools. Published by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF), it’s ideal for cloud and web-based infrastructures, which typically have large quantities of servers in heterogeneous environments.
Gain from the news, resources and connections from the HPE Software-Defined Infrastructure developer community that you won’t find anywhere else. Read blogs posts from HPE engineers and get keen insights on server management automation and integration. Share your server management experiences with other developers on the iLO RESTful API Forum for a better level of support.
Explore the iLO RESTful API SDK Ecosystem
Easily configure, inventory and manage HPE ProLiant Gen9 server components with the RESTful Interface Tool. It’s a single command line interface that leverages the iLO RESTful API, providing new levels of security and greater flexibility while reducing deployment time.
Find tools you need to help you leverage the iLO RESTful API SDK.
- iLO RESTful API SDK Documentation, helps you explore the data model, download sample code, use HTTP Basic Authentication and more
- The Python Library provides scripting samples in the Python language to use for the iLO RESTful API, supported on iLO 4
- PowerShell Modules offers scripting samples for PowerShell (REST PowerShell cmdlets from PowerShell Gallery) to interface with the iLO RESTful API
- The Nagios Plugin automatically writes an HPE ProLiant server configuration to the Nagios configuration file, so there’s no need for manual configuration
- The Ruby SDK for HPE iLO integrates iLO RESTful API with Chef and their recipes
Contact HPE and connect with your peers, visit the developer's forum and learn more about the iLO RESTful API ecosystem.
iLO RESTful API Data Model
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Information Library: iLO RESTful API
Redfish Implementation on iLO RESTful API
RESTful Interface Tool Quick Start
Getting Started with the iLO 4 Redfish API - A Primer for Coders