Enable unprecedented levels of automation and agility with cloud computing solutions.
ESXi Image for HPE ProLiant
Drivers and management software to run ESXi on HPE ProLiant servers.
Why Custom HPE ESXi Image?
ESXi ISO, based on the standard VMware, is the easiest and most reliable way to install ESXi on HPE ProLiant servers. It includes all of the required drivers and management software to run ESXi on HPE ProLiant servers, and works seamlessly with Intelligent Provisioning.
Certain ProLiant servers require the use of the HPE Customized image for a successful installation. The drivers for the new network and storage controllers in the servers are integrated in the HPE Customized image and are not part of the generic ESXi image that is distributed by VMware. ESXi requires drivers for these controllers to be integrated as you are not able to insert them during installation. To determine if your server requires the HPE Customized image, refer to the Server Support Matrix.
Options for Using HPE Customizations for VMware ESXi
A. Download the completely customized HPE ESXi image.
B. Download the HPE ESXi Offline Bundles and third-party driver bundles included in the HPE Customized image and apply them to your VMware ESXi downloaded from VMware.
C. Build your own custom ESXi image, choosing from the HPE ESXi Offline Bundles portfolio and third-party driver bundles included in the HPE Customized image.
These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HPE Software License Agreement. Certain software may require a valid warranty, current support contract with HPE, or a license fee.
ESXi and vSphere Downloads:
- NEW* vSphere 6.5 U1 Oct 26, 2017 – Supports Gen9 Servers and forward
- NEW* vSphere 6.5 U1 Nov 2017 – Last Pre-Gen9 custom image
- NEW* vSphere 6.5 Oct 26, 2017 – Supports Gen9 Servers and forward
- NEW* vSphere 6.5 May 2017 – Last Pre-Gen9 custom image
- NEW* vSphere 6.0 U3 Oct 26, 2017 – Supports Gen9 Servers and forward
- NEW* vSphere 6.0 U3 Feb 2017 – Last Pre-Gen9 custom image
- vSphere 6.0 U2 Dec 2016
- vSphere 6.0 U1 Jan 2016
- vSphere 6.0 July 2015
- vSphere 5.5 U3 Dec 2016
- vSphere 5.5 U2 Sept 2015
- vSphere 5.5 U1 Dec 2014
- vSphere 5.5 June 2014
- vSphere 5.1 U3 Apr 2016
- The April 2016 HPE Customized ESXi Images are supported with AMD Opteron 63xx Processors. See the customer advisory. Also refer to the April 2016 VMware FW and Software Recipe documentation for additional details.
- vSphere 5.1 U2 Nov 2014
- vSphere 5.1 U1 Sept 2013
- vSphere 5.1 Feb 2013
- ESXi 5.0 U3 Nov 2015
- ESXi 5.0 U2 Sept 2013
- ESXi 5.0 U1 Oct 2012
- ESXi 4.x
- Contents of Above Images
For customers already using VMware ESXi, it is recommended that you update to the latest version on their supported ProLiant at your earliest convenience.
VMware Update Manager and ESXCLI compliant HPE bundles and third-party drivers included in the HPE Customized image are available from HPE vibsdepot.