HPE and Google Cloud Partnership
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and Google Cloud partner to deliver hybrid cloud solutions optimized for containerized applications to enable applications to be built once to run anywhere, across your hybrid cloud, spanning public clouds and on premises. The partnership combines industry-leading technology solutions with a complete portfolio of professional, advisory and financial services, along with choice of how you consume solutions with HPE GreenLake.
Paul Miller, Vice President of Marketing at HPE, shares news around HPE and Google Cloud partnering to deliver hybrid cloud solutions based on Google Cloud's Anthos.
HPE SimpliVity combines the award winning hyperconverged solution with the best-selling server on the market. Delivered as a pre-integrated, all-flash hyperconverged building block, it dramatically simplifies IT by combining infrastructure and advanced data services for virtualized workloads for VMware and Hyper-V environments, and containerized workloads. Its powerful data services, including guaranteed data efficiency via deduplication and compression; built-in data resiliency, data protection, and disaster recovery; and VM-centric management; and software-defined networking drive operational and cost efficiency. With the HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE SimpliVity, you can run both your private and public cloud environment with uniform hybrid cloud management provided by Anthos innovation.
The HPE Validated Design enables:
- Hybrid CI/CD – for private cloud and ROBO/edge HCI application deployments.
- Private HCI cloud, supporting cloud-first applications – applications/services developed in GCP and run in production on-premises; Data management for on-premises containers using HCI on-premises storage.
- ROBO/Edge HCI deployments – low-cost distributed edge/ROBO containerized application deployments with operationally efficient data management capabilities and replication mechanism on HCI platform.
- Multi-cloud agility - support VMs and container-based applications with data mobility spanning edge clouds and core clouds.
- Hybrid protection – Implement tiered data protection policies for on-premises data backup and to cloud.
HPE Nimble Storage dHCI
For customers looking to scale compute and storage independently, HPE Nimble Storage dHCI provides a flexible on-premises architecture for storage and compute that works in conjunction with Google Cloud's Anthos to deliver a hybrid cloud. HPE Nimble Storage dHCI provides a radically simple approach to all-flash and hybrid flash storage that delivers guaranteed capacity efficiency, sub 1ms latency, and 99.9999% availability for virtualized and containerized workloads.
When combined with HPE Cloud Volumes, a multicloud storage service, customers can experience a true hybrid cloud providing seamless data mobility between on premises and public cloud.
With the HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE Nimble Storage dHCI, you can have a consistent experience whether on premises or in the cloud to unleash the next wave of hybrid cloud innovation such as:
- Modernize in place – Modernize your applications with optimized Kubernetes container stack on-premises, or in the cloud. Get an end-to-end, as a Service experience – along with uniform management across on-premises and Google Cloud. Achieve faster time to market, lower administrative overhead, and drive innovation.
- Hybrid Cloud for your web-scale applications: Build your container-based, web-scale applications once, and deploy them on premises or on Google Cloud seamlessly.
- Private Cloud for your VMs and Containers – Enjoy the agility of cloud, mission-critical resiliency and speed of flash, and flexibility to scale performance and capacity independently to accelerate and consolidate all your VM and container-based applications.
- Hybrid cloud bursting to spin-up cloud resources when you need them and spin down when you don’t, without waiting for on-premises infrastructure.
We live in a consumption-driven world. To be more competitive and deliver better outcomes faster, more reliably, and more economically, you need to find better ways to consume IT. HPE GreenLake enables you to experience a fully managed as-a-Service GKE environment on-premises that’s integrated with Google Cloud, delivering a container-based hybrid cloud across on-premises and public cloud environments.
HPE GreenLake enables you to:
- Reduce deployment time by 65%
- Improve IT productivity by 40%
- Lower overprovisioning by 30%
(SOURCE: Forrester Consulting, The Total Economic Impact of HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity, May 2018)
Now, you can deploy containers on demand without having to manage the underlying infrastructure on-premises and realize significant operational and cost improvements.