HPE SimpliVity HyperGuarantee
A performance guarantee backing up the simplicity, efficiency, and power of HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged technology.
The industry’s most complete guarantee
Only HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure delivers the enterprise-class performance, protection, and resiliency that you require, with the cloud economics your business demands. As a proof point of our platform maturity and what our capabilities can do for our customers, we offer one of the industry’s most complete guarantees. See more details.
HyperEfficient – Achieve 90% capacity savings
If you use HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure and its built-in VM-centric backup capability as outlined below, you will achieve 90% capacity savings across storage and backup combined relative to comparable traditional solutions.1,2
HyperProtected – Backups in under a minute
If you use HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure and its built-in backup capability, it will take less than one minute, on average, to complete a local backup or local restore of a 1 TB VM.3
HyperSimple – Full VM control in a matter of clicks
Using the HPE SimpliVity user interface, which is fully integrated with the hypervisor, you only need three clicks to back up, restore, move or clone a VM, all from a single console.4
HyperManageable – Quickly manage 1000s of VMs
Using the HPE SimpliVity user interface in a central location, in less than a minute on average, you will be able to create or update backup policies for thousands of VMs across dozens of sites.
HyperAvailable – No downtime or disruptions
You will be able to add or replace HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged systems without any downtime for local or remote sites, without any disruption to local or remote HPE SimpliVity backups, without any reconfiguration of HPE SimpliVity and backup policies for local or remote sites, and without the need to reenter any IP addresses in remote sites.5
Meet HPE SimpliVity
Learn more about the enterprise-grade hyperconverged platform that unites best-in-class data services with the world’s best-selling server and offers the industry’s most complete guarantee.
Learn how you can simplify IT and solve capacity, performance, data, mobility, and management challenges in this special edition of the popular For Dummies® series.
Powerhouse Hyperconverged Infrastructure: HPE SimpliVity 380 with OmniStack
An emerging data centre architectural option, dubbed hyperconverged infrastructure, is a new way to reduce your costs and better align enterprise IT with business needs. At its most basic, hyperconverged infrastructure is the conglomeration of the servers and storage devices that comprise the data centre. These systems are wrapped in comprehensive and easy-to-use management tools designed to help shield the administrator from much of the underlying architectural complexity.
Read this TechTarget whitepaper to compare the architectural approaches and hyperconverged products from Cisco, NetApp, Nutanix and HPE.
1. The savings or efficiency are based on the assumption that you configure a backup policy to take at least one HPE SimpliVity backup per day of every virtual machine on every HPE SimpliVity system in a given cluster with those backups retained for 30 days. If backups are performed more frequently and/or retained for a longer period, you will enjoy even greater efficiency. The data change rate is assumed to be up to 5% per day with up to 30% growth rate of the data over a duration of 30 contiguous days.
2. Ninety percent savings is the equivalent of 10 1 efficiency in the cluster in the HPE SimpliVity tab within the hypervisor client. Efficiency is calculated across all HPE SimpliVity systems in a cluster. It’s the ratio of storage capacity that would have been used on a comparable traditional storage solution to the physical storage that is actually used in the HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure. Comparable traditional solutions are storage systems that provide VM-level synchronous replication for storage and backup and do not include any deduplication or compression capability.
3. Time taken by applications to quiesce data is not included in the one minute because it is not in HPE SimpliVity infrastructure’s control.
4. Assumes that the user is starting from the view/tab in the interface that shows the VMs or backups that are being acted on. Changing default destinations are not counted in the three clicks.
5. Assumes a healthy cluster of two or more nodes. This only covers storage resources. Customer must ensure proper CPU and memory resources are available for failover.
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and services are set out in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Hewlett Packard Enterprise shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.