HPE StoreVirtual Storage
Virtual storage solutions that simplify client and server virtualisation with a flexible and highly available scale-out platform.
The Most Flexible Storage for Virtualisation
Versatile and reliable, the HPE StoreVirtual family provides affordable storage for a virtualised infrastructure. Advanced shared storage technology provides the foundation for a composable data fabric, opening up new possibilities for simplified management and scalability across your infrastructure. Our systems are extremely flexible, support continuous data growth and include high-availability features that keep you up and running.
Flexible Deployment Options for Every Need
HPE StoreVirtual is a leader in software-defined storage and is the foundation of a composable data fabric. Optimized for virtualised VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Linux KVM environments, HPE StoreVirtual VSA transforms your server’s internal or direct-attached storage into a scalable, shared storage array, without dedicated storage. Software-defined storage controller software enables customers to run enterprise-class storage features on the same set of hardware that also runs the application workload.
HPE StoreVirtual 3200
HPE adds multi-dimensional scalability (scale-up and scale-out) and a new file gateway to its next-generation, affordable, entry-level StoreVirtual 3200 Storage. With simple management, migration tools and migration services, StoreVirtual 3200 makes the transition to next-gen, software-defined architecture easy.
Leveraging next-gen hardware and a proven 5-nines StoreVirtual OS, HPE StoreVirtual 3200 is not only cost effective for today, it enables you to grow in any direction, add hybrid flash when you are ready, and is part of a data fabric vision which extends to hyper converged infrastructure.
Advanced Data Services for Business Agility
HPE StoreVirtual is a software-defined storage platform that scales in any direction and provides data mobility across tiers, locations and between physical and virtual storage. It enables linear scaling of capacity and performance.
Common management and federated data services give you simplicity and flexibility in your virtual data centres. With the Centralised Management Console, you can manage hundreds of nodes in your environment with the same simplicity.
Snapshot and Remote Copy integration for virtualisation platforms and Windows applications make backup and recovery a snap. Plus, with proven 99.999 percent1 availability and unique stretch cluster capabilities, you can sustain multiple concurrent failures and still keep data online and accessible to applications.
How Our Customers Achieve More with StoreVirtual
To cope with new storage requirements, Sophia Conseil – an engineering services company based in France – used HPE StoreVirtual VSA to transform dedicated server hard drives into a virtualised array. By modernising their storage capabilities with a scalable and upgradable solution, they now have quicker access to data and are able to handle load increases – without change in habits for administrators.
Scale-Out Storage for Virtualised Environments
Grow your virtual environment with a simple, scalable, highly available solution.
- HPE StoreVirtual 3200. Opens New Window: /emea_europe/en/product-catalog/storage/disk-storage/pip.overview.hpe-storevirtual-3000-storage.1009115874.html
- HPE StoreVirtual VSA. Opens New Window: /emea_europe/en/product-catalog/storage/storage-software/pip.5306917.html
- HPE Hyper Converged Systems. Opens New Window: /emea_europe/en/products/integrated-systems/hyper-converged-systems.html
- HPE StoreVirtual 4000. Opens New Window: /emea_europe/en/product-catalog/storage/disk-storage/pip.storevirtual-storage.4118659.html
HPE StoreVirtual Technical Overview
HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Storage
- Scale-up to 100 SFF or 48 LFF drives (maximum up to three 2U drive enclosures)
- Up to 288 TB maximum raw capacity per array
- Scale-out to 2 systems (iSCSI only)
- Host interfaces: 8/16Gb Fibre Channel (4 ports, speed determined by SFP+ module), 1GbE iSCSI (4 or 8 ports), 10GbE iSCSI (4 ports), 10GBase-T (4 ports)
HPE Hyper Converged Systems
- Virtualisation Platform: VMware, Microsoft
- Cores: 6 to 16 cores per CPU, depending on model
- Memory: 128 GB to 1536 GB RAM per compute node, depending on model
- Disks: SFF SAS, SSD supported
- Network: 1GbE and 10 GbE supported
- Max Scale: 16 nodes per cluster
HPE StoreVirtual 4000 Storage
- Capacity: 2.4TB – 1536TB maximum per management group
- Drive: (800) SFF SAS; (256) SFF MDL SAS; (384) LFF SAS; (384) LFF MDL SAS maximum
- Host Interface: 1 GbE iSCSI (128) Ports; 10 GbE iSCSI (64) Ports; 8 Gb Fibre Channel (64) Ports. Maximum, depending on model; Optional upgrade to 10GbE iSCSI (64) Ports
- OS: All major operating systems and hypervisors
Expand your StoreVirtual Investment
Accelerate service delivery with advanced SDS technologies and expertise.
Questions about HPE StoreVirtual? We have answers and expertise.
See the Depth and Breadth of Our Portfolio, Find Products Fast or Browse All Storage
Software-defined storage (SDS) separates separating hardware and data from management to optimise costs while building a flexible architecture.
HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Storage: Low-cost, Next-gen Storage that Scales with You
HPE StoreVirtual VSA transforms your server’s internal or direct attached storage into a full-featured shared storage array affordably and simply.
HPE’s Composable Data Fabric vision is to build on its proven software-defined storage foundation with a universal storage “operating system” which will span every platform, workload, form factor and protocol in software-defined data centres with extreme flexibility.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments can be difficult, especially given today’s mobile and BYOD (bring your own device) workforce.
Find out about all things hyper-converged from Around the Storage Block at HPE Communities.
Server virtualisation addresses the limitations of physical systems by allowing multiple operating systems and applications to run on a single host.
HPE Software-Defined and Hyperconverged Systems Unwrapped
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Storage quality review weekly data, August 2012