Seamlessly power your data from edge to cloud with a cloud experience for every app. Named a 2021 CRN Tech Innovator.
A paradigm shift in data infrastructure with HPE Alletra
Shed the complexity and silos inherent in conventional hybrid cloud environments with category-defining cloud-native data infrastructure that delivers a cloud operating and consumption experience wherever data lives. Stop managing infrastructure — and start simply accessing and utilizing it, as a service and on demand.
+ show more
- Get the agility of cloud
- Run any app
- Unlock your data
- Predict and prevent disruptions
Get the agility of cloud — everywhere
Forget maintaining, upgrading, and tuning on-prem, edge, and cloud storage in isolated, complex silos. HPE Alletra delivers a common experience across clouds — as a service and with limitless scale — through cloud-native management of your entire environment from a single, SaaS-based console.
Now you can setup and manage from anywhere with a simple global management with zero touch deployment in minutes because systems are automatically discovered, on-boarded, and configured. Say goodbye to time-consuming, LUN-centric provisioning with AI-driven, intent based provisioning of application workloads on infrastructure best suited for optimizing SLAs
Run any app — without compromise
Meet any SLA — from core mission-critical and business-critical apps, to remote edge needs, to test/dev and analytics in the cloud. HPE Alletra delivers workload-optimized systems that deliver flexibility without complexity. Enjoy predictable high performance and non-disruptive scale, all backed by 100% availability guarantees for your mission-critical workloads.
IT resource savings
Free your data across hybrid cloud
Unleash the true potential of hybrid cloud with a unified data platform from edge to cloud that delivers consistent data services, unified management, seamless data mobility, and effortless backup and recovery. Maximize your innovation with performance, flexibility, and scale for every app and mobilize data, wherever it lives, with the best of every cloud.
It’s time to bring the cloud experience everywhere to simplify operations and move faster. Learn how eliminating complexity with cloud operations frees you to accelerate digital transformation with data-first modernization.
Engineered to make itself invisible
Get infrastructure that’s self-managing and self-improving — leaving you nothing to do but focus on innovation. You can predict and prevent disruptions across storage, services, and virtual machines, resulting in savings of over 1.5 million hours of lost productivity due to downtime and pinpoint issues between storage and VMs and underutilized virtual resources without effort.
Get a redefined support experience with predictive support automation that delivers an unprecedented support experience with automated L1 and L2 and direct access to the resources you need. All with improved performance, higher availability, and optimized resource utilization and planning.
HPE Alletra 9000 delivers mission-critical reliability
Ideally suited to workloads with extreme latency and availability requirements, HPE Alletra 9000 delivers mission-critical reliability without sacrificing agility. Consolidate traditional and modern mission-critical apps with All-NVMe performance and ultra-low latency — backed by a 100% availability guarantee — and ensure business continuity with a complete suite of advanced DR solutions on-prem and in the cloud.
HPE Alletra 6000 for your business-critical workloads
For business-critical workloads with strict availability and performance SLAs, there’s HPE Alletra 6000 — built on an ultra-efficient architecture for fast, consistent performance and industry-leading data efficiency for all your apps. Ensure resiliency with 99.9999% availability guaranteed, scale as you need, and easily extend to the cloud with consistent data services.
Compare HPE Alletra options - Get flexible consumption and maximum agility
HPE Alletra comes in two product lines—delivering agility and simplicity for every application from edge to cloud and can be provided as a service, or a fully managed turnkey offering, all with the right mix of subscription and usage-based services.
| || |
HPE ALLETRA 6000
HPE ALLETRA 9000
HPE GreenLake for Storage
Documents and releases
Cloud-based management, based on subscription
| || || |
As-a-Service, on-demand consumption
| || || |
Flexibly support any workload
Delivers up to 3X faster performance than previous HPE Nimble Storage All Flash Arrays
Proven to deliver ultra-low latency with 75% of I/O within 250 μs latency, delivering performance density with All-NVMe for over 2 million IOPs in 4U
Delivers performance of either HPE Alletra array series, seamlessly provided as workload or your performance needs evolve
Developed upon the HPE Nimble Storage foundation/architecture
Developed upon the HPE Primera foundation/architecture
Service can flexibly be provided leveraging either or both architectures
Maximum drives per enclosure
144 (HPE Alletra 4N with four HPE Alletra 2240 drive enclosures)
Flexibly support from 24-144
Drive and storage capacity
NVME SSDs: 1.92 TB, 3.84 TB, 7.68 TB, 15.36 TB; Up to 368 TB
HPE Alletra 9060: 1966 TiB (raw) / 6103 TiB (effective)#, HPE Alletra 9080: 1966 TiB (raw) / 6103 TiB (effective)#, #Effective capacity assumes 4:1 estimated data compaction rate (including: thin provisioning, deduplication, compression, and copy technologies) in a RAID 6 (10+2) configuration. Note TB vs TiB. Actual ratios will vary based on workload.; NVMe SFF FIPS encrypted SSD; NVMe SFF SSD; NVMe SFF FIPS encrypted TAA SSD
Flexibility of configuration and workloads (on an as needed basis)
HPE Alletra tech specs
Host interface and storage controller
- HPE Alletra 6000: Redundant storage controllers
- HPE Alletra 9000: 32Gb/s Fibre Channel; 16Gb/s Fibre Channel; 25 Gb Ethernet; 10 Gb Ethernet; 10 GBaseT Ethernet; HPE Alletra 9060 2N Controller, HPE Alletra 9080 2N Controller
- HPE Alletra 6000: Triple+ Parity RAID for data protection (triple drive and intra-drive parity), 99.9999% guaranteed availability, redundant hardware/software design, no single points of failure
- HPE Alletra 9000: Redundant power and cooling modules with battery and fans, A minimum of dual redundant controller nodes, max of four controller nodes for added redundancy, RAID 6 for data protection
- HPE Alletra 6000: 99.9999% (6-nines) guaranteed availability
- HPE Alletra 6000: App-granular, FIPS-certified encryption provides data at rest and over-the-wire protection. Secure data shredding is built in
- HPE Alletra 6000: Native application-consistent snapshots and replication plus integration with leading backup software
- HPE Alletra 6000: Redundant, hot-swap components including controllers, power supplies, SSDs, and IO cards
Host OS support
- HPE 6000: Microsoft Windows® Server® VMware ESXi™ SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server (SLES) Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Ubuntu Server Edition LTS Oracle Linux Oracle Solaris Citrix® XenServer IBM AIX, HP-UX
- HPE 9000: Microsoft Windows Server; Microsoft Windows Hyper-V; HP-UX; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); VMware ESX and ESXi; Oracle Solaris; Oracle Linux; Citrix Hypervisor ; IBM AIX; IBM Virtualization; VSI OpenVMS
- For the latest information on supported operating systems refer to Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge (SPOCK) for HPE Storage products:
HPE Data Services
- HPE Alletra arrays include a subscription to HPE Data Ops Manager for cloud-based management of the array
- Subscription is included in the quote when support is selected and has the same duration as support
Go deep in a 3rd party perspective on HPE Alletra storage arrays and the HPE Data Service Cloud Console and the flexibility of an API-first mentality and the option of leveraging the HPE GreenLake pay-per-use model.
Solutions optimized for HPE Alletra
Modernize your data management with a revolutionary suite of cloud data services and transform the way you manage apps and infrastructure across your organization’s infrastructure.
With HPE Alletra and HPE Ezmeral Runtime Enterprise you get all the tools you need to build, modernize, deploy, monitor and manage a wide range of AI and analytics workloads to unleash your data’s full potential and accelerate your data-driven digital transformation.
Get cloud native backup as a service that is specifically designed for hybrid cloud with the HPE Backup and Recovery service and get instant restores, rapid recovery on-prem, and cost-effective long-term retention in the cloud.