HPE GreenLake Customer Stories
Across industries, HPE GreenLake is helping customers to complete digital transformations.
Australia’s leading container terminal operator requires terminal efficiency, business agility and responsive service for its global customers.
- Challenge: Provide efficiency, agility and reliable automated operations.
- Solution: Adopt HPE GreenLake cloud services to ensure reliable loading and unloading, and to gain agility to innovate and respond to changing business demands.
- Outcome: Improved terminal operational efficiency, ensuring support for greater automation, enabling new services for customers and providing added security to systems.
Zenseact is at the centre of the crossroads of driver safety and autonomous vehicles. This Volvo Cars-owned startup built a consumption-based platform to deliver tens of thousands of simulations per second and make cars safer.
- Challenge: A critical need for an innovative technology partner, enabling delivery of thousands of self-driving simulations every second.
- Solution: Partner with HPE GreenLake to ensure technology is always available, consumed as a service and paid for over time, ensuring Zenseact is fully equipped for today and into the future.
- Outcome: A high-performance platform to deliver what the business needs now and ensure what is possible in this space as a result of the partnership going forward.
Join a fireside chat with Keith White, SVP and GM at HPE GreenLake cloud services, and Abhay Savargaonkar, CTO Global CSP Sales at Nokia, as they discuss why as a service is important to CSPs and why Nokia has adopted an as a service strategy.
Experience how HPE and Nokia are delivering value to our joint customers.
Learn how LyondellBasell is partnering with HPE to drive sustainable digital transformation for next-level agility, efficiency and speed with HPE GreenLake cloud services.
- Challenge: Reduce environmental footprint and improve business efficiency to drive sustainable digital transformation.
- Solution: Switch to a next-generation data centre and innovate with HPE GreenLake.
- Outcome: Reduced environmental footprint and improved business efficiency while empowering collaboration and expanding value creation.
EPS worked with HPE to put in place a highly scalable, available and secure deployment and achieve its business objective of delivering real-time ATM transactions to end users of banks and payment solutions to financial institutions.
- Challenge: EPS needed high uptime to facilitate real-time ATM transactions for banks, along with a high level of security and compliance.
- Solution: Working with HPE Pointnext, EPS put in place a highly available, robust data centre and hosting solution.
- Outcome: EPS offers managed ATM and outsourcing services to public sector banks and financial institutions on a pay-per-use basis.
After completing the renewal of its accounting system, Mizuho Bank refreshed the infrastructure of its private cloud platform, Mizuho Cloud IA.
- Challenge: Provide stable services that support banking operations and information systems on an IaaS platform that can respond quickly to unforeseen changes.
- Solution: Adopt HPE Synergy, a composable infrastructure product that allows code control and automation using REST API, via HPE GreenLake, which allows the bank to deploy additional hardware and software on a monthly IT consumption model.
- Outcome: Improved the system’s ability to meet users’ various demands, achieved adaptability and enabled predictive maintenance.
With HPE GreenLake, au Kabucom Securities Co., Ltd., a Japanese online securities company is realising their vision of becoming a digital financial securities firm. To do this, the company completely revamped their infrastructure.
- Challenge: Refresh and relocate a data centre consisting of about 1,000 physical servers used for securities training while realising the highest degree of security, keeping costs low and making infrastructure secure and agile.
- Solution: Optimise performance and costs by consuming next-generation infrastructure system in a monthly or pay-as-you-go model with HPE GreenLake.
- Outcome: Reduced the number of servers from over 1,000 to under a few hundred with the expectation of reducing the total cost of infrastructure by 11% in five years.
In business for over two decades, Wibmo provides authentication services to over 70 banks and processes between 60 ‒ 70% of India’s e-commerce transactions. It prides itself on playing a major role in the digital infrastructure of the country.
- Challenge: Overhaul infrastructure to gain better deployment time, use less space and lower power consumption.
- Solution: HPE and Archon built a private cloud in Wibmo’s data centre, virtualising over 80% of infrastructure and reducing procurement lag while also decreasing infrastructure footprint by 65% and capital expenditure by 55%.
- Outcome: Scalability, agility and a cloud-like experience.
Located in a fast-growing region of the Netherlands, Flevohospital has seen the population of its city more than double since it opened its doors in 1991 – and that growth trajectory is expected to continue over the next decades.
- Challenge: To meet ever-increasing data scale, velocity and complexity, Flevoziekenhuis needed to modernise its storage environment.
- Solution: The hospital leveraged HPE GreenLake to make the move to an intelligent storage environment while avoiding capital investments.
- Outcome: HPE GreenLake delivers both a 30% OPEX saving and a model for growth without upfront investment or negotiation.
Specsavers 3D eye-scanning technology generates vast amounts of customer and medical information. HPE GreenLake enables Specsavers to scale up or down the storage capacity without an upfront technology investment and improve the performance of their applications.
- Challenge: Specsavers had an ageing infrastructure and needed a new way to keep up with their customer and medical information.
- Solution: Specsavers partnered with HPE GreenLake to gain the benefit of the hybrid cloud and use of the consumption model.
- Outcome: Storage capacity that can be scaled up and down and improved application performance.
Tübingen University Hospital is a leading German centre for university medicine. It comprises 17 hospitals, 13 healthcare institutes, 16 interdepartmental centres and a range of medical centres.
- Challenge: The entire IT infrastructure for Tübingen University Hospital’s SAP environment was outdated and increasingly reaching its performance limits.
- Solution: The previous hardware has now been replaced with four HPE ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP HANA systems, resulting in a significant boost in application performance.
- Outcome: The new SAP-certified infrastructure reduces risk, eliminates downtime and gives options for new applications.
Toyota Mapmaster used HPE GreenLake to simplify infrastructure by integrating two systems with high-performance storage at the core and achieve cost levelling throughout the lifecycle by utilising an IT consumption model when introducing equipment.
- Challenge: Refresh infrastructure of both “Map Production Core System” and “Differential Map Production System” while maximising ROI.
- Solution: Simplified infrastructure by integrating two systems with high-performance storage at the core.
- Outcome: Realised streamlined accounting of IT assets while securing performance and capacity required over the next five years through HPE GreenLake.
Danfoss builds climate-friendly data centres
Danfoss has partnered with HPE to design a forward-looking IT strategy, leveraging in-memory computing platforms to support both its business processes and its engineering teams. With world pressure mounting to solve issues like population growth, depletion of natural resources and urbanization, Danfoss is now equipped to operate as a digitised enterprise.
- Challenge: Align global operations and accelerate time-to-market with IT infrastructure that meets the highest standards for transparency, scalability, security and cost-efficiency.
- Solution: For its ERP initiative, the company implemented SAP S/4HANA in a Greenfield environment, using HPE hardware, software and services to do so.
- Outcome: Wrapping its HANA architecture in a pay-per-use model using HPE GreenLake helped the company to access cutting-edge technology without large capital expenditures.
In just a few years, Assemblage Entertainment has grown to become an international, full-service 3D animation and visual effects studio credited with making major Hollywood features.
- Challenge: Tasked with creating media-rich assets, Assemblage wanted a best-in-class IT infrastructure that offers them flexibility, scale, reliability and affordability.
- Solution: An HPE GreenLake solution helped Assemblage overcome process bottlenecks of the past and achieve significantly greater productivity, reliability and speed.
- Outcome: Assemblage is able to instantly meet customer demands, while reducing administrative complexity and preserving options for easy expansion.
Porsche Informatik, a wholly owned subsidiary and IT service provider of Porsche Holding based in Salzburg, needed to modernise its IT components from the ground up.
- Challenge: The company wanted to create a data centre with high computing power, clear and manageable structures, a high degree of automation, the greatest possible security and a flexible billing model.
- Solution: Changing its IT approach, Porsche Informatik shifted to a software-defined data centre using future-oriented HPE Synergy and HPE GreenLake.
- Outcome: The new system simplifies and centralises management, while providing the highest power computing available and enabling flexibility and agility.
Flexibility for the Austrian Economic Counsel via WKO InHouse and HPE
The Austrian Economic Chambers’ internal IT organisation, WKO Inhouse GmbH, delivers IT services and applications such as SAP® and Microsoft® Exchange to the country’s regional chambers as well as its main Vienna locations.
- Challenge: Focus less on IT operations and focus more effectively on the advancement and growth of Austrian industries.
- Solution: WKO upgraded its legacy HPE storage infrastructure – previously managed under a patchwork of leasing and support contracts – and servers to HPE 3PAR and HPE Synergy.
- Outcome: The HPE GreenLake consumption-based framework reduces the administrative overhead that once encumbered the group’s procurement and deployment processes, and users get faster, simpler access to enterprise-grade IT hardware and support.
More than a million residents of central California’s Kern County depend on the county government for critical public services. Implementing flexible solutions like HPE GreenLake has enabled the department to support county government agencies effectively despite ongoing budgetary pressures.
Using HPE GreenLake, Nokia Software accelerated 5G software development with a private cloud as a service built on all-flash HPE 3PAR storage and HPE blades, maximising performance and lowering CAPEX.
- Challenge: Support fast-growing software development and testing demands with greater agility and efficiency.
- Solution: Adopted HPE GreenLake consumption based IT model to build private cloud as a service on efficient, high-density HPE 3PAR all-flash storage.
- Outcome: Nokia Software continues to maximise performance and reduce capital expenses, while reducing its environmental footprint.
LAKE put its trust in HPE with partner Scality to provide a highly reliable, secure and scalable backup solution, delivered with HPE GreenLake to accommodate unpredictable customer demands with the agility and economics of the cloud.
- Challenge: LAKE needed to improve flexibility and economics for delivering backup as a service to customers with unpredictable demands.
- Solution: The company deployed Scality RING cloud built on HPE Apollo 4000 systems delivered with the HPE GreenLake as-a-service consumption model.
- Outcome: Customer data is secure and compliant, and LAKE’s flexible platform makes it possible to deliver new service offerings while aligning costs to usage.