Begin your IT circular economy journey
Mitigate the e-waste explosion
Discover how taking a new approach to your IT asset lifecycle management focused on remarketing, reuse, and reduced power consumption can decrease your total cost of ownership and unlock additional value for your organization. Read this eBook to learn how and why IT organizations are taking advantage of the circular economy.
Measure your contribution to the circular economy
With the HPE Financial Services Circular Economy Report, your IT organization can show its direct contribution to your company's overall sustainability goals. This report is a customized analysis for lease-return and asset-upcycling customers.
All good journeys are built on a sturdy plan
Your IT circular economy journey should be no different. Challenge your IT and sustainability organizations with these goals to get on the right path toward environmental sustainability:
Form a partnership with your sustainability team — be a part of your company’s sustainability program.
Ensure at least 75% of your retired assets go back “into the circle.”
Circular Economy and the IT Mindset
Hear the results from our recent study asking companies about their interest in and activities toward supporting environmental sustainability initiatives. We explore both the impact these efforts have on companies and the opportunities for IT to contribute to company-wide practices.
Sustainability and the circular economy
Hear the data available from the Circular Economy and the IT Mindset study plus expert observations gained from working with sustainability teams at companies around the world.
HPE joins Ellen McArthur Foundation
Ellen McArthur Foundation (EMF) is a thought-leadership organization that works with businesses, government, and academia to build a framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design. See how HPE is helping accelerate the transition to a circular economy.
Unlock additional value from your existing IT
If you’re like most businesses, you use 70% of your current IT resources to manage legacy infrastructure, and the other 30% to implement new technology.1 IT asset lifecycle solutions from HPE Financial Services help you extract additional value from your existing IT investments or move to new technology more effectively. We’ll develop a custom plan to help you optimize and repurpose your existing IT investments — or convert them into capital that funds your transition to new innovations.
Optimize your existing IT investments
Extract the full value from your existing IT assets when you redeploy them in another area of your business. Our vast, multi-vendor asset pool can supply end-of-service-life hardware components that keep your legacy-locked hardware or proprietary systems running longer, or even expand them.
Transition to new technologies
Unlock the IT currency in your existing investments to fund business-critical technology refreshes. Our remarketing operations for your unneeded equipment, coupled with savings through short-term and proof-of-concept hardware rental vs. purchase, help extract value to accelerate innovation.
Adapt for changing business needs
Build a flexible plan that spans both the globe and the IT equipment lifecycle with a one-stop shop for asset lifecycle services — tailored to your specific use case. Our platform of global capabilities delivers consistent, secure services around the world to help you reuse, recycle, or destroy decommissioned IT assets.
Learn how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impacts compliance and security — and about the risks of not having a good program in place.
The circular economy benefits businesses and the environment, too, by reducing both budget and landfill waste. But there are rules and regulations in effect for protecting personal data when recycling used equipment.
Streamline your asset lifecycle process by relying on HPE Financial Services as your single-source provider for these global platform capabilities:
- Asset value recovery
- HPE and third-party product expertise
- Custom product configuration, test, and disassembly
- Product cataloging, staging, and redeployment
- Global reverse logistics
- Data security and destruction
- Recycling and environmental compliance
Our asset lifecycle services
Find new ways to plan for, acquire, consume, and adapt the technology systems you need for business transformation. Optimize your existing infrastructure or move to new technology more effectively with IT asset lifecycle solutions from HPE Financial Services.
Extend the life of your legacy systems with our vetted and certified inventory of used IT equipment, including the entire current HPE portfolio, from 18 months up to 25 years old. Purchase, lease, or rent — whichever model works for you.
HPE Financial Services offers reliable, certified pre-owned IT equipment that can help you tailor your IT lifecycle strategy. Previous-generation technology is perfectly suited for a variety of business scenarios, including legacy-locked applications, disaster-recovery systems replication, and extending use beyond manufacturing life.
Benefits of certified pre-owned products
Extend the life of legacy-locked systems with reliable replacement equipment that maintains the performance of critical legacy systems.
- Custom-configure servers to meet your needs, with a 1-year onsite warranty.
Migrate to new technology more efficiently.
- Bridge technology to ensure a quick transition to new IT.
- Create a testing environment for application migration.
- Benefit from special discounts for customers with budget constraints.
Minimize the risk in legacy systems.
- HPE OEM-certified uses the latest factory diagnostics, firmware, configuration, and engineering, plus authorized operating system licensing.
- HPE warranty and support are available on all CPO products.
- Flexible payment options enable you to purchase, lease, or rent to pay for products on your own terms.
Manage and monetize your owned IT assets throughout their entire lifecycle. More than just IT equipment removal, asset upcycling services (formerly asset recovery services) help protect the integrity of your brand reputation by providing secure data overwriting and environmentally responsible removal and recycling.
HPE Asset Upcycling Services deliver a flexible, consistent process for retiring IT equipment. We can help you build a customized plan for your business’ unique needs and navigate through the applicable data-security and environmental laws.
Key elements of HPE asset upcycling services
- Automated pickup request – Customer portal for visibility and management; deinstallation and pack/ship services available
- Secure, end-to-end logistics – Global scale and consistency; customized levels of security and logistics
- Serialized asset tracking and testing – Asset-level proof of data destruction; automated asset reporting with settlement
- Data destruction and safe recycling – Data wiping and media destruction
- Automated reporting and settlement – True market value provided for assets — asset value can be realized based on customer’s needs
Benefits of asset recovery services
Ensure governance of business processes when align your internal best practices with data security and environmental standards for safe, responsible IT removal and recycling.
Rely on consistent support and processes for your business around the world with our global scope and capabilities.
Build brand credibility through a trusted ARS partner with a vested interest in maintaining your high standards and brand name.
Recover revenue by monetizing your existing owned assets when you market your unneeded equipment for money back — at maximized resale values.
Virtual warehouse services
Save money and extend legacy system life by supporting your future needs with your existing assets. Store, update, and redeploy decommissioned equipment from the convenience of our centralized warehousing facilities.
Virtual warehousing with HPE Financial Services is highly customizable asset lifecycle service that helps you maximize the return on your IT investments. Repurpose and reuse IT technology for future needs — at another location or in a different way.
Benefits of virtualized warehousing services
Optimize your IT budget by repurposing existing technology instead of purchasing new IT.
- Consolidate sprawl of decommissioned assets.
- Extend the value of IT assets that are still useful to the business.
- Redirect excess budget toward transformational projects.
Extend the life of legacy systems by using decommissioned assets to maintain business-critical systems.
- Repurpose equipment to add capacity to existing systems.
- Create a parts warehouse to maintain legacy equipment.
- Deploy warehoused parts to any location globally.
Data center consolidation
Keep business running as usual during your data center relocation or consolidation. Rent our pre-configured, customized systems in the interim to ensure an interruption-free transition.
Data center migration through HPE Financial Services offers a seamless migration, enabling you to keep your existing infrastructure running while you move to a new location. This service set offers customized data center solutions, flexible payment options for IT technology, and asset upcycling services for trade-in.
Benefits of data center migration services
Improve cost savings and efficiency — as well as free up budget for critical projects — by renting instead of buying.
- Eliminate the need to purchase redundant equipment.
- Get flexibility in your project duration and payment schedule.
- Return the original product for trade toward another rental product.
Make a fast, agile transformation.
- Remove the complexity of consolidating data centers.
- Focus on key business initiatives.
- Speed the migration process by shifting data, not systems.
Replicate your existing environment with customizable, certified, pre-owned products from any OEM vendor.
- Replicate your existing data center environment.
- Customize legacy infrastructure for your specific needs.
- Get any available OEM product — a true multi-vendor solution.
Retire assets securely with end-to-end services.
- Secure logistics services provided on a global scale.
- Data security ensured throughout the disposition process.
- Data destruction services offered onsite or at one of our two HPE Technology Renewal Centers.
Unleash the powerful selling tool of demonstration — but leave the setup and operation to us. Our flexible pool of IT technology can be deployed and redeployed to demo a design concept to OEMs and application vendors, or for extended usage in a real business production environment.
Proof-of-concept enablement with HPE Financial Services creates a flexible pool of assets that can be scaled based on your volume requirements.
Benefits of proof-of-concept enablement services
Close more deals when you give a live demo of what your product can do, without expending the time in setup and operation.
- We handle the operational aspects of proof-of-concept.
- Expand your proof-of-concept pool without increasing your budget.
Adjust your asset pool based on customer demand.
- Expand your POC pool without increasing your budget.
- Pay for what you need and scale as demand increases.
- Share asset ownership and risk assumption with HPE.
Success in action
Transguard upgrades to scalable business agility
Security and business services firm Transguard needed secure asset removal and flexible investment solutions to scale its technology in tandem with its growing business needs.
Comport gives new life to healthcare systems
Data security provider Comport helps its commercial and healthcare clients extend their legacy environments with certified, pre-owned products supplied and supported by HPE.
Watch us bring new life to legacy hardware as pre-owned, custom-configured solutions or securely dispose of unwanted items at our Andover, Massachusetts Technology Renewal Center.
Get an insider’s view of how we securely process legacy IT assets for recycling or reuse with this virtual tour of our Renewal Center in Erskine, Scotland.
Global citizenship is at the core of our business, and as a result, our partners around the world uphold the same high standards. We are committed to our customers managing their IT investments responsibly and with compassion for the environment and society.
1-page document that describes the ALCS solutions and processing done in the Technology Renewal Centers
Contact a sales rep
Get a custom plan for optimizing your end-of-life IT assets or transitioning to new technologies that you need to grow your business.
1. Forrester, The Global Tech Market Outlook for 2018 to 2019, January 2018