The standard for rack-optimised servers
The ProLiant DL family offers you a choice of versatile, resilient servers suited to diverse workloads in data centre environments of all sizes.
Forward-looking compute design
With forward-looking designs, HPE ProLiant DL servers offer the agility, security, and economic control to realise your strategies with IT in the role of business innovator.
Matching compute to your workloads
The HPE ProLiant DL family provides solutions that match a wide range of compute requirements. The 500 series consists of scale-up servers for business critical workloads like Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environments. The 300 series is comprised of versatile performance servers to support a variety of applications. The 100 series optimises storage, performance, efficiency, and manageability to address multiple workloads. The 10 series is right-sized for the budget-conscious.
Scale up for your business critical workloads
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 is the new scale-up enterprise performance standard for business critical workloads. The 4P/4U server delivers high performance and expandability, unleashing the power of compute.
Make your organisation agile
HPE ProLiant DL Gen10 servers are designed for agility through management and tuning features as well as enhanced performance with HPE Scalable Persistent Memory. Match compute to workload and optimise based on your unique needs.
Protect your digital assets and data with unique security
HPE ProLiant DL Gen10 servers feature our unique firmware protections, placing cybersecurity controls right into the silicon. Combined with our protected supply chain, this enables a “Silicon Root of Trust” to mitigate firmware-based cyber threats.
Control your financial destiny in IT
HPE gives you the ability to pay only for server resources used, scaling on demand without overprovisioning or incurring exponential costs. Flexible payment models align with business outcomes and can scale based on unpredictable future needs.
HPE ProLiant DL products
A 4P/4U scale-up server for demanding, high density workloads. Compared to Gen9, it has 5X the number of drives, 4X NVMe drives, and 2X PCIe slots.
The high-density scale-up server for business critical workloads, this 4P 2U server delivers business critical computing performance. Choose ProLiant DL560 Gen10 as your scale-up platform to optimise datacentre utilisation.
The industry-leading server for multi-workload compute, the secure, resilient 2P 2U HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server delivers world-class performance and supreme versatility for multiple environments. Standardise on the industry’s most trusted platform.
The dense compute standard for multi-workload environments, the secure 2P HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Server delivers exceptional flexibility and unmatched expandability packed in a 1U rack design. Deploy in space-constrained environments.
The entry level 2P server with the right balance of storage, efficiency and manageability in a dense, 1U form factor. Allows a growing enterprise to address various workloads.
The ideal 2P platform for growing data centre needs with the right balance of expandability, performance and manageability all in a compact 2U chassis.
Gen10 rack servers are here
Learn more about our new portfolio of Gen10 rack servers.
- 24 HPE Smart Memory DDR4 2666MT/s (3.0TB max) (DL360 and DL380)
- 48 HPE Smart Memory DDR4 2666MT/s (6.0TB max) (DL560 and DL580)
- Up to 12 NVDIMMs (DL380 and DL360)
- Up to 24 NVDIMMs and 10X performance improvement to accelerate data management (DL560 and DL580)
- Up to 192GB per system (DL380 and DL360)
- Up to 384GB per system (DL560 and DL580)
- Scalable Persistent Memory at over 1TB Scale (DL380)
- Choice of Storage 8+2+1 SFF / 4 LFF + 1 SFF / 10 NVMe +1 SFF PCIe SSD including new rear drive option and M.2 (DL360)
- Choice of Storage 24+6 SFF / 12 + 4 + 3 LFF + 2 SFF / 20 NVMe SFF PCIe SSD including new rear drive option and M.2 (DL380)
- 2X more NVMe drives and up to 64TB delivering direct connect performance (DL560)
- Up to 48 SFF HDDs, 4.8x more than in previous generation (DL580)
- Advanced Server System Management with HPE iLO 5 (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Boot Options supporting UEFI and legacy boot modes (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Enhanced RAS features for high availability (DL560 and DL580)
- Silicon Root of Trust – powered by iLO 5 (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Secure system management with iLO 5 and UEFI to protect assets and data (DL560 and DL580)
Networking, I/O, and Security
- 4x1GbE embedded + Choice of FlexibleLOM or Standup (DL360, DL380 and DL560)
- I/O Options with 3 PCIe 3.0 slots (for 10 NVMe chassis, only 2 PCIe slots available) (DL360)
- Greater I/O with 8 PCIe 3.0 slots and expanded GPU support (DL380 and DL560)
- Up to 16 PCIe 3.0 slots (DL580)
- Enhanced Security with HPE Secure Encryption, TPM option, Digitally signed firmware, tamper proof secure pre-boot environment with SecureStart, Silicon Root of Trust, HTTPS boot, and Intrusion detection (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Intelligent System Tuning (IST) (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Next Generation HPE Dynamic Smart Array (DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580)
- Universal backplane supporting SAS/SATA or 10 NVMe PCIe SSD option (DL360)
- Up to four, 96% efficient Flex Slot power supplies with redundant configurations (DL560)
Transforming Oracle with ProLiant and 3PAR
ON Semiconductor, a global company, leveraged HPE ProLiant DL580 Servers, 3PAR StoreServ Storage, and the Database Performance Profiler Tool to transform its Oracle E-Business Suite and reduce licensing costs.
Security company improves video surveillance
BCDVideo, leading video surveillance storage provider, helped its customers increase efficiency, monitor performance, and lower TCO through a custom-built IP video server solution.
I am impressed by the performance of the next generation of HPE servers. With every release of a new HPE server generation, our customers receive the best price-to-performance ratios available in the industry. As a Service Provider with multiple Private and Public Cloud offerings our customers expect the best technology at a competitive price. HPE consistently meets or exceeds those expectations.Steven Nolen
Leadership in server security
HPE ProLiant: The world’s most secure industry standard servers1
Let's talk ProLiant workloads
Speak with an HPE server expert to learn how the new HPE ProLiant DL servers can help you achieve your infrastructure goals.
Why a hybrid IT approach is essential
Why companies should pay attention to the growing security threat
Moor Insights: Hybrid IT helps businesses navigate through digital transformation
HPE ProLiant Rack & Tower servers
Moor insights: HPE locks down server security
Scalable persistent memory whiteboard video
Silicon Root of Trust whiteboard video
New iLO 5 for ProLiant Gen10 demo
IT security has always been a moving target. Threats escalate, often on an hourly basis. New attacks and vulnerabilities are discovered daily. Most enterprises believe they have a handle on the security challenges they face, but that confidence is very often misplaced. Based on your answers to the questions, we’ll provide a quick assessment of your IT security profile.
Your server infrastructure should be your strongest defense, armed with the latest innovations to prevent, detect, and recover from security attacks. It’s no longer adequate to limit security to firewalls. With the HPE Secure Compute Lifecycle.
1) Rack-optimized portfolio of the world’s most secure industry standard servers1 .
2) Up to 71% Performance Boost in 2P Servers with the Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors, compared to previous generation2 .
3) Up to 68% Performance Boost in 4P Servers with the Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors over previous generation5 .