What are Data Insights?
Data insights are the direct benefits of a profound understanding of an enterprise organization’s information. The analysis of certain issues and patterns leads to data insights that an organization can use for better decision-making, which can lead to better ROIs, deeper understanding of the market, and increased benefits within both the organization itself and their client base.
How do you find data insights?
Data insights are found through the deep analysis of patterns and statistics within data. Through the interpretation of these patterns, organizations transform insights into forecasting customer needs, therefore promoting more effective decision-making. In order to extract actionable insights from data, enterprises must follow several steps, including:
1. Collection of raw data is the first step to developing data insights. Initial raw data collection is considered “messy,” as large quantities of data are often formatted in structured and unstructured formats.
2. Categorization of data and reformatting to fit your analysis structure is a critical step toward gaining data insights. Restructuring and “cleaning” are necessary to consolidate and segment data for analysis.
3. Strategic analysis that leads to predictive algorithms is the next necessary step in finding data insights. Utilizing the appropriate algorithms during this stage is essential for data validation.
4. Analysis of predictions is what leads to better decision-making, as the predictions within your observed data determine which direction your customer base is heading, or where the market is leading.
5. Understanding your data insights is the last step to transforming your data into insights and empowering better decision‑making.
What is the difference between data analytics and data insights?
The main differentiation of data analytics and data insights is that insight is established through analytics. Data analytics is the controllable factor acting as the boundary that surrounds an organization’s data. Insight is what can be gained through the proper and intentional analysis of specified data. Analytics must be defined in order to function, and insight is what organizations need to discover.
Data analytics involves:
· Intentional break-down of data into groups
· The process of strategic analysis
· A deep dive into patterns and details
Data insights lead to:
· Understanding of data gained through structured analysis
· Greater customer satisfaction
· Increased profits and sales
· Benefits management and decision-making
HPE and data insights
Watch your customer predictions gain accuracy, unlock value, and turn your data into intelligence with HPE GreenLake. This is all possible for your enterprise organization now with data-first modernization, as HPE GreenLake simplifies your data management every step of the way. Eliminating complexities, protecting your data, and connecting your data infrastructure on a deeper level is all possible with HPE’s four steps to data-first modernization. And with HPE GreenLake for data, you can unlock more value despite how broad and massively diverse your data architecture is. Experience data-first and open your business to a new horizon of opportunities.
With data increasingly generated and stored at the edge—and in staggering quantities—your organization can benefit from expert help harnessing the power of your data. You can find it through the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform. It evolves with your data, as your edge itself expands. And with the ability to create a single source of truth, your data can be analyzed on a deeper level than ever, transforming it into real-time insights and empowering smarter decision-making. Experience an open and secure edge-to-cloud platform for enterprise applications and power modernization with a data-first approach.
HPE Advanced Analytics solutions convert your big data from edge to cloud, leading to critical insights necessary for transforming your business. With the world rapidly turning to big data, and with the volume of data exploding, your organization needs a big data strategy. That’s where our business experts, partners, and tech can help. With HPE GreenLake for Data, you can enjoy accelerated outcomes at a lower cost of deployment. All provided as-a-service and designed for your toughest workloads.