HPE Recovery Manager Central
Converged data protection and copy data management services at the speed of all-flash.
Solve the data protection challenge with RMC
Combine the benefits of backups and snapshots in an application-managed, storage-integrated data protection solution. Snapshot-based backup solutions provide fast, simple and affordable end-to-end data protection.
+ show more
Create and automate backup, replication and archival SLA policies with just a few clicks.
Transform backup from a reactive insurance policy to a proactive value-add service.
Snapshots provide fast and non-disruptive online recovery.
Data protection and copy data management
Flash-integrated data protection and management built for cloud.
HPE Recovery Manager Central Software
Download technical details for RMC Software, integrating with SAP HANA, Oracle, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, and SQL.
Fast, efficient, simple, reliable.
Rapid, non-disruptive backup and online recovery
- HPE RMC eliminates the backup window and enables rapid online recovery with hundreds of fast, non-disruptive, application-consistent snapshots.
- This reduces the backup impact on your applications, which supports the performance of your HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble flash deployment.
Protect workloads fast as flash
- With HPE RMC Express Protect, the performance that flash application SLAs require is met.
- Achieve 23 times faster backups and 15 times faster restores than traditional methods by enabling backups of snapshot data from HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble to HPE StoreOnce appliance (physical or virtual), independent of backup server software.3
Simple, efficient data protection
- HPE RMC simplifies the backup architecture required for protecting applications.
- All backups are deduplicated using HPE StoreOnce Federated Deduplication technology, thereby reducing backup storage requirements by up to 20 times.4
Put your backup data to work
- HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble storage-integrated copy data management solves the challenges of copy data proliferation and manual data provisioning with fast, automated and zero-impact data access for recovery, analytics and app development.
Application-managed data protection
- With application integrated protection, you can manage application consistent snapshots, backup and recovery directly from your preferred native interface.
- HPE RMC also enables crash consistent backups and snapshots on any application running on HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble.
Self-contained, fully independent backups
- Backups stored on HPE StoreOnce are self-contained, fully independent volumes.
- With HPE RMC, these can be restored back to the original or a different HPE 3PAR or HPE Nimble array in the event of a disaster, or if physical problems occur in the production storage environment.
- This level of data protection cannot be achieved with snapshots alone.
HPE StoreOnce demonstrates leadership in new Backup Appliance Buyer's Guide
HPE is the only vendor to have its full portfolio of next generation backup appliances earn the “recommended” top ranking in DCIG’s new buyer's guide. Find out why HPE StoreOnce leads the field.
99X Technology now protects ahead of the flash curve
99X, a leading cloud service provider based in Norway, implemented a converged data protection solution and reduced the backup time for a single VM by a factor of 20.
Legacy storage and backup systems could not deliver the speed, flexibility and efficiency 99X wanted. They needed to lower TCO, simplify management, improve application performance, and enhance data protection.
99X replaced their previous systems with HPE 3PAR StoreServ 20850 Storage enterprise all-flash arrays, the HPE StoreOnce 6500 System, and HPE Recovery Manager Central.
“We can now direct our focus on protecting data that really matters and can go to market with a lower price and a higher quality service.”
99X reduced backup times for a single vSphere Virtual Machine (VM) by a factor of twenty. They currently run 40 to 50 backups simultaneously, and on average they take between 25 and 30 minutes to complete.
Data protection playbook for all-flash, cloud-ready storage
Learn how to bring unparalleled flexibility and scalability to the way you protect your mission critical apps by combining cloud with on-premises IT. This document outlines five key considerations for flash-storage-integrated and cloud-ready data protection. Efficiently leverage the economics and agility of cloud backup and disaster recovery, while continuing to use your on-premises infrastructure for fast, reliable operational recovery.
1 Compared to traditional backup environments.
2 Assuming dedupe ratio of 20:1 as compared to a fully hydrated backup.
3 Based on internal HPE testing performed in May 2016, comparing backup performance of HPE Recovery Manager Central with traditional, non-HPE backup software.
4 As compared to a fully hydrated backup.