What is Data Deluge?
A data deluge is a scenario where more data is generated than can be successfully and efficiently managed or capped. This results in missed chances to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions as well as build a new framework for both practical and conceptual understandings.
What is the main reason for data deluge?
Significant amounts of data are produced every second. Everything we do online these days, including social media interactions, internet browsing, and online communication, generates enormous amounts of data that standard data processing systems can't handle.
The capacity to produce enormous amounts of data is growing faster than the infrastructure and technologies required to enable data-driven research. In light of how quickly the volume of digital data is expanding, the delay is logical. Though proper long-term infrastructures for substantial data need to be organized, rationalized, and maintained, this effort has to start right away. The massive data flood was attributed to a number of factors, one of which being the emerging economies' rapid rise. But this is only the tip of the iceberg, there’s much more than meets the eye:
- Users around the world want high-quality videos and devices that support 1080p resolution streaming. These devices are not only easily accessible these days but are also relatively affordable.
- Multi-sensor panoramic 4k cameras and hi-tech devices are becoming increasingly popular.
- The constant monitoring has resulted in data hoarding and business legislations and federals require extended video retention periods that have caused high data deluge globally.
- Large data hoarding and data silos.
How do you overcome data deluge?
Huge volumes of data will help generate fresh perspectives and better business choices, but only if a thorough data management strategy is in place; otherwise, there will be vast amounts of data that no one will know what to do with.
- Prevent data hoarding: when you start collecting enormous amounts of data without specifying how or why it was done, it becomes subject to conclusions that can be grossly inaccurate.
- Data inaccuracies: when you know why you're collecting your data and how you want to utilize it, things become more apparent. Even worse, clinging to useless data can potentially push the organization on the wrong path.
- Dismantle your data silos: you must have a holistic view of the structure of your data ecosystem. Silos can result in expensive duplication of data and hinder the business as a whole from leveraging that data to its full potential.
- Develop a culture that is focused on data: data should be fully incorporated, documented, validated, and made accessible to the correct equipment or, more importantly, the relevant parties.
- Prepare your data effectively and choose the best use cases: The main motivation for most businesses to gather vast amounts of data is so that they can use AI to analyze it and make more informed business choices. Companies that excel at data collection, storage, and analysis stand to benefit significantly more and be more successful in achieving data-based insights and successes.
The primary force behind business and business intelligence is now data. In the business and IT environments where we currently operate, enormous volumes of data are being generated or collected every second. These workloads and data must be moved by IT with the least possible disruption to ongoing business operations.
HPE and Data Deluge
Data has the ability to alter; obtaining value from data is essential for innovation because it enables companies to expand their market reach, create goods and services that are appealing to customers, and operate more quickly and intelligently. HPE offers strong applications for global enterprises:
- Zerto provides a software-only solution that gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to backing up, protecting, moving, and managing the security and positioning of your virtualized storage and workloads. Zerto is a hypervisor-level management tool that oversees the recovery of virtual machines and drives. With seamless connection, portability, protection, and application encapsulation of workloads across clouds and without vendor lock-in, Zerto offers a workload mobility and protection layer. There is less downtime and minimum data loss which allows data restoration to begin within seconds of an issue forming. This reduces the amount of money spent on storage, makes data and apps portable and restorable from any location, creates a scalable data protection system, and offers automatic fast recovery to restore both data and applications.
- For your workloads, HPE GreenLake offers on-premises public cloud services and infrastructure as a service that is completely managed at the edge, in colocations, and your data center. Your data management and analytics architecture are future-proofed by using the cloud, which also reduces administrative expenses.
- HPE Services makes use of the knowledge of more than 15,000 people in 200 countries, 30 languages, and a variety of specialties, ranging from operational services specialists to cloud consulting experts.