How do I transition to a hybrid world taking advantage of public cloud? The HPE Complete Hedvig Software provides a software-defined storage fabric solution that enables the IT transformation for primary and secondary data - one platform that is workload agnostic to support virtualization, containers, and backup. It stores and protects the data with encryption at rest and in flight, and multisite replication across private and public clouds. The Hedvig platform lets you tailor a scale-out, elastic storage solution on HPE server products and public cloud to support emerging applications, hypervisors, or container deployments. Customers experience improved speed of delivery, automation, technology flexibility, and simplified deployment and operations while improving TCO. It is ideal for block, file, or object storage when the customer is aiming to simplify their infrastructure stack to support VMware®, microservices (Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, OpenShift) and backup above 50 TB and up.
- Hedvig is a Veeam certified backup repository solution and also part of the Veeam alliance partner program: https://www.veeam.com/kb2630
- Hedvig provides dynamic provisioner for Kubernetes, along with Docker and Mesosphere
- Hedvig is now officially certified with Veritas NetBackup through the NetBackup OST program: https://goo.gl/M5bHW8
Software-defined Virtualization and Container Storage for Hybrid IT
HPE Complete Hedvig Software provides flexibility and investment protection for customers by supporting a wide array of hybrid, virtualization, container, and orchestration environments.
HPE Complete Hedvig Software combined with VMware integration on your network file systems (NFS) provides an alternative to implementing block storage.
Supports multiple virtualization environments, including Hyper-V®, Xen®, and KVM (OpenStack®).
Allows multiple container environments, including: Docker and Red Hat® OpenShift.
Accepts multiple types of orchestration, including Kubernetes, Mesos, and Mesosphere.
Inherently Multisite: Multidata Center, Hybrid cloud and Multicloud
Built into HPE Complete Hedvig Software, are scalable and application-specific replication policies that allow you to implement enterprise-grade resilience and cloud migration strategies for applications.
Multisite awareness: everything from racks in the same data center to multiple data centers to public clouds.
Clones can have replication volumes that differ from the base volume delivering increased flexibility.
Enables migration to and from the cloud, as well as cloud arbitrage.
Software-defined Scale-out Backup Repository, Compatible with any Backup Application
Hedvig's backup solution provides an option of deploying a hyperconverged or hyperscale backup solution. This enables us to compete with Rubrik and Cohesity.
Hedvig’s scale-out backup target can work with any backup application, such as Veeam, NetBackup, and Commvault. Hedvig is already NetBackup and Veeam certified.
Hedvig’s advanced global deduplication and compression algorithms provide significant storage reduction.
Enables hybrid cloud and multicloud backup deployments.
Fully Programmable Platform for DevOps
With HPE Complete Hedvig Software, storage interactions can be programmed using REST APIs to quickly integrate into existing infrastructure and application frameworks. These include create/modify/delete volume, grant/revoke volume access to clients, and get cluster usage statistics.
A variety of integrations and plug-ins to facilitate customers’ modernization efforts are available such as: VMware, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Mesos and Mesosphere, and OpenStack.
Both GUI and CLI are also provided for customers more comfortable with these interfaces.
- Red Hat is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The OpenStack Word Mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and is used with the OpenStack Foundation’s permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other third-party marks are property of their respective owners.
- Hedvig VMware-aware Software-defined storage for VMware
- Hedvig Modern Storage for Containers - Docker Solution Brief
- Hedvig Software-defined storage for backup and recovery
- Hedvig + Veeam solution guide