Ryussi MoSMB is a fully tested, end-to-end solution that delivers SMB file access at scale on any infrastructure - on-premises, in multiple public clouds, or at the edge. By leveraging MoSMB, HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric users can support SMB file access for Windows computers with a dramatically reduced time to go live.
Ezmeral Data Fabric Version
- Additional Information
MoSMB server is Ryussi Technologies’ next generation Server Message Block (SMB) server to enable file sharing in a heterogeneous environment that includes both Windows and non-Windows computers.
MoSMB is a user mode SMB server on Linux designed to run critical enterprise workloads. It is built to be feature-rich, highly compliant and secure SMB protocol server. It has been architected to support modern demanding workloads in terms of high performance and high scalability.
With a 64-bit architecture, a single MoSMB server can scale to multiple petabytes. MoSMB is also architected such that it is relatively constraint-free and can utilize the underlying platform’s capabilities and resources to the utmost for maximum performance and scalability.
MoSMB enterprise feature list includes:
- POSIX file system support - MoSMB can support any POSIX file system out-of-box. The validated file systems include Ezmeral Data Fabric, and others like Ceph, Lustre, Gluster, ZFS, XFS, Ext4, etc.
- Heterogeneous Client Environment - Support for Windows, macOS and Linux clients.
- Multiple Linux OS flavors - MoSMB can be installed on a varied Linux OS including RHEL 7., 8., CentOS 7., 8., Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 20.04, Debian 10, 11 and SLES 12.3.
- Single Global Namespace - MoSMB supports a single global namespace across multiple domains and sites allowing a unified view and access of data.
- Active-Active Scale-out Cluster Architecture resulting in increased band-width, zero down-time, load-balancing of SMB connections, planned & unplanned migrations.
- High Performance and Low Latency IO using performance features like SMB Multi-Channel and SMB Direct (RDMA) for high throughput and IOPs and low latency.
- Distributed Locking across cluster nodes to prevent data inconsistency due to concurrent access of the same data.
- Enterprise Grade Authentication using Active Directory and Kerberos. Also supports NTLMv2-based authentication when authenticating local users.
- SMB v3 Encryption and Signing for ensuring security of file access over the network.
- Authorization - Choice of Windows ACLs and basic POSIX ACLs for authorization. Also supports User-ID mapping to map SMB identities to UNIX identities for authorization.
- Scale-up Architecture - Performance scaling by scaling up server CPU and/or RAM.
- Offload Data Transfer (ODX) feature to speed up 'copy and move' operations.
- SMB Change Notification to allow SMB clients to keep up with file and directory changes without having to constantly refresh their view.
- Automation - Supports provisioning/ deployment using modern tools like Ansible.
- Containerization - Supports containerized cluster deployments using Kubernetes/ Docker.
Figure 1 - MoSMB for Ezmeral High Level Architecture
Figure 2 - MoSMB for Ezmeral System Architecture
Evaluate MoSMB with a free trial.
Explore the industry’s first enterprise-grade container platform for cloud-native and distributed non-cloud native applications, HPE Ezmeral Runtime Enterprise.
Interested in learning more about the HPE Ezmeral Runtime Enterprise and MoSMB? Please contact us to learn more.
Explore other featured applications