Apollo 6000 Systems
Get the most out of your infrastructure—and your budget
Move up to high performance computing (HPC) with the scalable, flexible HPE Apollo 6000 System. It gives you a performance-optimized, air-cooled solution that’s within your space limitations and financial requirements. This rack-level solution provides simplified administration efficiencies and flexibility to match the solutions to the workload, to lower your total cost of ownership.
The world’s most secure industry standard server1
Experience fast, secure, and resilient compute, using rack level efficiencies and high density. HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 Server delivers comprehensive server security with Silicon Root of Trust, run-time security validations, data security in the server, regulatory compliance, and more.
Extreme compute performance
Leverage the 205W 28c 2.5GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable family, and optimized design for exceptional application performance with 100Gbps node to node connectivity. Future proof with persistent storage on memory bus and high speed fabric technologies, and lower latency and higher IOPs with NVMe storage.
Rack scale efficiency
Quickly deploy, service, and manage with cold isle front accessible nodes. Leverage improved reliability with integrated Ethernet, Omni Path Architecture, and EDR InfiniBand switches. Enhance your security with TPM, secure firmware updates, iLO5, and secure encryption.
Optimized for TCO
Reduce IT deployment time and support costs through innovative HPC design for fabric radix alignment. Rapidly install and deploy using consolidated iLO port. Minimize power consumption and reduce cooling costs using advanced thermal technology.
- HPE XL230k Gen10. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-xl230k-gen10-server.1010027178.html
- HPE Apollo k6000 Chassis. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-apollo-k6000-chassis.1010027169.html
- HPE XL260a Gen9. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-xl260a-gen9-server.1009308113.html
- HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-xl250a-gen9-server.7307070.html
- HPE ProLiant XL230a Gen9. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-xl230a-gen9-server.7307066.html
- HPE Apollo 6000 Chassis. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.7152918.html
- HPE Apollo 6500 System. Opens New Window: /us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.1008862555.html
HPE Apollo in action
BASF a global chemical research supercomputer
BASF developed one of the world’s largest supercomputers for industrial chemical research. The new supercomputer drives the digitalization of BASF's worldwide research.
Helping researchers achieve breakthroughs
The University of Minnesota, the first American university to acquire a supercomputer decades ago, uses HPE Apollo Servers to accommodate a broad range of fields and drive the future of research.
Earning high marks for performance
Moor Insights & Strategy praises the efficiency, density, and throughput of the HPE Apollo 6000 for HPC, along with its ability to meet different workload requirements.
Technology that sets HPE Apollo apart
We offer complete solutions, starting with Intel processors and purpose-built platforms, then layering innovative software, management tools, and fabric.
A new HPE infrastructure compute experience
On your journey to Hybrid IT, experiences matter. The new HPE Compute Experience delivers the experience of cloud computing with the security and control of your data center.
HPC-specific software solutions
HPE works with leading industry partners to provide software that maximizes application performance, optimizes resources, and improves operational productivity. HPE Core HPC Software Stack is a complete software set for creating, optimizing, and running HPC applications. HPE Insight Cluster Management Utility (CMU) is an integrated, easy-to-use point solution for provisioning, management, and monitoring clusters of any scale.
A complete portfolio of management components
HPE rack- and system-level management solutions help you get the most out of your infrastructure—and your budget—and improve efficiency without affecting performance. They provide extensive monitoring, cluster administration, lifecycle management, power control and measurement, pooled power, and system management.
High performance fabric interconnects
All HPE Apollo Systems support the latest high-bandwidth, low-latency interconnect technologies. They include InfiniBand, which provides the performance and scalability required by HPC clusters and data center applications. HPE Apollo also supports Intel® Omni-Path Fabric, which delivers HPC workloads and scales to tens of thousands of servers.
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Family
Processors / cores / speed
- Up to 2 processors per server node
- 14/16/18/20/22/28 Cores
- 2.5 GHz
- 1.5 TB
- 16 DIMM slots
- 4 SFF HDD/SSD
- 4 NVMe SSD option and 2 internal M.2 optional kit
- 2x10 GbE embedded + choice of standup
- 2x EDR or OPA mezzanines
PCIe slot options
- x8 internal, x16 external or,
- x8/x8 internal/external PCIe 3.0 slot
- Supports –F Omni-Path directly off CPU
- HPE iLO 5, UEFI boot mode
Tap into our extended ecosystem of partners, integrators, and ISVs ready to deliver the right HPE Apollo system for your unique needs.
HPE ProLiant XL230k server quick specs
HPE Apollo k6000 Chassis quick specs
BASF selects HPE to build supercomputer for global chemical research
HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 system data sheet
1. Based on external firm conducting cyber security penetration testing of a range of server products from a range of manufactures, May 2017.