HPE Apollo Systems
Breakthrough performance with economies of power and cooling in less space.
The HPE Apollo high-density server family is built for the highest levels of performance and efficiency. They are rack-scale compute, storage, and networking solutions designed for massive scale-out. With a tiered approach for organizations of all sizes, they are suitable for your big data analytics, object storage, and high-performance computing (HPC) workloads. HPE Apollo features water-cooling that’s far more efficient than air as well as “right-sized scaling” with 2X the compute density for workgroup and private cloud workloads.
New Possibilities for the Data-Driven Organization
Add purpose-built Compute to your infrastructure and accelerate time to value by reducing implementation time from months to days. Apply just the right amount of scalability, performance and efficiency with a selection of hyperscale server systems optimized for specific workloads types and sizes.
Optimize scale, performance and cost-efficiency for each type of data and manage volume, velocity and variety accordingly. Use HPE Apollo to provide just the capacity and performance you need with scale-up and scale-out, workload-optimized solutions.
Enjoy significant capital and operating expense savings with high-density economic building blocks for efficient implementations at scale. Achieve up to 30 servers and 3.6 petabytes of capacity in a 42U1 rack in the HPE Apollo 4500.
Extreme Performance in High Density
Apollo 6000 Gen10 System offers HPC with extreme performance in high density. We’ve taken the lead on a new approach—thinking beyond the server and designing a rack-level solution that gives the right compute at the right economics.
The HPE SGI 8600 System is a liquid cooled, tray-based, scalable, high-density clustered computer system designed from the ground up to run complex high performance computing (HPC) workloads at petaflop speeds, scale seamlessly to thousands of nodes, and deliver leading energy efficiency.
What's New in the Portfolio
HPE Apollo 6500: High Density GPU Compute
Solve problems faster with up to 15 Tflops of single-precision performance per 2U node. The new HPE Apollo 6500 increases ROI by accelerating the performance of your workloads with up to eight GPUs or coprocessors and high-powered analysis.
HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10: Performance-Optimized
A performance-optimized, air-cooled system that offers outstanding configuration flexibility, redundant power, simplified administration, and rack-scale efficiency to lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) needed for mass scale HPC deployments.
HPE Apollo Next Generation Sequencing Solution
HPE understands the HPC needs of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies that are rapidly transforming the industry. We have developed a solution to execute genome analytics faster, more flexibly and cost-effectively.
HPE SGI 8600: Dense, Clustered Supercomputing
A scalable, high-density clustered supercomputer system with liquid cooling for substantial power efficiency and energy savings.5 Industry-standard processors, interconnect, and software provide maximum flexibility and performance.
Complete HPE Apollo Portfolio
See all components across the entire HPE Apollo line of high density servers to explore and compare details.
Fast, secure, and resilient compute, storage and fabric technologies built with rack level efficiencies.
- Leading performance using newer technologies
- Rack scale efficiency, designed for scale-out
- Optimized for TCO with simplified IT experience
Bridging to scale-out architecture for traditional data centers. Highly dense, packing a lot of performance and workload capacity into small spaces.
- Four independent hot-pluggable HPE Apollo 2000 servers in a single 2U
- 2x the performance density of standard 1U servers, at a comparable cost
Build Out Your High-performance Infrastructure
Tap into our extended ecosystem of partners, integrators and ISV’s ready to deliver the right HPE Apollo system for your unique needs.
Learn how HPE can harness the power of your data to generate intelligent insights and innovative services to drive better business results.
Administrators, engineers and executives are now tasked with solving some of the world’s most complex challenges revolving around advanced computations for science, business, education, pharmaceuticals and beyond.
Institution aims to create the world’s most efficient data center with the HPE Apollo 8000 System.
- Based on 10 HPE Apollo 4530 Systems with 8 TB HDDs
- Top500.org’s Green500, June 2017.
- Based on typical operating conditions: Data center water at least 5°C cooler than data center air ambient temperatures; the HPE SGI 8600 is data center “room neutral” and exudes no heat into the data center and does not add any load to data center air cooling equipment.
- Claim: Scaling to >10,000 nodes without additional switches4 using integrated switches and hypercube technology. Substantiation: 4 HPE Internal testing on SGI ICE XA hierarchical cluster auto-provisioning up to 10K+ nodes, June, 2015. Calculation: go to https://www.nas.nasa.gov/hecc/resources/pleiades.html and add up nodes stated by NASA on their public page under “Pleaides Node Detail” Pleiades is the name of the ICE system installed there. Stated is 2016+2088+5400+1936 which equals 11440 nodes. NASA Pleiades, May 2017.
- Substantial savings in cooling costs with Closed-Loop Airflow, which ensures no air within the cell is mixed with data center air Substantiation: HPE Internal Engineering study “Liquid Cooling Value Proposition”, WWAS February 2017