Combine the right mix of traditional IT, private cloud, and public cloud to achieve optimal workload placement.
Does your data storage capacity outstrip your backup, disaster recovery and archive capability? The HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Library delivers up to 1.52 Exabytes (EB) of proven storage density packaged in a small footprint and offers scalability and speed to meet the requirements of the most demanding environments. Additional flexibility is provided through support of mixed media, both LTO Tape Technology and TS11xx Enterprise Tape Technology, in the same library. Customers can also access and migrate data from legacy Oracle T10000 media to both technologies. Using TS11xx Technology, the library can expand from 45 to 40,680 slots for 1.52 Exabytes (EB) of compressed data. Using LTO Technology, it can expand from 50 to 53,460 slots for 801 Petabytes (PB) of compressed data. The tape library can support up to 144 drives with transfer rates of 186.6 TB/hr (362.9 TB/hr compressed) using TS1155 technology or rates of 155.5 TB/hr (388.8 TB/hr compressed) using LTO-7 tape technology.
- Mixed media support for LTO and TS11xx tape technology in a single library. Access and restore data from legacy Oracle T10000 media and optionally migrate data to LTO and/or IBM TS11xx technologies.
- TS1155 drive support, large capacity tape drives, with compressed capacity of 37.5 TB (15 TB native) and transfer rate of 360 MB/s (1.3 TB/hr) using existing TS1150 JD Media.
- Empty TeraPacks provide a means to import tape media, already written with data, into a new library for continued use or migration. TeraPacks can also provide additional storage outside the library.
- Thin provisioning optimizes available storage. Administrators can change the partition size, without reconfiguring the entire library, enabling simplified administration, reducing downtime and cost.
- Spectra SKLM Encryption Key Management, for enterprise customers requiring high levels of encryption security. This centralized, redundant key management solution meets demanding security needs.
- BlueScale Professional Encryption offers integrated encryption key management via the library’s user interface. It has the capability to manage up to 30 individual encryption keys on the tape library.
The HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Library is built with high-performance, automated tape technology. From robotics, to drives, to software, to media, all performance innovations are included in these libraries.
The transporter has been designed with goals of performance and reliability. These are accomplished by reduced cycle time or tape mount time (better performance) and increased mean time between failures (better reliability).
With TS1155 Technology, at maximum drive configuration, transfer data up to 186.6 TB/hr (362.9 TB/hr compressed).
When data center real-estate counts, the HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Library offers you incredible storage density and one of the smallest footprints through a unique and highly efficient library design built to fit into a standard rack-row layout for additional storage capacity in less floor space.
Using innovative “shelves” instead of slots and TeraPack containers in place of individual cartridges, the HPE TFinity ExaScale's Tape Library density uses less floor space.
Only buy what you need today and add storage capacity as you need it. Upgrade capacity in intervals of 10 LTO or 9 Enterprise tape slots at a time. Tape consolidation through capacity, performance, partitioning and reporting results in a lower total cost of ownership.
With TS1155 Technology, you can store up to 186.6 TB/hr (362.9 TB/hr compressed) of data at the maximum slot configurations. With TS11xx Technology, capacity can range from 45 to 40,680 slots and 1 to 144 drives.
HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Libraries can support both LTO and TS11xx tape technologies in the same library. Users can actively write and restore data from both technologies while having the ability to access and migrate data from legacy Oracle T10000 media.
Empty TeraPacks provide a means to import tape media, already written with data, into a new library for continued use or migration. TeraPacks provide additional storage outside of the library.
Thin provisioning optimizes the available storage in the partitions of a tape library. Administrators can change the size of a partition in the library without reconfiguring the entire library. It provides virtual storage capacity for simplified administration, reduced downtime and costs.
Custom decorative skins enable customers to brand their data centers and the HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Library. Customers can graphically customize the panels in nearly any way they would like.
The HPE TFinity ExaScale Tape Library includes a redundant dual robotic infrastructure that not only provides for a failover solution, but also twice the working ability. All of the parts and pieces have been carefully crafted and integrated for increased reliability.
Offers a sophisticated suite of standard features allowing you to actively check data already written to tape. Data Integrity Verification examines media health before and after data writes, when enabled. Integrated BlueScale Encryption provides automatic data protection.
PreScan checks each imported tape and verifies that the tape can be safely written to. QuickScan scans a tape uni-directionally to provide a rapid indicator of integrity of data written. FullScan confirms that there are no media errors on the tape by reading the entire tape.
A high level of encryption security, with compression, for strong backup data privacy to deliver confidential information and address compliance quickly. Supports WORM media (using LTO-7 or LTO-6) Providing a fail-safe method for permanently storing data records.