Combine the right mix of traditional IT, private cloud, and public cloud to achieve optimal workload placement.
HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software transforms your server’s internal or direct-attached storage into a fully-featured shared storage array without the cost and complexity associated with dedicated storage. HPE StoreVirtual VSA is a virtual storage appliance optimized for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Linux KVM environments. Simple to deploy and configure, StoreVirtual VSA creates a virtual array within your application server and scales as storage needs evolve, delivering a comprehensive enterprise-class feature set that can be managed by an IT generalist. The ability to use internal storage within your environment greatly increases storage utilization. The unique scale-out architecture offers the ability to add storage capacity on-the-fly without compromising performance. Its built-in high availability and disaster recovery features ensure business continuity for the entire virtual environment.
- Integrated with HPE Recovery Manager Central for seamless data movement to StoreOnce Backup appliances & StoreOnce VSA, and bi-directional replication with 3PAR StoreServ arrays (Peer Copy).
- HPE StoreVirtual VSA Ready Nodes – HPE tested reference configurations on HPE ProLiant servers that address typical virtualization and remote office use cases, and deployment of converged solutions.
- Support for VMware vSphere v6.5 and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016.
- Perpetual license support for 10 TB and 50 TB licenses now available.
- Expanded open-source virtualization platforms now supports KVM versions: CentOS, RHEL, and Ubuntu.
- Stateful containers with persistent storage can be deployed with Docker through either a native Docker plug-in or through Cinder drivers in an OpenStack environment for flexibility and agility.
Simple and Flexible to Manage
Enjoy all the benefits of traditional SAN storage without a dedicated storage device. HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software allows you to build enterprise level, highly available, shared storage functionality into your server infrastructure to deliver lower cost of ownership and superior ease of management.
Add more internal storage capacity to the cluster by simply adding servers with StoreVirtual VSA installed. No external storage device required: Create shared storage out of internal or external disk capacity (DAS, SAN); (FC or iSCSI).
All StoreVirtual VSA nodes in your environment, onsite or across multiple sites, can be managed from the Centralized Management Console (CMC). The CMC features a simple, built-in best practice analyzer and easy-to-use update process.
Flexibly choose what works best in your environment with no vendor lock-in. StoreVirtual is tightly integrated with VMware, Microsoft and Linux to keep your storage infrastructure easy to manage.
Keep Costs Down and Data Protected as You Grow
Snapshots provide instant, point-in-time volume copies that are readable, writeable, and mountable for use by applications and backup software. Avoid data loss of any single component in a storage node with StoreVirtual's multi-fault protection.
Remote Copy enables centralized backup and disaster recovery on a per-volume basis and leverages application integrated snapshots for faster recovery.
HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) software integrates StoreVirtual VSA with HPE StoreOnce Systems to provide a converged availability and backup service that augments traditional backup approaches.
Business Continuity with Proven High Availability
Achieve five-9’s (99.999%) availability with StoreVirtual's clustering and built-in Network RAID that stripes and protects multiple copies of data across a cluster of nodes, eliminating any single point of failure.
Network RAID stripes and protects multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the StoreVirtual array. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a disk, controller, storage node, power, network, or site failure.
Create availability zones within your environment across racks, rooms, buildings, and cities and provide seamless application high availability with transparent failover and failback across zones—automatically.
Increase Scalability and Storage Efficiency
Use StoreVirtual VSA with solid-state drives (SSDs) to provide a high-performance storage solution in your environment. Create an all-flash tier for maximum performance or use a lower cost alternative with StoreVirtual Adaptive Optimization to create automated tiers with an optimized amount of SSDs.
Maximize storage utilization by deploying high-performance arrays at the main site and cost-effective appliances at remote sites. Use management plug-ins for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center to centrally administer both VMs and storage.
Lower storage costs and achieve high availability with as few as two nodes that easily scale from within data centers and remote/branch offices. Use the simple and quick wizard driven installation or scriptable installs for automated repeatable deployments.
Scale-out storage architecture allows the consolidation of internal and external disks into a pool of shared storage. All available capacity and performance is aggregated and accessible to every volume in the cluster. As storage needs grow, the cluster scales out linearly while remaining online.
- Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- OpenStack® is a trademark and/or registered trademark of the OpenStack® Foundation in the United States and other countries.