Combine the right mix of traditional IT, private cloud, and public cloud to achieve optimal workload placement.
Looking for a highly scalable, workhorse server to address your database, storage, and graphics intensive applications? The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Server is a secure, highly expandable, 4P server with high-performance, scalability and availability in a 4U chassis. Supporting the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to a 28%1 performance gain, the HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 server delivers greater processing power than previous generations, up to 6 TB of 2666 MT/s memory with up to 66% greater memory bandwidth2, up to sixteen PCIe 3.0 slots, plus the simplicity of automated management with HPE OneView and HPE iLO 5. The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Server is the ideal server for business-critical workloads and general 4P data-intensive applications where the right performance is paramount.
- Intel Xeon Scalable processors supporting up to four processors with a maximum core count from 4 to 112.
- Delivers up to 4.8x more disk drives and up to 4x more NVMe drives compared to the HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 server.
- Up to 6 TB of 2666 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory modules for increased performance for data-intensive application workloads.
- Massive expandability with up to 16 PCIe slots compared to nine in previous generations plus an additional HPE FlexibleLOM.
- Support up to four full length/full height graphic processing units (GPUs).
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise innovation with Intelligent System Tuning.
Scalable Performance In An Expandable 4U Form Factor
The completely redesigned HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Server provides 4P computing in an expandable 4U form factor and supports up to four Intel Xeon Platinum and Gold processors which provide up to 28%1 more processor performance and 17%3 more cores than the previous generation.
Up to 48 DIMM slots which support up to 6 TB for 2666 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory. HPE DDR4 SmartMemory improves workload performance and power efficiency while reducing data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling.
Choice of HPE FlexibleLOM Adapters offers a range of networking speeds (1GbE to 25GbE) and fabrics so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise innovation with Intelligent System Tuning enhances workload performance using customized profiles to tune internal resources and improves throughput for all workloads including latency-sensitive workloads such as high frequency trading with jitter smoothing.
Remarkable Expandability and Availability For Multiple Workloads
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 server has a flexible processor tray allowing it to scale up from one to four processors as needed, saving on upfront costs and the flexible drive cage design supporting up to 48 Small Form Factor (SFF) SAS/SATA drives and a maximum of 20 NVMe drives.
Supports up to 16 PCIe 3.0 expansion slots including up to four full length/full height graphics processing units (GPUs), as well as networking cards or storage controllers offering increased expandability.
Up to four, 96% efficient HPE 800W or 1600W Flex Slot Power Supplies which enable higher power redundancy with 2+2 configurations and flexible voltage ranges.
Secure and Reliable
HPE offers industry standard servers with HPE designed custom BMC (HPE iLO5) silicon chip that is physically altered to anchor most server essential firmware including HPE iLO, UEFI, IE, ME, and SPLD. This anchor into the HPE silicon chip creates a true Silicon Root of Trust that protects.
Millions of lines of firmware code run before server operating system boots and with Runtime Firmware Validation, enabled by HPE iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition, the server firmware is checked every 24 hours verifying validity and credibility of essential system firmware.
Secure Recovery allows server firmware to roll back to the last known good state or factory settings after detection of compromised code.
Additional security options are available with, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), to prevent unauthorized access to the server and securely stores artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms while the Intrusion Detection Kit logs and alerts when the server hood is removed.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Server combined with the HPE OneView software provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
A suite of embedded and downloadable tools is available for server lifecycle management including Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Intelligent Provisioning; HPE iLO 5 to monitor and manage; HPE iLO Amplifier Pack, Smart Update Manager (SUM), and Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).
HPE Pointnext Services simplifies all stages of the IT journey. Advisory and Transformation Services professionals understand customer challenges and design an better solution. Professional Services enables rapid deployment of solutions and Operational Services provides ongoing support.
HPE IT investment solutions help you transform to a digital business with IT economics that align to your business goals.
- 1. Intel measurements. Up to 28% performance increase of Intel Xeon Platinum versus previous generation E7-8800 v4 average performance based on generational gains on HPE servers comparing 4-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 to E7-8890 v4 family processors. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. May 2017.
- 2. Percentage compares Gen10 vs Gen9: Gen10 = 12 Channels x 2666 data rate x 8 bytes = 256 GB/sec. Gen9 = 8 channels x 2400 x 8 bytes = 154 GB/sec. 256/154 = 1.66 or Gen10 is 66% greater bandwidth, July 2017.
- 3. Up to 17% performance increase of Intel Xeon Platinum versus previous generation comparing 4-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 (28 cores) to E7-8890 v4 (24 cores). Calculation 28 cores/24 cores= 1.167 = 17%. August 2017.
- 4. 1600W Power supplies only support high line voltage (200V AC to 240V AC)
- Intel Xeon and Intel are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
HPE Server Tools
- HPE Server Infrastructure Security Solutions
- HPE Intelligent System Tuning
- HPE Power Advisor
- HPE iLO Licensing Advisor
- HPE Reference Architectures
Additional server resources
- HPE ProLiant case studies
- Enterprise Information Library
- HPE SimpliVity
- HPE Server Management
HPE Server support & downloads
- Support for Retired Products
- Service Pack for HPE ProLiant software downloads
- Software support matrices
Additional Server Products