Combine the right mix of traditional IT, private cloud, and public cloud to achieve optimal workload placement.
Fuel ground breaking research in science and engineering with leading-edge technology, while going greener than ever before. The HP ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server in the HP Apollo 8000 System reaches new heights of performance density, with 4x the teraflops per square foot and up to 40% more FLOPs per watt than comparable air cooled servers. At the same time, the HP Apollo 8000 System helps reduce your carbon footprint, saving up to 3,800 tons of CO2 per year. That’s about the same amount of CO2 produced per year by 790 cars!
Performance for Advanced Scientific Computing Workloads
The HP ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server has 2 x 2P nodes per tray with up to 144 servers per rack for more performance per rack.
Each node delivers performance density with the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 V3 series processors, providing the compute power needed to handle a variety of demanding workloads. Supports up to 256 GB HP DDR4 SmartMemory per node, with an optional SSD.
One high performance FDR InfiniBand port per server and 1 Gb NIC per server enhance connectivity and data availability.
Efficient Liquid Cooling Without the Risk
The HP ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server has dry disconnect server trays provide liquid cooling via sealed heat pipes, with heat exchange via thermal bus bars in the rack.
Smart sensors automatically track activities, dynamically adjusting system components to enhance system performance and energy efficiency, while reducing operating expenses.
By coupling smart sensor data with iLO4, advanced power management, and or an HPC center scheduler, you can create new optimization algorithms to get the most out of your HP Apollo 8000 System.
Energy and Space Efficiency
The HP ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server is 1U half-width and has 4x more performance per square foot than competing air cooled systems so you can pack more capabilities into less space.
The system gets 40% more FLOPs per watt than air cooled systems for energy savings.
With the HP Apollo 8000 System, reduce your carbon footprint, saving up to 3,800 tons of CO2 per year. That’s about the same amount of CO2 produced per year by 790 cars!
Increase System Uptime with Built-in Gen9 Technologies
The HP ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server supports HP DDR4 SmartMemory 2133 MT/s, boosting performance while preventing data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling while also improving workload performance and power efficiency.
Each ProLiant XL730f Gen9 Server tray supports up to 1200W of HVDC to 12V conversion enabling higher performance components.
HP Apollo 8000 System Manager provides real time data from hundreds of smart sensors and environmental controls; server data available with iLO, advanced power management; system monitoring, management and optimization.
- 1. Based on rack and power density, assuming the same processors. Data center square footage for standard rack = 12.5’ x the width of the rack. Apollo f8000 Rack width is the same as an air cooled rack width = 2’. The HP Apollo f8000 Rack fits 144 servers per rack. Standard air cooled racks fit 36 x 1U servers with 15-18kW power restrictions. 144/36 = 4 for 4x the performance density.
- 2. Based on a comparison of a 3MW of IT capacity, estimated data center energy savings in kilowatts per hour. Kilowatt per hour savings measured by deploying the HP Apollo 8000 System (65kW/rack) vs. air-cooled system (limited to 15kW/rack). World Energy Outlook 2013 calculation to convert kW-hr savings to annual CO2 emission savings.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Mellanox® is a registered trademark of Mellanox Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Server Support and Downloads