Do you need business continuity for your critical Linux® applications? HPE Serviceguard for Linux, a high availability and disaster recovery clustering solution, that increases uptime for your critical applications by protecting from a multitude of infrastructure and application faults across physical or virtual environments over any distance. It reduces impact of unplanned downtime with no compromise on data integrity and performance. Furthermore, it helps achieve near zero planned downtime for maintenance.
- 48-node scalability (24 node per site) for SAP® HANA® scale-out deployments; also, SafeSync verifies that your HANA secondary instance is synchronized and ready to take over in case of failure.
- Non-disruptively validate your disaster recovery (DR) readiness by rehearsing recovery of workloads on a secondary site and verifying cluster configuration consistency.
- Protect Oracle® databases with improved performance using Application Tuner Express. Oracle 12c R2 support, new workload management view and administration with IT automation tools using REST API’s.
Fast Failover and Protection in the Data Center
HPE Serviceguard for Linux monitors the availability of critical resources, applications and provides fast failover in the event of a failure, in as little as 4 seconds without comprising on data integrity.1
Combined with HPE Serviceguard Extension for SAP, it reduces the need for manual intervention and the downtime in case of unplanned and planned failures for the critical HANA databases.
4x faster deployment – reduces setup time from days to hours with 93% reduction in setup time2. HPE Serviceguard for Linux offers out-of-box integration for several applications that enables easy deployment with no added customizations.
Achieves higher uptime in virtual environments with application failovers rather than virtual machine restarts. HPE Serviceguard for Linux supports VMware® and KVM hypervisors.
Monitors the availability of applications, services, databases, and platforms over distances, while protecting against outages and reducing downtime during planned maintenance windows.
Stay Available Enduring Site Outages
HPE Serviceguard for Linux disaster recovery (DR) solution keeps your application online even after the loss of a data center over any distance providing a choice of fully automatic failover to push button recovery.
Fully automatic recovery for complex scale-out workloads like HANA using site aware disaster tolerant architecture (SADTA) that provide robustness, resiliency and availability for your applications and services.
Offers a suite of disaster recovery (DR) solutions for different choice points based on distance, data replication and RPO/RTO to fulfill a wide array of conditions.
Reduces capital expenditure with flexible deployment models that allow minimal investment and consolidation of standby resources.
Near Zero Downtime During Maintenance
HPE Serviceguard for Linux offers a Live Application Detach (LAD) feature that allows you to do maintenance of the HPE Serviceguard cluster infrastructure (including the heartbeat network) with almost zero downtime.
Rolling upgrade enables upgrade of infrastructure components, operating system and applications with minimal downtime.
No Compromise Data Integrity and Easy Administration
HPE Serviceguard for Linux delivers proven algorithms and superior arbitration mechanisms providing high levels of availability, data integrity and reliability.
Offers efficient fault detection capabilities that automatically failover critical applications to safer nodes and resumes normal operations without compromising data integrity.
Allows users to visually configure, monitor, manage and administer a cluster and its components (such as nodes, packages). Intuitive color-coded icons quickly identify problems with the cluster so user can quickly react and resolve issues.
Failover recovery observed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal lab testing. System was based on an HPE ProLiant Gen9 Server (two Intel® Xeon® processors, four computing cores each) with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 6.5 running HPE Serviceguard 12.00.00 Configuration dependent, excluding cluster reformation time.
Based on Hewlett Packard Enterprise Lab analysis that shows typical manual effort for integrating Oracle database into a cluster to require 30 engineering days. With Oracle toolkit from Hewlett Package Enterprise, this integration is achieved in two engineering days or less.
Based on Hewlett Packard Enterprise Lab analysis while performing maintenance activities of the cluster including maintenance of heartbeat network, it used to be a common case where the application had to be brought down. However, with LAD feature it is noticed that the application downtime has been reduced to none even if heartbeat network is maintained and cluster is brought down.
Reference the Serviceguard for Linux support matrix for details.
- Motech achieves high-speed in-memory computing and high availability
- RI Solution modernizes its SAP environment with Superdome X and achieves high uptime with Serviceguard
- Ordina boosts business with streamlined SAP services
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Data Sheet
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Certification and Support Matrix
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Brochure
- All HPE SGLX Whitepapers
- Business Continuity for HPE ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA using Serviceguard
- HPE Reference Architecture for Oracle 12c high availability with HPE Integrity Superdome X, 3PAR StoreServ 8450 All Flash and Serviceguard for Linux