Enable unprecedented levels of automation and agility with cloud computing solutions.
Do you need business continuity for your critical Linux® applications? HPE Serviceguard for Linux, a high availability and disaster recovery clustering solution, increases uptime for your critical applications by protecting them from a multitude of infrastructure and application faults across physical or virtual environments over any distance. It reduces the impact of unplanned downtime with no compromise on data integrity and performance. Furthermore, it helps achieve near zero planned downtime for maintenance.
- Support for HPE ConvergedSystem 500 for SAP® HANA® based on Intel® Xeon® Scalabale Processor for scale-up appliance, TDI and base configuration.
- 64-node scalability (32-node per site) for SAP HANA scale-out deployments. Support of VMware® for HANA scale-out deployments on VMware for HANA supported storage and server blocks.
- New toolkit to protect your critical SQL Server 2017 on Linux Always On Availability and Always On Failover instance from unplanned and planned downtime from infrastructure and applications faults.
- New toolkit to support IBM Db2 single instance database and associated database components.
- Support for software-based mirroring for Oracle database with ASM mirroring to recover it across datacenters.
- Increased uptime for workloads as Cluster nodes detect root disk failures and initiate failover.
Fast Failover and Protection in the Data Center
HPE Serviceguard for Linux monitors the availability of critical resources and applications, and provides fast failover in the event of a failure, in as little as 4 seconds without comprising on data integrity.1
Combined with HPE Serviceguard Extension for SAP, it reduces the need for manual intervention and downtime in case of unplanned and planned failures for critical HANA® databases.
4x faster deployment, reduces setup time from days to hours with 93% reduction in setup time2. HPE Serviceguard for Linux offers out-of-box integration for several applications that enables easy deployment with no added customizations.
Achieves higher uptime in virtual environments with application failovers rather than virtual machine restarts. HPE Serviceguard for Linux supports VMware® and KVM hypervisors.
Monitors the availability of applications, services, databases, and platforms over distances, while protecting against outages and reducing downtime during planned maintenance windows.
Stay Available During Site Outages
HPE Serviceguard for Linux disaster recovery (DR) solution keeps your application online even after the loss of a data center over any distance (providing) with a choice (range) of responses from fully automatic failover to push button recovery.
Fully automatic recovery for complex, scale-out workloads like HANA using site aware disaster tolerant architecture (SADTA) that provides robustness, resiliency and availability for your applications and services.
Offers a suite of disaster recovery solutions for different choice points based on distance, data replication and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) RPO/RTO to fulfill a wide array of conditions.
Reduces capital expenditure with flexible deployment models that allows for minimal reduced investment and enables consolidation of standby resources.
Near Zero Downtime Maintenance
HPE Serviceguard for Linux offers a Live Application Detach (LAD) feature that allows you to do maintenance of the HPE Serviceguard cluster infrastructure (including the heartbeat network) with almost zero downtime.
Rolling upgrades enable upgrade of infrastructure components, operating system, and applications with reduced downtime.
No Compromise Data Integrity and Easy Administration
HPE Serviceguard for Linux delivers proven algorithms and superior arbitration mechanisms providing high levels of availability, data integrity and reliability.
Offers efficient fault detection capabilities that automatically failover critical applications to safer nodes and that resume normal operations without compromising data integrity.
Allows users you to visually configure, monitor, manage, and administer a cluster and its components (such as nodes or packages). Intuitive color-coded icons quickly identify problems with the cluster so user you can quickly react and resolve issues.
- 1. Failover recovery observed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal lab testing. System was based on an HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 Server with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.3 running HPE Serviceguard 12.10.00 Configuration dependent, excluding cluster reformation time.
- 2. Based on Hewlett Packard Enterprise Lab analysis that shows typical manual effort for integrating Oracle database into a cluster to require 30 engineering days. With Oracle toolkit from Hewlett Package Enterprise, this integration is achieved in two engineering days or less.
- 3. Based on Hewlett Packard Enterprise Lab analysis while performing maintenance activities of the cluster including maintenance of heartbeat network, it used to be a common case where the application had to be brought down. However, with LAD feature it is noticed that the application downtime has been reduced to none even if heartbeat network is maintained and cluster is brought down.
- 4. Reference the HPE Serviceguard for Linux support matrix for details, http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04922233&docLocale=en_US .
- Oracle® is a trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries SAP® is a registered trademark of SAP AG. SAP HANA® is a registered trademark of SAP AG. VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Motech achieves high-speed in-memory computing and high availability
- RI Solution modernizes its SAP environment with Superdome X and achieves high uptime with Serviceguard
- Ordina boosts business with streamlined SAP services
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Data Sheet
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Certification and Support Matrix
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Brochure
- All HPE SGLX Whitepapers
- Business Continuity for HPE ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA using Serviceguard
- HPE Reference Architecture for Oracle 12c high availability with HPE Integrity Superdome X, 3PAR StoreServ 8450 All Flash and Serviceguard for Linux