Maggie Wilderotter Joins Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Board of Directors
February 11, 2016 • Press Release
Wilderotter Brings Extensive Technology Leadership Experience to Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Current Board of Directors
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 11, 2016) - Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced that Maggie Wilderotter, Executive Chairman of Frontier Communications, has been appointed as a member of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Board of Directors, effective February 10.
"Maggie's expertise enhances the diverse, global-minded competency of the current Board of Directors, specifically suited to the needs of the focused HPE," said Pat Russo, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. "Her discerning leadership will further support the Company in pursuing market opportunities and generating long-term shareholder value."
Prior to being appointed Executive Chairman of Frontier Communications in 2015, Maggie was Chairman and CEO beginning in 2006, after joining the company in 2004. Before Frontier, she was Senior Vice President of Worldwide Public Sector at Microsoft. In addition to Frontier Communications, she currently serves on the boards of DreamWorks Animation, Juno Therapeutics, Inc., and Costco Wholesale Corporation.
Wilderotter holds a bachelor's degree in economics from the College of the Holy Cross. She was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Engineering degree, honoris causa, from the Stevens Institute of Technology.
"Maggie's unique experience at leading technology companies adds invaluable perspective to HPE as the Company continues to deliver customers best-in-class enterprise solutions," said Meg Whitman, president and chief executive officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. "She will be a strong addition to the diverse leadership and collective business acumen of the current Board as we serve our customers, partners and shareholders."
In today's dynamic market environment where technology is transforming businesses and entire industries at an unprecedented pace, Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides the cutting-edge technology solutions customers need to optimize their traditional IT while helping them build the secure, cloud enabled, mobile-ready future that is uniquely suited to their needs. HPE's current Board of Directors is chaired by Pat Russo and also includes:
- Dan Ammann, President, GeneralMotors
- Marc Andreessen, Co-founder, AHCapital Management, LLC
- Michael J. Angelakis, Chairman andChief Executive Officer of Atairos Management; Senior Advisor to theExecutive Management Committee, Comcast Corporation; former Vice Chairmanand Chief Financial Officer, Comcast Corporation
- Leslie A. Brun, Chairman and ChiefExecutive Officer of Sarr Group, LLC
- Pamela Carter, former President,Cummins Distribution
- Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and ChiefExecutive Officer, Alcoa Inc.
- Raymond J. Lane, Partner Emeritus,Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Ann M. Livermore, former ExecutiveVice President, HP Enterprise Business
- Raymond E. Ozzie, former ChiefSoftware Architect, Microsoft Corporation
- Gary M. Reiner, Operating Partner,General Atlantic, LLC
- Lip-Bu Tan, Chairman, WaldenInternational; President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadence DesignSystems, Inc.
- Meg Whitman, President and ChiefExecutive Officer, HPE
For more information and detailed biographies on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise board members, click here.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.