Hewlett Packard Enterprise Expands Helion Cloud Portfolio
New solutions address enterprises’ multi-cloud operations and continuous delivery requirements
LAS VEGAS – June 7, 2016 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) introduced updates to its HPE Helion cloud portfolio today at HPE Discover, including:
- HPE Helion Cloud Suite, a new software suite enabling customers to deliver and manage their full spectrum of applications—from traditional, virtualized, cloud native and containers—across a broad range of infrastructure environments
- HPE Helion CloudSystem 10, an engineered hardware and software solution to build and rapidly deploy an enterprise grade cloud environment for a full range of workloads and offering a deep integration with HPE OneView 3.0 for automatic provisioning of cloud resources from bare metal infrastructure
- HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, a complete and open application development platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution, powered by Cloud Foundry, designed to speed the delivery of cloud native applications
- HPE Cloudline 3100 Server, offering industry leading economics for service providers
- New HPE Technology Services offerings for IT transformation and workload migration
“No enterprise has a one size fits all approach to cloud—every customer wants solutions that help them drive their business faster and cut costs across their full spectrum of applications,” said Bill Hilf, senior vice president and general manager, HPE Cloud. “Organizations require their own right mix of traditional IT, private, managed and public clouds and the flexibility to support applications spanning different technologies, architectures and delivery models. The HPE Helion portfolio gives customers a simple, powerful set of options, offering the breadth and coverage they need.”
HPE Helion Cloud Suite: automate, orchestrate and transform cloud resources and applications across hybrid environments
The HPE Helion Cloud Suite brings together a full range of hybrid cloud capabilities into a single, simplified software offering. HPE Helion Cloud Suite includes full-stack automation to enable rapid delivery of IT services and applications, and provides a common simplified, self-service storefront for IT and developers. It also includes a complete development environment supporting DevOps processes for traditional and cloud-native applications.
The HPE Helion Cloud Suite combines a complete set of operations management capabilities, cloud orchestration, big data analytics and service based compliance, enabling enterprises to design, deliver and manage IT services across multi-vendor traditional IT, private, public and managed cloud environments.
HPE Helion Cloud Suite also ships with HPE Helion Stackato and HPE Helion OpenStack 3.0, which features improved configurability and tighter controls to help enterprises maximize their operational efficiency, without vendor lock-in.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10: an integrated solution for hybrid infrastructure management in a multi-cloud environment
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is the foundational building block for both private and hybrid clouds. It is an engineered hardware and software solution that delivers hosting, automation and orchestration of traditional and cloud-native workloads. This pre-integrated solution, brings together HPE market leading innovations in hardware, storage, networking, software and services into one package.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is fully-integrated with HPE OneView 3.0, HPE’s infrastructure management software, providing the ability to discover, manage and dynamically designate cloud resource tiers by leveraging the underlying hardware characteristics. This enables efficient utilization of infrastructure by empowering developers and other cloud consumers to target the right infrastructure for the right workloads. Cloud operators can also provision physical servers or virtual clusters as resources directly from the HPE Helion CloudSystem management console.
HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is a comprehensive solution that also includes HPE Helion OpenStack 3.0, HPE Cloud Service Automation 4.6, as well as HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 to provide a full infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and PaaS capabilities.
HPE Helion Stackato 4.0: simplify development and deployment of cloud native applications
HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 is an open multi-cloud PaaS solution for building cloud native applications that integrate across traditional and new environments. Designed for customers who are transforming and optimizing their applications for the cloud, HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 provides developers with a solution that is built on Helion Cloud Foundry®, a certified Cloud Foundry core, offering continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflow and extensibility to new and existing application services.
With HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, developers can use any technology stack to build applications that are resilient, scalable and easily deployable.
For operators HPE Helion Stackato 4.0 offers centralized monitoring, logging and a multi-cloud control plane.
HPE Cloudline 3100 Server: exceed performance and economic requirements of hyper scale cloud service providers
In the highly competitive world of service providers, performance and economics are the keys to success.
To help cloud service providers’ address these challenges, HPE introduced the CL3100, an extension of the HPE Cloudline storage server portfolio. The CL3100 meets cloud service providers’ dense storage requirements for Hadoop/Cassandra/compute workloads. The CL3100 (1U) storage server is 75 percent smaller than the CL5200 storage server (4U), requiring a smaller footprint.
New HPE Technology Services: advise, transform and manage cloud investments
HPE Technology Services introduced new offerings for IT transformation and workload migration, including:
- HPE Workload Portability Services help customers achieve their right mix and place each workload according to agility, privacy, security, compliance, cost and performance needs. This accelerated process will discover and analyze the workloads, using HPE intellectual property that provides advanced pattern recognition, to group and categorize workloads to simplify the task of portfolio evaluation.
- Workload Modernization Consulting Services provides customers the experience required to modernize and move workloads (data, apps, OS/middleware) to new architectures and platforms through standardization, consolidation, upgrade, virtualization, migration and automation. With this new service customers can improve time to value by optimizing end-to-end lifecycle of existing workloads (e.g., increase application quality and release frequency) leveraging DevOps tools and platforms.
- HPE Cloud Native Agile Development service helps customers build and architect the right environment and integrate cloud-native applications and databases leveraging HPE Helion Stackato and containers technologies.
- HPE Cloud Broker Consulting service provides expertise to help customers design and build their IT broker organization. Starting with a discovery service that identifies current IT and cloud usage, it drives a process to help organizations define the policies and procedures and implementation plan required to build and manage a broker model.
In addition, HPE introduced enhancements to HPE Helion Managed Cloud and HPE Cloud Services Broker services to help enterprises improve control over their hybrid infrastructure. For more information visit https://www.hpe.com/us/en/newsroom/news-archive/news-advisory/2016/06/Hewlett-Packard-Enterprise-Expands-Managed-Cloud-and-Service-Broker-Capabilities0.html.
The HPE Helion Cloud Suite, HPE Helion CloudSystem 10, HPE Helion Stackato 4.0, HPE Helion Cloudline 3100 are targeted for availability in the second half of 2016. HPE Financial Services will expand their portfolio of IT consumption solutions for cloud, including HPE Helion CloudSystem Financing, to help enterprises invest in their right mix of cloud quickly and easily.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The information included in this press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Hewlett Packard Enterprise may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s businesses; risks associated with executing Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s strategy; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by Hewlett Packard Enterprise and its suppliers, customers and partners; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; and other risks that are described in Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Hewlett Packard Enterprise assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
The OpenStack™ Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks/service marks or trademarks/service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. Cloud Foundry is a trademark and/or registered trademark of CloudFoundry.org Foundation, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.