HP Launches Investment Solutions to Ease Organizations' Transitions to "New Style of IT"
Investment Solutions Enable Businesses to Improve Speed, Agility and Control to Meet Evolving Needs
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 6, 2013) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new investment solutions from HP Financial Services (HPFS) designed to enhance business flexibility and help customers reduce complexity, increase agility and drive innovation.(1)
The rate of technology change and the opportunities created are necessitating a new approach to IT strategy, management and investment. Customers need to break free from their traditional mode of operation by looking for ways to increase the pace of innovation and delivering business value.
"Flexible investment solutions from HPFS helped us maximize our current technology environment and accelerate our move to new platforms such as cloud," said Alexander de Oliveira, IT director of Group Projects at Transguard, a leading provider of security services in the United Arab Emirates.
The expanded portfolio of investment solutions from HPFS includes:
- The HP accelerated migration program for cloud -- helps customers establish a plan to retire and upgrade their technology infrastructure. Additionally, HPFS can provide a capital infusion to help fund the transformation. Built to a timeline that aligns to a customer's goals, the program is designed with both IT and financial executives in mind.
- The HP Pre-Provisioning Solution -- lets customers take delivery of HP equipment right away, but only pay when it is deployed and activated. This solution addresses the pressing need for chief information officers to fund their IT transformation while driving operational efficiencies.
- New investment solutions for HP Moonshot servers and HP Converged Systems -- provide customers and channel partners with quick access to the latest HP products through a simple, scalable and predictable monthly payment that aligns technology and financial requirements to business needs.
"The uncertainty associated with transitioning to cloud, mobile, big data and BYOD will require enterprises to plan and build their IT investment strategies differently," said Susan Middleton, research director, Technology Financial Strategies, IDC.
To set a clear standard for what businesses should expect from their investment solutions vendors, HP Financial Services has published a public charter. The Pledge speaks to the track record HP has earned for trust and transparency and is designed to give customers greater peace of mind.
"The customer is at the heart of everything we do, and more than 75 percent of our business is with repeat customers," said Irv Rothman, chief executive officer, HP Financial Services. "We take a collaborative approach to ensure customers have the technology and financial flexibility they require to effectively meet current and future business needs."
HP's premier EMEA client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 10-12 in Barcelona, Spain
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Financing and service offerings available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively HPFSC) in certain countries and are subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates and terms are based on customer's credit rating, offering types, services and/or equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify. Not all services or offers are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: email@example.com