HP Protect 2013 Keynote Speakers to Discuss How to Win the Security Cyberwar
Attendees to Choose From Nearly 150 Technical Sessions Providing Insights Into Latest Threats and Protection Techniques
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 29, 2013) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced the lineup of keynote speakers and technically focused breakout sessions for its annual user conference, HP Protect 2013 -- taking place Sept. 16-19 in Washington, D.C.
At HP Protect 2013, leaders from across the IT security industry will come together to discuss the growing need for a proactive, intelligence-based risk management strategy to tackle today's rapidly evolving threat landscape.
Attendees will hear from leading HP and industry figures as they discuss the biggest trends in securing cloud, big data and mobile as well as the latest threats impacting an organization's safety and success. Keynote presentations, breakout sessions and trainings will help business and technical members of the security community gain context into new approaches to enterprise security and better understand how to leverage existing IT security investments.
HP Protect 2013 keynote sessions
HP, industry and customer keynote presentations will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17, providing insight into the broader themes of the conference, which include security intelligence, security information, security software and network security.
- Art Gilliland, senior vice president, Enterprise Security Products, HP, will pull from 15 years of experience in the enterprise security industry to discuss the security landscape and the current trends, as well as attacks that are shaping enterprise software.
- "Bug Parades, Zombies and the BSIMM: A Decade of Software Security" - Gary McGraw, Ph.D., chief technology officer, Cigital, is the HP Protect industry keynote speaker and a recognized authority on software security. During his keynote, he will discuss the evolution of software security from its "bug of the day" beginnings to the multimillion dollar security initiatives of today.
- "Adventures in Cybersecurity -- Lessons Learned for Differentiating and Winning Business with Security" - Clif Triplett, managing partner, SteelPointe Partners, and former CIO of Baker Hughes, is the HP Protect customer keynote speaker and has more than 30 years of experience in the IT security industry. He will share his experiences in the trenches, protecting critical customer data and intellectual property (IP) for a diverse clientele, and explain how the changing nature of cyberthreats should impact the approach to cybersecurity today.
HP Protect 2013 examines the biggest security trends
Nearly 150 technical sessions will be offered, providing attendees the opportunity to hear from HP Enterprise Security Products executives, customers and researchers spanning the HP ArcSight, HP Atalla, HP Fortify and HP TippingPoint businesses.
Executives representing HP ArcSight, which provides the industry-leading security information and event management (SIEM) solution, will discuss the biggest trends impacting information security. Sessions will examine developments across the HP ArcSight portfolio -- including HP ArcSight ESM 6.0c, HP ArcSight Logger API and HP ArcSight with Autonomy IDOL -- and the implications they have for businesses across various industries. Session attendees will learn:
- How to avoid common mistakes made in SIEM adoption.
- How to derive security and operational intelligence from big data to help identify true threats and take actions to remediate.
- How to combat advanced persistent threats (APTs) from hostile nation-states.
- Why failures to protect critical data and assets still occur and how specific corrective measures by management and technologies can be adopted using the HP ArcSight platform.
HP Fortify executives, customers and security researchers will explain how to build successful software security programs that deliver results without compromising innovation. Sessions will discuss the latest-available security intelligence, software security assurance (SSA) best practices and game-changing technologies that are helping customers expand and improve their software security programs. Session attendees will learn:
- How to include security throughout the entire software development life cycle, whether it's based on waterfall, agile or hybrid development methodologies.
- How to reap the advantages of open-source software while greatly reducing risks to operations, profitability and customers.
- How to transform an enterprise security platform into a governance program that will minimize reporting and maintain compliance.
HP TippingPoint executives and customers will discuss innovative methods, including application control and next-generation firewalls, that protect an organization's data and IP. Sessions will focus on how HP TippingPoint technologies are helping businesses manage and improve network security. Session attendees will learn:
- How to deploy a digital vaccine to protect their companies' networks and improve overall security postures.
- How to think like a malicious attacker to boost network protections before a compromise can occur.
- How to leverage HP TippingPoint DV Labs threat intelligence across the entire network -- whether physical or virtual.
Executives from HP Atalla, which provides cryptography and key management solutions, will discuss security issues surrounding the rapid growth of smart (EMV) payment cards, the growth of mobile devices for retail point-of-sale (POS) transactions and the future of the payments market. Session attendees will learn:
- How to defend the most valuable assets of a business by protecting sensitive information where it lives -- inside the network.
- How ATM cash-out attacks succeed and what vendors and users of card-payment technology must do to address weak points in their systems.
Use code HPPNEWS to receive the early bird registration rate of $1,395 per attendee for HP Protect through Aug. 30. Beginning Aug. 31, registration will be $1,595.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hpenterprisesecurity.com. Follow us on Twitter @HPsecurity.
HP's premier EMEA client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 10-12 in Barcelona, Spain.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: email@example.com