HP Introduces New SMB Servers That Simplify IT, Boost Business Productivity
LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Jun 11, 2013) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new and enhanced HP ProLiant servers that help small and midsized businesses (SMBs) accelerate business results by simplifying the deployment, management and maintenance of their IT infrastructure.
SMBs can be challenged by limited financial and human resources when responding to growing customer demands and evolving business needs. Smaller enterprises, such as retail stores, medical practices and real estate offices need simple, scalable and cost-effective solutions to power their businesses.
Based on current buying trends, at least 5.1 million small businesses worldwide will purchase their first server within the next five years, according to AMI Partners, a global strategy consulting firm.(1)
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Generation 8 (Gen8) is an ideal first server that provides simplified setup, management and maintenance with innovative HP Smart Technologies. The HP MicroServer offers centralized, anywhere, anytime data access to employees to boost productivity and collaboration through data sharing -- and it is small and quiet enough to sit on a desk.
Further expanding the HP ProLiant server portfolio, HP today also announced cost-optimized solutions for micro and SMB clients that provide the reliability, flexibility and scalability needed to accommodate current and future business needs. New solutions include the HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 and HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2.
"Small and midsized businesses require innovative server solutions that meet their specific business needs and price points to remain competitive," said Mark Potter, senior vice president and general manager, Servers, HP. "These new HP ProLiant servers are easy to use, highly reliable and cost-effective to maintain, enabling our SMB customers to boost business performance, save time and cut costs."
The HP ProLiant MicroServer, introduced in 2010, is an ultra-compact server solution that enables SMBs to manage and grow their businesses without adding burdensome cost or complexity.
The new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 delivers the reliability, performance and security of a business server in a whisper-quiet design that is half the size of most competitive entry-level servers, which allows it to be displayed on the floor or desk.(2) It is an ideal first server solution for micro and small businesses, enabling collaboration through centralized information and data sharing. Plus, through HP unique innovations, it enables SMB clients to reduce time spent on IT so they can focus on managing and growing their business.
Designed for organizations with less than 10 employees, the HP MicroServer Gen8 shares and secures critical information in a central server. Data and applications housed on the server are remotely accessible from virtually any web-connected device with Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012 Essentials, improving productivity and collaboration.
The HP MicroServer Gen8 leverages several HP ProLiant Gen8 server innovations as well as the HP ProActive Insight architecture, enabling SMB customers to:
- Simplify system installation, setup and maintenance with the HP iLO Management Engine (iLO4) and HP Intelligent Provisioning, embedded in each server with software and preloaded tools ready to deploy for simplified management.
- Remotely manage the server from anywhere, anytime to increase productivity while lowering operational costs with HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Essentials
- Continuously monitor performance with HP Active Health, which automatically assesses the servers for optimum health and lowest power consumption and accelerates application updates to boost server performance and improve uptime via HP Smart Update.
- Deliver an integrated, converged server and networking infrastructure solution with the optional, stackable HP PS1810-8G managed switch, which automatically discovers, monitors and accelerates the connectivity performance of both devices.
The HP MicroServer Gen8 also provides HP channel partners the opportunity to deliver new SMB services and partner revenue opportunities with HP Insight Online -- the industry's first comprehensive cloud-based services portal.
Greater computing opportunities
The expanded HP ProLiant lineup is ideal for SMB clients, SMB channel partners and organizations in emerging markets. The new servers improve performance, power management and serviceability:
- HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is an updated, full-featured, single-processor tower server with enterprise-class manageability for SMBs with remote or branch offices that need to boost productivity and connectivity and simplify management with maximum uptime.
- HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is a new compact, single-processor, rack-optimized server that can be deployed anywhere. It is ideal for single-application uses, such as small businesses and chain stores, and is ideal for factory automation, medical, transportation, telecom and military. The server meets the unique space, mobility, management and budget challenges that SMB and embedded market customers must solve.
Pricing and availability(3)
- The HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 is available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $449.
- The HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is expected to be available worldwide next month for a starting price of $869.
- The HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $899.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) AMI-Partners, "AMI's Global Market Model," 2012.
(2) Based on industry server dimensions from Dell, IBM, Lenovo, NEC and Fujitsu. Dell T110 II (463.82mm H x 189.35mm W x 420.3mm D); IBM System x3100 M4 Express (360mm H x 180mm W x 480mm D); Lenovo ThinkServer TS130 (425.2mm H x 174.8mm W x 430.8mm D); NEC Express5800/GT110e (364.0 mm H x 175.0mm W x 418.0mm D); Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX100 S3p (175 x 419 x 395 mm H x 175mm W x 419mm D).
(3) Estimated prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows Server are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org