HP Accelerates Organizations to Become Real-Time Enterprises With SAP HANA
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - May 15, 2013) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new solutions that accelerate enterprises' deployment of SAP® applications and provide the flexibility and choice clients need to make faster, more informed decisions.
HP Enterprise Services for the rapid deployment of SAP Business Suite software powered by SAP HANA® and HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP applications are designed to provide customers with a step change in predictability and speed to value. They also offer alternative cloud deployment models that enable clients to run their SAP applications more efficiently and effectively.
HP AppSystems offer a prepackaged and fully supported appliance for running SAP Business Suite software powered by SAP HANA that can handle large amounts of transactional and analytics data residing in one centralized database. The solution provides customers with reduced latency and improved access to real-time, mission-critical data so they can make decisions in a fraction of the time previously possible.
"Organizations deploying new enterprise applications need to be set up for success," said Jules Beck, vice president, Global Enterprise Applications and Mobility Services, HP Enterprise Services. "HP's deep portfolio of strategic cloud platforms and services provides clients with a flexible cloud model that maximizes the benefits of SAP solutions while providing data privacy and sovereignty, disaster recovery and high availability."
Accelerating return on investment of SAP HANA with rapid-deployment solutions
To further strengthen its portfolio of strategic services for SAP solutions, HP is making significant investments in rapid-deployment solutions for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA. These solutions complement HP's current end-to-end services for SAP HANA and will help clients further accelerate their transformations into becoming real-time enterprises.
HP implementation services for the rapid deployment of SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA will enable clients to:
- Accelerate the return on investment on solutions that are geared for new systems of engagement.
- Integrate SAP HANA with existing business applications.
- Scale to support local and global deployments.
- Offer a wide range of database and data migration services to quickly realize the benefits of SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA.
HP partners with SAP on the adoption of SAP HANA and its go-to-market strategy through HP's worldwide sales and support teams. HP service delivery engineers recently completed training on the SAP HANA platform. These engineers have demonstrated their abilities in this new technology, passing demanding, process-oriented exams and are now certified as application associates for SAP HANA.
Deploying SAP applications with more choice, confidence, consistency in the cloud
New HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP applications offer an end-to-end suite of cloud-based services that enable clients to make the best decisions for their organizations related to deploying production versions of SAP applications. These new services are a full and integrated continuum of advisory, transformation and management services that help ensure a customer's journey to the cloud is addressed at every step.
HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP applications include:
- Application transformation services that provide the tools and proven methodologies to move and/or transform SAP applications to a cloud-based model. Integration services enable SAP applications -- whether run in a cloud-based model, traditional data center environment, on a client's premises, with a business partner or with mobile applications -- to integrate with legacy applications.
- Deployment automation for customers who want to move their production portfolio of SAP solutions to a managed application model. HP provides all the services to support and maintain SAP applications in a cloud-based model with service levels and costs that are competitive in the IT industry.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Virtual Private Cloud offers an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for clients who want to move to a delivery model that focuses on lowering their overall total cost of ownership and provides the flexibility to move into a pay-per-usage capacity model, based on their demand cycles.
- SAP Applications Platform as a Service (APaaS) provides customers with application management support and maintenance, including support of configurations, interfaces and master data.
HP manages the entire IaaS stack with an enterprise-class service level agreement (SLA) that provides industry-leading high availability and the option for HP to manage the entire cloud stack. This includes management, monitoring and operations of the IT landscape from the infrastructure servers, storage, security and network up to and including the Basis application layer. The application management layer (also called Applications as a Service) completes the ecosystem and is integrated on top of the HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Virtual Private Cloud.
HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP applications is a comprehensive, consumption-based, end-to-end approach for the delivery of an SAP solution-based cloud ecosystem. It offers clients high availability and the ability to scale to need, including a wide range of database and migration services to speed return on their investment.
HP understands the complex intricacies of SAP solution-based ecosystems and cloud-based services. With HP's full portfolio of cloud services, organizations can reduce costs while also simplifying, deploying and effectively managing their IT ecosystems in a cloud or traditional model.
Harnessing the power of big data
New HP AppSystems for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA are built on HP Converged Infrastructure and provide customers with a 1-, 2- or 4- terabyte memory solution. This solution is based on the industry-leading HP ProLiant DL980 server with HP PREMA architecture for best-in-class availability.
HP AppSystems for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA support large amounts of data within an in-memory computing solution that can deliver information 1,000 times faster than traditional legacy environments. This allows customers to innovate without disruption on an open, industry-standard infrastructure.
Pricing and availability
- HP implementation services for the rapid deployment of SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA are available worldwide with pricing varying according to client engagement.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP applications are priced as a service with one-time transformation and configuration services priced according to customer requirements. Worldwide availability is expected later this year.
- HP AppSystems for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA are available worldwide.
HP is exhibiting in booth 3318 at the SAPPHIRE® NOW conference, being held May 14-16 in Orlando, Fla.
HP's premier Americas client event, HP Discover, takes place June 11-13 in Las Vegas.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
SAP, SAP HANA, SAPPHIRE and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: email@example.com