HP Named a Leader in Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 5, 2011) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced it has been named a "leader" in the latest Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays."(1)
An independent provider of IT and research advice, Gartner's latest Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays assessed technology providers on their "ability to execute" and "completeness of vision."
"Clients are increasingly turning to HP Storage to optimize traditional IT and to evolve to new cloud models," said David Scott, senior vice president and general manager, Storage, HP. "We believe Gartner's recognition of HP as a leader in 'completeness of vision' affirms continued investment in our established storage platforms such as the EVA, while we also nurture our vision of HP Converged Storage ubiquitously servicing IT with products like our 3PAR and LeftHand Storage Systems."
This year's Gartner Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays included the following HP Storage solutions:
- HP 3PAR Storage Systems -- next-generation, tier-one utility storage built for IT as a Service and designed for virtualization and the cloud. The recently introduced HP P10000 3PAR Storage Systems include powerful features for the delivery of enterprise IT within public and private clouds. HP 3PAR Storage Systems support HP Peer Motion storage federation software that enables clients to transparently move application workloads between disk systems in virtualized and cloud computing environments.
- HP LeftHand Storage Systems -- designed for environments with a variety of virtual servers, client virtualization, database, email and business applications. Built on industry-standard HP ProLiant and HP BladeSystem hardware and based on HP scale-out software and converged management.
- HP Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) Storage Systems -- with an installed base of more than 100,000 units across thousands of data centers, the latest generation of EVA offers a proven solution for mid- to large-size companies that need enterprise storage features on a modest budget.
HP 3PAR and HP LeftHand Storage Systems are key elements of the HP Converged Storage architecture, which was designed to fundamentally change how data is accessed by integrating scale-out storage software with converged server and storage hardware platforms.
Designed to overcome the systemic failures of siloed storage designs, HP Converged Storage helps customers simplify IT and improve agility as well as efficiency in the face of unpredictable application workloads and the explosive growth of big data content.
HP Converged Storage is part of HP Converged Infrastructure, which is a core element of an Instant-On Enterprise. In a world of continuous connectivity, the Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with everything they need, instantly.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays," Roger W. Cox, Pushan Rinnen, Stanley Zaffos, Jimmie Chang, Nov. 17, 2011. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: email@example.com