HP Powers Move to Cloud for Enterprises and Service Providers
HP Advances Clients' Cloud Deployment, Sourcing, Security and Learning
VIENNA, AUSTRIA--(Marketwire - Nov 30, 2011) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new Cloud Solutions that advance deployment of private, public and hybrid clouds, enabling enterprises, service providers and governments to capitalize on emerging market opportunities.
With thousands of successful cloud deployments, HP has helped clients get the best of a hybrid delivery approach without the complexity. By incorporating both in-house and externally sourced IT services, clients can pick the right method of delivery to effectively meet time-to-market, availability and cost requirements. Yet, security concerns and a lack of internal skills continue to challenge organizations' evolution to the cloud.
Service providers also recognize that a hybrid delivery approach requires new cloud business models that provide consumption and brokerage of technology for their customers in multiple ways. As a result, they need a technology partner that can help them capture this market opportunity.
HP Cloud Solutions, based on HP Converged Infrastructure, provide the hardware, software, services and programs that enable service providers, enterprises and governments to rapidly and securely deliver IT as a service.
"Clients want to understand, plan, build and source for cloud computing in a way that allows them to gain agility, reduce risk, maintain control and ensure security," said Steve Dietch, vice president, Marketing, Cloud Solutions and Infrastructure, HP. "The new offerings are the culmination of HP's experience in delivering innovative technology solutions, as well as providing the services and skills needed to drive this evolution."
HP's new offerings address the key areas of client needs -- building differentiated cloud offerings, consuming cloud services from the public domain, and managing, governing and securing the entire environment.
Building a hybrid environment
As organizations work to achieve an agile service-delivery approach, they must develop, deploy, manage and secure IT services across public and private clouds as well as traditional IT delivery models.
HP continues to expand its cloud ecosystem with new partners, offerings and programs:
- New HP CloudSystem integrations with Alcatel-Lucent enable communications services providers to deliver high-value cloud services using carrier-class network and IT. The combination of IT infrastructure, software and telecommunications-grade network lets communications services providers automate the provisioning and management of cloud resources through a highly reliable network.
- HP CloudAgile Service Provider Program offers service providers expanded sales reach, an enhanced services portfolio and an accelerated sales cycle through direct access to HP's global sales force. HP has expanded the program with its first European partners and with new certified hosting options that enable service providers to deliver reliable, secure private hosted clouds based on HP CloudSystem.
- HP CloudSystem Matrix 7.0, the core operating environment that powers HP CloudSystem, enables clients to build hybrid clouds with push-button access to externally sourced cloud-based IT resources with the industry's first out-of-the-box "bursting capability." This solution also includes automatic, on-demand provisioning of HP 3PAR storage to reduce errors and speed deployment of new services to just minutes.
- The comprehensive HP Cloud Protection Program spans people, process, policies and technologies to deliver a comparable level of security for a hybrid cloud as a private internet-enabled IT environment would receive. Addressing one of the biggest hindrances to organizations moving to a cloud environment, the new program includes comprehensive strategy, roadmap, design and implementation services built on a common reference architecture. The program is supported by a Cloud Protection Center of Excellence that enables clients to test HP solutions as well as partner and third-party products that support cloud and virtualization protection.
Consuming enterprise-class cloud services
Organizations need rapid and secure sourcing of compute services that quickly flex to peak demands without excess capital expenditures. New and enhanced HP services that provide a cloud infrastructure as a service to address this need include:
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Compute now automates distribution of application workloads across multiple servers to improve application performance. Clients also can improve data protection through new backup and restore options while also provisioning and managing additional virtual local area networks within their cloud environment. A new HP proof-of-concept program allows clients to evaluate the service for existing workloads prior to purchase.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services for SAP Development and Sandbox Solution enable clients to evaluate and prototype functionality of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning software via a virtual private cloud, using a flexible, consumption-based model.
Transforming for the cloud era -- closing the cloud skills gap
Clients can use HP guidance and training to transform legacy data centers for cloud computing by improving the skills in their organizations. New HP services that address this need include:
- Three HP ExpertONE certifications -- HP ASE Cloud Architect, HP ASE Cloud Integrator and HP ASE Master Cloud Integrator -- which are the first cloud certifications that encompass business and technical content.
- Expanded HP ExpertONE program includes five of the industry's largest independent commercial training organizations that deliver HP learning solutions anywhere in the world. The HP Institute delivers an academic program for developing HP certified experts through traditional two- and four-year institutions, while HP Press has expanded self-directed learning options for clients.
- HP Cloud Curriculum from HP Education Services offers course materials in multiple languages covering cloud strategies that have successfully increased enterprise agility and reduced costs. Learning is flexible, with online virtual labs, self study, classroom, virtual classroom and onsite training options offered through more than 90 HP education centers worldwide.
- Driven by HP Financial Services, HP Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Cloud Roundtables help CFOs understand the benefits and risks associated with the cloud, while aligning their organizations' technology and financial roadmaps.
- HP Storage Consulting Services for Cloud, encompassing modernization and design, enable clients to understand their storage requirements for private cloud computing as well as develop an architecture that meets their needs.
- HP Cloud Applications Services for Windows Azure accelerate the development or migration of applications to the Microsoft Windows® Azure platform-as-a-service offering.
In a world of continuous connectivity, HP Converged Infrastructure is a key element to delivering the Instant-On Enterprise. The Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.
A recording of the HP DISCOVER Vienna press conference and additional information about HP's announcements at its premier client event, HP DISCOVER Vienna, is available at www.hp.com/go/optimization2011.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Related Media Contacts
- For all Worldwide Media Inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org