HPE Enterprise Services Unveils Industry’s First On Demand Platform as a Service for SAP® Applications
Offering removes typical IT constraints and increases a business’s agility with real-time control of their SAP ecosystem
PALO ALTO, Calif., November 16, 2016 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced Enterprise Solutions On Demand (ESO) for SAP. This managed cloud service enables customers to directly manage their SAP resources on demand with automated real-time control over the complete SAP IT stack. Through the use of a web-based Service Catalogue, users have the ability to ramp-up and ramp-down based on business demands. ESO for SAP is a “full stack” managed service including a comprehensive set of infrastructure, platform and applications management services.
“Most businesses are constrained by their traditional IT run-time environments, which possess built-in barriers to innovation and business flexibility such as long lead times for deployment, high total cost of ownership, and skills shortages,” said Eugene O’Callaghan, Vice President, Workload and Cloud at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “ESO for SAP revolutionizes how users consume SAP in the cloud by providing a ‘full stack’ managed cloud service enabling users to directly manage their SAP resources on demand. With ESO for SAP, SAP customers can optimize their IT spend for their SAP ecosystem and become more agile in adding new features to their SAP environments consequently allowing them to focus on their business needs.”
Key features & benefits include:
- Agile digital business platform: ESO for SAP enables just-in-time provisioning of properly sized SAP resources in minutes or hours instead of days, either on demand or scheduled in advance. This flexible environment caters to business needs to quickly respond to seasonal demands, perform rapid firefighting and build dev/test environments without delay.
- Metered consumption model, based on the ability to consume (and bill) on an hourly and per incident basis contributing to reduce TCO of the SAP ecosystem.
- Automated SAP lifecycle management reduces latency across operations and development, accelerating speed to value of innovation to the core so SAP application changes can be rapidly put into use.
- Detect-to-Correct: ESO for SAP enables business continuity by providing continuous Dev/Ops optimization, high availability, and disaster recovery service levels. Using “detect-to-correct”, predictive capabilities improve end-user experience and reduce the number of incidents and time to resolution.
- Secure and compliant: ESO for SAP is compliant with industry security best practices and provides encryption for data at rest and in transition. It supports sovereignty and residency requirements through in-country data hosting in a managed cloud center nearest a customer’s location. In addition, it supports compliance needs for industry regulation and security best practices, including HIPAA, ISO27001, SOC2, PCI, and IL3.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry-leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.