Hewlett Packard Enterprise CTO Keynote at RSA 2016 to Address Asymmetry of Threat Landscape
Martin Fink to discuss rebalancing adversarial battle by building security in and driving analytics to detect and respond at machine speed
The battle between attackers and the attacked has long been asymmetric, as adversaries’ attacks have become more sophisticated, harder to detect and expanded beyond the network perimeter. Big data analytics holds the key to helping organizations turn the tables. As security operations mature, current approaches are struggling to pinpoint critical threats amidst an exponential growth in data.
During a keynote address at RSA Conference 2016, Martin Fink, executive vice president and chief technology officer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, will reveal radical new approaches and data protection architectures that could change the course of our industry’s battle against attackers. These include combining analytics with new hardware technologies to turn the growing volume of data into actionable insights.
Fink’s keynote, “Turning the Tables: Radical New Approaches to Security Analytics,” urges organizations to build security into every layer of their infrastructure, and develop deep analytics to prevent, detect and respond to cyber attacks at machine speed. He will also explore how these solutions will create the foundation for organizations to fearlessly innovate in the future.
Martin Fink, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Wednesday, March 2, 2:40 p.m. PT
RSA Conference 2016
Moscone Convention Center
Main Stage (Esplande Ballroom)
Additional HPE speaking engagements:
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? How to Attract/Retain Women in the Industry – Kerry Matre, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Services, HPE Security Products, will join a panel discussion on the 2015 (ISC)2 Global Information Security Workforce Study that will examine how the findings relate to real-world experiences for women in security.
- Monday, February 29, 1:50 p.m. PT
- Room: 3014 (West Hall)
- Dissecting Derusbi – Vanja Svajcer, malware research manager, HPE Security, will provide a deep analysis of techniques used by Sakula and Derusbi malware to install itself, communicate with a command and control server, and exfiltrate data.
- Wednesday, March 2, 8:00 a.m. PT
- Room: 3009 (West Hall)
- Build it in: A Proactive Approach to Securing Applications, Users and Data – Steve Dyer, CTO, HPE Software, Gary Campbell, CTO, HPE Security, and Andrzej Kawalec, chief technologist, HPE Enterprise Security Services, will participate in a panel focused on best practices to fully secure the digital enterprise.
- Wednesday, March 2, 10:20 a.m. PT
- Room: 132 (North Hall)
- Serial Killer: Silently Pwning Your Java Endpoints – Alvaro Munoz, principal security researcher, HPE Security Fortify, will showcase a live demo on how vulnerabilities found in libraries from XStream, JBoss, Java and Apache allow attackers to run arbitrary code during deserialization.
- Friday, March 4, 11:20 a.m. PT
- Room: 3006 (West Hall)
About HPE Security HPE Security helps organizations protect their business-critical digital assets by building security into the fabric of the enterprise, detecting and responding to advanced threats, and safeguarding continuity and compliance to effectively mitigate risk. With an integrated suite of market-leading products, services, threat intelligence and security research, HPE Security empowers organizations to balance protection with innovation to keep pace with today’s idea economy. Find out more about HPE Security at https://www.hpe.com/us/en/solutions/protect-digital.html.
Join HPE Software on LinkedIn and follow @HPE_Software on Twitter. To learn more about HPE Enterprise Security products and services on Twitter, please follow @HPE_Security and join HPE Enterprise Security on LinkedIn.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure. More information about HPE (NYSE:HPE) is available at https://www.hpe.com