HPE Transforms Future of Small to Midsized Businesses with Simple and Secure Hybrid Cloud Solutions
October 09, 2018 • News Advisory
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Delivery of five hybrid cloud solutions, jointly developed with Microsoft, to enable SMBs with essential services and easy set-up
- New small office deployment solution, designed for small, remote and branch offices, offers easy deployment for a flexible and reliable business IT infrastructure
- Introduction of HPE ProLiant DL20 and ML30 Gen10 servers, providing secure and simple IT management
- Additional offerings include the HPE Rapid Setup Software, a simple, guided tool for system installation, setup, and configuration, saving customers up to 70 percent of the time for overall set-up
New solutions combine servers, software, wireless and cloud capabilities, enabling businesses to focus on growth
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced that it is simplifying small to midsized businesses (SMBs) ability to deploy enterprise capabilities like wireless access points and cloud services to improve productivity and increase bottom line. The new offerings are simple, secure and affordable, featuring technologies from Microsoft and Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, and combine on-premises and off-premises solutions that are designed for easy installation and use, dramatically reducing the need for in-house technology expertise. HPE is unveiling these offerings this week at the annual SpiceWorld conference in Austin, Texas.
Digital transformation has led to rapid advancements in cloud, connected devices, social media, data analytics and more, fueling unprecedented opportunities for businesses of all sizes. However, many SMBs lack resources to harness next-generation IT infrastructure which can be complex and costly to implement.
HPE is addressing this challenge for small and medium-sized businesses with flexible, automated deployment tools, five hybrid cloud solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure services, and purpose-built ProLiant Gen10 servers featuring the HPE Silicon Root of Trust capabilities for enhanced security.
HPE Delivers Complete "Wireless Office in a Box" with Small Office Deployment Solution for On-Premises Use
With the small office deployment solution, designed for small, remote and branch offices, SMBs receive everything they need to easily deploy a flexible and reliable business IT infrastructure. This new solution delivers fast, automated on-premises set up and connection of HPE ProLiant Gen10 servers and Aruba network switches and wireless access points through simplified, point-and-click software tools.
Business-Essential Hybrid Cloud Services Made Easy by HPE and Microsoft
HPE and Microsoft are empowering SMBs with tools to simplify IT and improve processes with a set of five new hybrid cloud solutions. Designed to build upon the core features of the new HPE ProLiant DL20 and ML30 Gen10 servers with Microsoft Azure, these hybrid cloud offers provide the essential path to enhance productivity, improve IT service delivery and increase profits. The new offers are:
- Hybrid File and Backup
- Hybrid Web Hosting
- Hybrid Virtualization
- Hybrid Development and Test
- Hybrid Database
Right-Sized Secure Servers for Simple and Secure Management
The new HPE ProLiant DL20 and ML30 Gen10 servers are joining the award-winning family of the industrys most secure servers 1 that are purpose-built for small and medium-sized business with large enterprise aspirations. With the right balance of capability and capacity, these servers provide class-leading management features through the HPE iLO 5.0 which includes the HPE-exclusive Silicon Root of Trust for enhanced security capabilities.
- HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Server: Ideal for core business applications, whether deployed in bare-metal or virtualized environments, this flexible, affordable tower server can easily tailor configurations to meet specific application or performance goals. This flexibility comes from a range of Intel Pentium, Core or Xeon processors, up to 64GB of fast 2666MT/s DDR4 DIMMs, and a choice of four Large Form Factor or eight Small Form Factor drives.
- HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10 Server: Compact and versatile, this rack server packs enterprise-class performance into a 1U chassis only 15 inches deep for space-constrained environments. With a wide range of Intel processor choices, storage capacity options in small or large form factor HDD, SSD and high performance, low-latency M.2 NVMe drives, the HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10 delivers exceptional performance, flexibility and value in a highly space-efficient form factor.
HPE Rapid Setup Software
The new HPE Rapid Setup Software is a simple, guided tool for trouble-free system installation, setup, and configuration. It offers a stepwise, easy-to-follow process that can save customers up to 70 percent of the time typically required to install and configure hardware and software.2
"We are making it easier than ever for smaller businesses to adopt contemporary IT to support various needs and improve services and profitability", said Tim Peters, vice president and general manager SMB Segment and ProLiant Tower Servers, HPE. "By empowering SMBs with hybrid cloud solutions designed specifically for their workloads, we are accelerating business outcomes and guaranteeing trust in our flexible and reliable products."
"At Microsoft, we are committed to delivering new features with our Azure hybrid cloud stack that enable customers to target any workload, no matter the company size", said Rodrigo Rocha, a general manager at Microsoft. "Through our collaboration with HPE to bring packaged hybrid IT solutions that eliminate complexity and reduce costs, were enabling our SMB customers to increase their business potential and achieve new growth."
SpiceWorld 2018: HPE Demonstrates New, Tailored SMB Solutions in Speaking Sessions and at HPE booth #55
- Speakers: Minal Santhosh, senior manager, SMB solutions at HPE and Joaquin Ochoa, owner at J-Tech
- Date and Time: Tuesday, October 9 from 12:30 12:50 p.m. CDT
- Location: Tech Talk Theater
Session #2: Spiceheads See it First: HPEs Newest Solutions
- Speaker: Tim Peters, vice president and general manager SMB Segment and ProLiant Tower Servers at HPE, Rodrigo Rocha, a general manager at Microsoft, and Joaquin Ochoa, owner at J-Tech
- Date and Time: Tuesday, October 9 from 2:15 3:15 p.m. CDT
- Location: Room 15
For additional insight into HPEs SMB offerings, please visit HPEs Small and Midsize Business IT Solutions.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a global technology leader focused on developing intelligent solutions that allow customers to capture, analyze and act upon data seamlessly from edge to cloud. HPE enables customers to accelerate business outcomes by driving new business models, creating new customer and employee experiences, and increasing operational efficiency today and into the future.
1 Based on HPE silicon root of trust technology and other comprehensive security features, verified by InfusionPoints: https://www.hpe.com/us/en/solutions/infrastructure-security.html
2 Based on HPE internal calculations from July 3, 2018. An internal test compared using RSS versus manual installation. Biggest time savings comes from combining the OS/Hypervisor installation and HPE drivers step.