New HPE Presales Program to Sharpen Partners' Competitive Edge
May 29, 2017 • News Advisory
HPE Tech Pro Academy improves Asia Pacific and Japan partners' ability to deliver transformation solutions
Singapore – May 30, 2017 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced HPE Tech Pro Academy, a unique partner presales community in Asia Pacific and Japan that will offer new, ongoing engagement and training opportunities to help partners grow revenues by improving their ability to deliver innovative digital transformation solutions for customers.
Channel partners operate in an environment where marketplaces and technologies are evolving more rapidly than ever before. Increasingly, their customers view technology as a strategic growth driver. To help their customers maintain a competitive edge, it's critical that channel partners are knowledgeable about the latest technologies from the benefits they provide to the specifics around how best to integrate them into existing IT infrastructures.
Within these partner organizations, the presales teams that map out proposed systems for customers are under a great deal of pressure to maintain expertise in integrating established and new technologies into efficient solutions that will deliver results both immediately, and into the future. By providing region-specific curricula and easy access to HPE technical expertise, HPE Tech Pro Academy helps them do exactly that.
The HPE Tech Pro Academy program is designed to help members achieve career-advancing objectives in three categories:
- Connect – Through a single point of access, members will have access to exclusive online platforms and in-person networking opportunities that provide an unprecedented ability to participate in a focused, global presales community that connects them with other presales professionals in their markets and region, as well as with HPE presales team members from across the globe
- Learn – HPE will provide members with an ongoing stream of education opportunities that map back to a structured lesson plan that is:
- Designed to enable individuals to evolve and build their skills and knowledge
- Developed and delivered in collaboration with HPE original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and strategic alliances partners
- Localized on a country-by-country basis for maximum impact and value
- Aligned to HPE Partner Ready Competencies
- Grow –The program features an industry-first rewards program for partner presales professionals based on tracking sales generated by Tech Pro Academy members, providing them with the opportunity to benefit individually while increasing revenue for the partner organizations they work for through increased solutions sales
"HPE Tech Pro Academy puts the spotlight on the presales community, giving them a level of emphasis that few vendors have done so far," said Sharon Hiu, Research Analyst, Canalys. "By creating a single-point access for presales information, and encouraging engagement with gamification elements and rewards, this program can truly be a differentiator."
HPE Tech Pro Academy was previewed at the HPE Technology and Solutions Summit in Bangkok, which was attended by more than 400 leading Asia Pacific and Japan channel presales professionals. Program highlights for the rest of the year include a series of product demos, proof-of-concepts, technical showcases, as well as ongoing Partner Ready certification programs.
HPE Tech Pro Academy builds on HPE's industry-leading Partner Ready program, to create the premier partner presales brand and community in the Asia Pacific and Japan region. Partner Ready is the single HPE Global program for key partner business models that provides enablement resources, incentives and tools to drive revenue growth and partner investment.
"More than 80% of HPE's business in Asia Pacific and Japan goes through channel partners, so their success is our success," said Krishna Arani, vice president, APJ Channels, SMB & Service Providers, Asia Pacific and Japan, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. "HPE Tech Pro Academy is designed to give partners what theyve told us they need – a better way to achieve deeper technical skills and expertise. For the organizations, having a presales team that can deliver technologically advanced solutions designed to deliver maximum business value is critical to maintaining competitive edge. For the pre-sales professionals the deeper their knowledge, the brighter their career prospects."
HPE Tech Pro Academy membership is open to existing HPE channel partners only. Prospective partners wishing to become certified and take advantage of the possibilities opened up by HPE Tech Pro Academy can visit the HPE Partner Portal and register here.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industrys most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The information included in this press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Hewlett Packard Enterprise may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing Hewlett Packard Enterprises businesses; the competitive pressures faced by Hewlett Packard Enterprises businesses; risks associated with executing Hewlett Packard Enterprises strategy; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by Hewlett Packard Enterprise and its suppliers, customers and partners; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; and other risks that are described in Hewlett Packard Enterprises filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Hewlett Packard Enterprise assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy is an excellent way of bringing people together. Through this program, anyone, anywhere can come up with an issue, and the community will help them," said Binu Varghese, Services Head, Shro Systems. "In our organization, we have customers from all over the world. Geographically, it can be difficult to support them. With HPE Tech Pro Academys extensions to worldwide teams and support, it will enable us to provide quicker support to our customers. This is a great initiative."
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy provides a very good platform for us communicate with each other and other presales professionals. Beyond solutions, when we learn more, have best practices or solved certain problems, we will be able to share them with each other and the entire community," said Saikat Chakraborty, Regional Manager of Sales, Smart Planet IT Solutions
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy gives you the opportunity to get certified, gain more knowledge to use with existing customers and reach out to new customers, and pass learnings to colleagues," said Anant Dhawan, Business Head of Solution and Services, MM9. "Through HPE Tech Pro Academy, we get to upgrade our skills, learn more, and be part of a program that actually helps us to grow – first by building ourselves and then to build so many others."
- "There are many things that are part of HPE Tech Pro Academy but they are structured well. I was speechless at the activities planned for the tech pros," said Alston Noronha, Presales Technical Consultant, Redington.
- "This initiative is very good, as it is exclusive to presales and we can exchange opinions and thoughts within the community. If there are any solutions to share or discuss, they will be covered in HPE Tech Pro Academy," said Darmawan Hadisuryana, Technical Advisor, Synnex P.T. Synnex Metrodata.
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy is a good initiative. It is a community that is different from the – rest it is easy to join and one that I am sure we can benefit from a lot," said Ricky Jeconiah, Technical Support, Helios Informatika Nusantara.
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy is a great opportunity for us to catch up on recent HPE innovation, learn best practices, and build a community of presales professionals," said SeungBok Choi, Distributor Presales, KIES
- "Being a member of HPE Tech Pro Academy places me at the forefront of HPE's technical presales community and provides me with access to valuable material such as deep-dive product information, roadmaps, reference architectures, solution guides, and more. It also provides an open forum with other members of the community, including the HPE product developers and other presales experts, where we work together to solve problems that are otherwise insurmountable, said Josh Brien, Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, Lynx Technology. "This ultimately leads to less time spent on fact finding and more time spent actually obtaining a greater understanding of HPE's unique competitive advantages which when translated to real world situations allows us to confidently present our customers with the best technical solutions in the industry."
- "HPE Tech Pro Academy will be a platform to enable presales engineers such as myself to be up-to-date on the latest technology trends. The My Forum discussion board allows me to get advice, join discussions, find and size the right solutions and also exchange knowledge with other technical professionals," said Avun Mohamed, Assistant Presales Consultant, Ingram Micro Asia Ltd. "This will help me to provide the best solutions for my customers and increase business opportunities for my company."