HPE Extends Solutions for SAP Applications from the Digital Core to the Intelligent Edge
May 15, 2017 • News Advisory
New offerings empower enterprises with real-time insight from vast amounts of data to accelerate business processes
PALO ALTO, CA. – May 15, 2017 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced new compute, storage and networking solutions running SAP HANA and SAP Leonardo to help customers accelerate real-time analytics.
Leveraging an extensive portfolio of assets, HPE combines the infrastructure, software, and services to empower enterprises Digital Core of critical data, applications and processes. Building on its 28-year partnership with SAP serving over 25,000 customers, HPE today announced:
- A preview of its next-generation architecture for SAP HANA, designed with Memory-Driven Computing principles, enabling enterprises of any size to analyze and process massive amounts of data at the Digital Core in real time.
- New SAP-certified solutions extending SAP HANA offerings for on-premises IT and private cloud deployments.
- Intelligent Edge solutions featuring SAP Leonardo providing customers the ability to derive real-time insights and produce actionable results from Internet of Things (IoT) data by enabling end-to-end visibility to product centric operations.
- New SAP advisory and transformation, professional and operation services from HPE Pointnext designed to accelerate innovation.
"Businesses need solutions that allow them to manage growing volumes of data in real-time in order to successfully achieve digital transformation," said Drew Iacone, Vice President, Global SAP Practice and Alliance, HPE. "As the industry leader for SAP HANA infrastructure solutions, customers can look to HPE and SAP to co-innovate in bringing to market edge to core solutions designed to help enterprise organizations accelerate business outcomes."
To learn practical considerations for migrating to SAP HANA and S/4 HANA, please read: Modernize Your SAP Business Process Applications: Best Practices for the Modern Data Center.
Accelerating real time analytics at the Digital Core
To address analytics and data challenges, enterprises must modernize their database infrastructure to an in-memory environment that can handle the scale and growth of large data sets for critical business processes.
HPEs next generation architecture for SAP HANA is designed with Memory-Driven Computing principles to uniquely handle the demands of SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA), a powerful and highly configurable suite of software solutions that can simplify business operations. This new architecture combines the market-leading mission-critical reliability of HPE Integrity Superdome X servers with the world-class scalable technology recently acquired from SGI to solve complex problems at greater scale, accelerate big data analytics and achieve greater insight.
The next generation architecture for SAP HANA will deliver:
- Unparalleled scale for in-memory computing – enabling businesses of all sizes to start small and grow seamlessly to address the largest scale data demands of SAP HANA.
- Unprecedented modularity – a common building block design will provide exceptional flexibility for customers to scale up or out easily, and keep pace with business demands.
- Unmatched reliability – to meet the demanding SLAs of SAP workloads and protect high-value applications and data.
HPE unveils new solutions for SAP-HANA Environments
For organizations seeking to leverage enterprise data to make faster and more informed business decisions, HPE is extending its portfolio of on-premises and private cloud solutions for SAP HANA including:
- Largest S/4 HANA certifications: In addition to having the largest Scale-up configurations at 20TB, HPE now has the largest Scale-out configuration for S/4 HANA use cases at 80TB of memory, making HPE the ideal partner for customers looking for scale, flexibility, performance and efficiency.
- New SAP HANA solution for HPE Synergy – the industry's first composable infrastructure certified for SAP HANA. An ideal solutions for cloud service providers running a multi-workload private cloud environment.
- New Enterprise Application Continuity solution to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and data protection for SAP and SAP HANA. The combination of HPE Serviceguard, HPE 3PAR StoreServ All Flash, HPE StoreOnce and HPE Recovery Manager Central deliver business continuity for mission critical SAP environments.
- Comprehensive all-flash storage portfolio for SAP HANA including HPE 3PAR StoreServ, HPE XP7 and Nimble Storage to accelerate business performance with maximum efficiencies.
- Networking solutions with HPE and Arista, SAP customers can connect across multi-cloud environments for increased flexibility.
Empowering the Intelligent Edge
To help enterprise customers realize actionable insights in manufacturing and industrial settings, HPE is introducing Edgeline converged edge systems with SAP Leonardo for Edge Computing, a bundle of data processing software and analytics services optimized to run in edge environments. The HPE Edgeline system is the industrys first bundle for SAP Leonardo that delivers datacenter-class compute power that can withstand industrial environments, while meeting the processing and analytics requirements from extremely high volumes of data generated in Industrial IoT environments.
The HPE and SAP solution allows customers to significantly transform operational scenarios and reimage their business models by gaining new insights into the vast amounts of data generated from industrial devices, such as pumps, assembly lines and other data-generating systems that reside on factory floors and other industrial location.
The Right Expertise for Business Transformation
To assist customers on their SAP journey, HPE Pointnext offers a broad range of services to deliver desired business outcomes, including interactive and practical advisory workshops to help accelerate the time to value of SAP investments, and flexible consumption-based pricing models to scale up or scale down capacity as needed.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industrys most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The information included in this press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Hewlett Packard Enterprise may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing Hewlett Packard Enterprises businesses; the competitive pressures faced by Hewlett Packard Enterprises businesses; risks associated with executing Hewlett Packard Enterprises strategy; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by Hewlett Packard Enterprise and its suppliers, customers and partners; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; and other risks that are described in Hewlett Packard Enterprises filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Hewlett Packard Enterprise assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.