HPE Enterprise Services Offers New Service Capabilities for Amazon Web Services
DECEMBER 1, 2016 • News Advisory
Latest addition to consulting and managed service capabilities helps clients benefit from the innovation of AWS, while delivering secure, reliable hybrid IT operations.
LAS VEGAS, December 1, 2016 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced that its Enterprise Services organization is now an Advanced Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services (AWS), further expanding hybrid cloud services to help clients improve agility and security, while reducing costs. HPE Enterprise Services has also extended the breadth of its AWS solutions to include Application Transformation to Cloud, HPE Eucalyptus and Managed Cloud Broker.
Organizations are under immense pressure to deliver new services and experiences to their customers while facing disruption from smaller competitors that are unencumbered by traditional systems and legacy delivery models. Additionally, IT organizations must respond rapidly to the demand for agility from their developer community constituents.
An ever increasing number of companies are implementing a hybrid cloud strategy to better serve their customers. Internal IT departments, however, are already incredibly stretched just managing existing environments, said William L. Franklin, Vice President, HPE Enterprise Services 3rd Party Cloud and Eucalyptus. With HPE Enterprise Services consulting and managed service for AWS, IT leaders can now deliver the public cloud experience with minimal disruption to existing IT priorities, standards, and initiatives, enabling their business to outpace their competitors.
The capabilities announced today build upon HPE Enterprises Services broad experience helping global enterprises and public sector organizations navigate complex IT transitions.
The Army stands to gain from a leaner infrastructure, fewer systems and greater economies of scale, said Bob Torche, U.S. Army G-3/5/7, Cloud migration can present numerous challenges. Investing in a phase-driven migration enabled us to see real value in the TAMIS proof-of-concept.
The global team of AWS Certified Associates and Professionals from HPE Enterprise Services help clients define, execute and manage hybrid cloud deployments aligned to their business objectives drive the following benefits:
- Reduce risk Leveraging its industry leadership in managed security services, HPE Enterprise Services team of cloud experts provides best practices for leveraging AWS security services, to protect client applications, data and privacy.
- Simplify procurement Existing clients may now consolidate and purchase AWS capacity directly through HPE Enterprise Services, rather than manage multiple accounts across their organization.
- Lower costs HPE Enterprises Services certified AWS professionals work closely with clients to develop strategies for optimizing their existing cloud footprint and to establish policies to minimize future costs.
- Maintain data sovereignty For clients committed to the AWS platform, yet blocked due to stringent compliance and governance policies, HPE Enterprise Services offers managed private cloud solutions based on Eucalyptus.
- Hybrid Cloud Management Broker provides visibility into all IT services, across a continuum of traditional IT, private cloud, managed virtual private cloud, and public cloud servicesin-house and third-partythrough an integrated view.
HPE will be featuring these offerings at its booth #2137 during AWS re:Invent 2016.
For more information on HPE Managed Services for AWS, please click here.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry-leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industrys most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.