Unified server management from edge-to-cloud drives greater performance and efficiency
MARCH 22, 2022 • BLOG POST • NEIL MACDONALD, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & GENERAL MANAGER, COMPUTE
IN THIS ARTICLE
- HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management is an innovative cloud-based server management solution that provides a first step towards fast, simple server provisioning and management - wherever the server is located, from edge to cloud
- HPE has expanded the HPE GreenLake platform to meet customer business requirements with management software to access, monitor, and manage on-premises servers, regardless of location
HPE’s Neil MacDonald discusses how HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management delivers simplified, automated, and secure management capabilities in one unified, cloud platform
Many customers contend daily with compute solutions that are distributed across edge, cloud, and data centers, making management cumbersome and complex, and forcing IT teams to dedicate time and expertise to managing tools for operating the environment instead of innovating for the business.
The HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform addresses that complexity and delivers a unified and simplified cloud experience, spanning the entire HPE portfolio and providing customers with single sign-on access to one common platform with security, compliance, elasticity, and data protection.
An important aspect of this advanced platform is support for new customer-facing, cloud-native applications that bring value to customers in an as-a-service model. HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management is an innovative cloud-based server management solution that provides a first step towards fast, simple server provisioning and management - wherever the server is located, from edge to cloud.
Companies increasingly realize that cloud is not an either/or choice. While the interest in adopting hybrid cloud strategies is on the rise and the public cloud remains popular, most data still reside on premises and, increasingly, at the edge.
Compute Ops Management offers a superior as-a-service experience for managing the compute landscape. The HPE GreenLake platform has expanded its services to meet customer business requirements with management software to access, monitor, and manage on-premises servers, regardless of location. Compute Ops Management automates management capabilities and provides secure access to servers across your compute environment:
- Unify server management without boundaries. Compute Ops Management can access servers wherever they are located geographically across a customer’s estate, providing a single pane of glass and unified management controls for all of their HPE ProLiant Gen10 and Gen10 Plus servers.
- Automate server management with APIs. Compute Ops Management provides API access to all server management functions so that customers can automate lifecycle management for servers across their entire estate.
- Protect cloud-based access with secure communications. Compute Ops Management establishes a highly secure channel to connect servers to the HPE GreenLake platform, providing access to management capabilities and a growing list of services that will soon become available.
Compute Ops Management has demonstrated early success with HPE customer, Kimley-Horn, a leading U.S. firm specializing in design and engineering consulting in private and public infrastructure. In using Compute Ops Management, Kimley-Horn was able to speed-up overnight server updates from four hours to 45 minutes.
Compute Ops Management is now generally available as a subscription purchase. Visit the HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management webpage to learn more as well as register for a 90-day free trial.
Watch Neil’s session at Discover 2022 and learn more
Tune in here on the Innovation Theater 1 channel to watch the livestream on June 28, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm PDT (or on-demand after July 5) of Don’t Gamble the Future of Your Business: The Right Compute Will Be Your Game-Changing Move to Win in the Age of Insight.