Accelerating HPE’s transformation to a cloud services business and delivery model
AUGUST 17, 2021 • BLOG POST • ANTONIO NERI, PRESIDENT AND CEO, HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE
IN THIS ARTICLE
- HPE has boldly declared the vision to be the edge-to-cloud company
- The new model leverages HPE's innovative history and enterprise strength, and will further establish HPE GreenLake as the market-leading edge-to-cloud platform
HPE unveils several updates to our cloud services business and delivery model, all designed to accelerate the delivery of a seamless, unified, and agile customer experience, from edge-to-cloud
HPE has boldly declared our vision to be the edge-to-cloud company. We have made significant progress in our transformation, and the positive customer and partner response, analyst feedback and sales momentum of our as-a-service business reinforce that we have the right strategy.
Our ability to transform with increasing speed and agility is so imperative that I am making this transformation my number one priority, and I will devote a significant amount of my time and energy to propel our strategy forward.
To accelerate this transformation, today I am announcing several updates to our cloud services business and delivery model. The new model leverages our innovative history and enterprise strength, and will further establish HPE GreenLake as the market-leading edge-to-cloud platform.
Before I share more about our business model evolution, I first want to acknowledge and thank Kumar Sreekanti who announced to our team this week that he has decided to retire from HPE. I am grateful to Kumar, who played a key role in driving HPE’s innovation and transformation over the last two years. We expect to name a new Chief Technology Officer by September, and Kumar will continue to lead the team until the new CTO arrives.
The following HPE organization and leadership changes will drive our new edge-to-cloud business and delivery model, and are effective immediately:
- We are creating a new HPE GreenLake Platform Development team to be fully accountable for delivering our new unified GreenLake Cloud Platform where all of our edge-to-cloud services will be delivered. This team will report to the CTO’s office to ensure it is delivering a holistic HPE as-a-service experience across all as-a-service businesses.
- We are also creating a new HPE GreenLake Cloud Services Solutions group to be led by Vishal Lall reporting directly to me. By centralizing our software teams that are primarily focused on as a service, including HPE Ezmeral, our latest introduction – HPE GreenLake Lighthouse – and our workload offerings into one business, this team is well positioned to elevate our focus on delivering services that seamlessly integrate with our new unified HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform.
- HPE GreenLake is the brand that our customers associate with HPE’s edge-to-cloud platform and how we deliver cloud services offerings. It is now widely recognized by the market and a key differentiator for our company. Keith White will lead the HPE GreenLake Cloud Services Commercial Business group, which is focused on driving the HPE as-a-service go to market through our Sales, Partner and Customer Success motions. This group will also enable the Geos to support our HPE GreenLake Specialists through our Advisory & Professional Services and HPE GreenLake Management Services (GMS) to help our customers adopt new consumption models.
- We have created two new company-wide teams, the Services Reliability Engineering (SRE) team and the Cloud Services Operations team, which will be responsible for running the cloud platforms, services and security functions, and operations across our HPE as-a-service offerings. These teams will report to our Chief Operating Officer, John Schultz, who also continues to manage our Transformation Office and will work directly with me on prioritizing this important work.
Together, these updates more closely align key resources and teams to a Cloud Services business and delivery model, all designed to accelerate the delivery of a seamless, unified, and agile customer experience, from edge-to-cloud.
I am very excited for what’s to come for HPE and our customers and partners. I believe we are still in the early stages of the growth of an entirely new cloud market, which HPE GreenLake pioneered, as the “cloud that comes to you.” Stay tuned for the next chapter in innovation on this front from HPE, in September.
To view my full HPE Executive Committee leadership team, please visit https://www.hpe.com/us/en/leadership.html.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise expands HPE GreenLake with breakthrough storage as-a-service business transformation
Hewlett Packard Enterprise announces breakthrough HPE GreenLake cloud platform innovations spanning silicon, software and security to power edge-to-cloud era
Hewlett Packard Enterprise expands HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform with acquisition of Zerto, a leader in cloud data management and protection