Once again, HPE named a leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage
DECEMBER 3, 2020 • BLOG POST • TOM BLACK, SR. VP AND GM, HPE STORAGE
IN THIS ARTICLE
- HPE Storage makes gains in completeness of vision and ability to execute in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
Positioned further in completeness of vision and ability to execute
This year, Gartner has recognized HPE as a Leader for its completeness of vision and ability to execute. Having recently assumed the role of SVP and GM for HPE Storage, I am proud we have been named as a Leader in the second annual Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage 2020. This builds on a decade of recognition in the Gartner Magic Quadrant spanning Solid State Arrays, six years of recognition as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays, and previous recognition in the Magic Quadrant for Mid-Range and High-End Modular Disk Systems. I believe this is due to years of industry expertise and technology advancement.
Fast. Agile. Built for Innovation.
Now more than ever, organizations are squarely focused on driving agility, accelerating time to market, and streamlining operations. With an Intelligent Data Platform from HPE, we’ve enabled our customers to move with greater agility by accelerating application performance, transforming data management, and freeing data for hybrid cloud. Our Intelligent Data Platform is built upon our workload optimized primary storage portfolio, and underpinned by the industry’s most advanced AI for infrastructure, HPE InfoSight. Since 2010, HPE InfoSight has analyzed more than 1,250 trillion data points from over 150,000 systems and has saved our customers more than 1.5 million hours of lost productivity.
In the past year, HPE has continued to advance the Intelligent Data Platform at an amazing pace through innovations in our primary storage portfolio. These advancements have enabled our customers to be always-on and always fast. As a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage 2020, I’m thrilled Gartner chose to recognize HPE for our completeness of vision and our ability to execute. I believe that collectively, the innovations we executed on this year have disrupted a market, created a new category, and unlocked hybrid cloud.
HPE Primera: Redefining mission-critical storage
We introduced HPE Primera one year ago and forever changed the landscape and expectations for mission-critical storage. Before HPE Primera, businesses were forced to sacrifice agility for reliability. IT held the business back because they remained tied down supporting storage infrastructure.
This is no longer the case. HPE Primera’s ability to deliver instant access to data is the game changer. Built for a self-service experience, we’re changing the way people look at their storage. For example, over half of all HPE Primera’s have been self-installed by our customers, often in as little as 20 minutes. And 99% of software updates are performed by customers without requiring assistance from support, freeing up their time to focus more on their company’s priorities.
The evolution of mission-critical storage is happening. The tradeoff between agility and resiliency is no more. HPE is at the forefront of driving this shift to empower organizations to accelerate the speed of their business, agility and innovation.
HPE Nimble Storage: Celebrating 10 Years of Innovation
When Nimble Storage first shipped ten years ago, the mission was simple - to radically simplify enterprise storage, and transform operations with artificial intelligence. For the last decade, we believe HPE Nimble Storage has delivered on this vision, shaping the storage industry with game-changing innovations across intelligence, support, and hybrid cloud. Our customers have realized significant value with 62% more efficient IT Staff, 49% reduced total cost of operations, and 6x9s of proven availability measured across the entire installed base.
But while HPE Nimble Storage has clearly made enterprise storage easy to manage, our customers have asked us to deliver even more simplicity. And so this year we introduced a category-defining platform, HPE Nimble Storage dHCI – a new platform that delivers the HCI experience but more resilient, faster, and better value than traditional HCI. For the first time, customers are now able to enjoy the simplicity, automation, and agility of HCI for a whole new set of workloads, like demanding applications, without compromise.
HPE Cloud Volumes Backup: Cloud backup done right
The last innovation for primary storage that I’d like to highlight is how we are transforming data protection. Organizations can’t forget data protection when evaluating storage – as data is both a critical asset and an opportunity to create business value. While organizations are increasingly looking to the cloud because of simplicity, existing cloud offerings are simply not doing enough. From inflexibility of re-use to expensive egress fees, cloud backup needs to do more.
We solved these problems this year with the introduction of HPE Cloud Volumes Backup. This on-demand enterprise cloud backup service lets our customers protect their HPE Primera and HPE Nimble Storage data – as well as any other storage platform for that matter – seamlessly to the cloud. Without any changes to existing backup workflows or egress fees, our customers can start backing up to the cloud in minutes with just a few clicks. For the first time, data protection delivers new levels of agility by enabling faster SLAs, eliminating fees, and activating protected data in any public cloud.
Just how Apple iCloud creates a seamless backup experience for the iPhone, customers can now have that the same experience protecting their primary storage arrays. Nothing to manage. Pay as you protect. Maximum flexibility.
Thank you to our partners and customers
The past year our mission has been to deliver innovation to help our customers gain agility, accelerate their recovery, and help prepare for their future. I’m thrilled that HPE has once again been recognized in the Leaders Quadrant in the second annual Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage 2020.
I thank our partners and customers for embarking on this journey with us. I welcome you to join us in celebrating our success. We’ve got a lot more to come and are excited about partnering to help you on your digital transformation journey.
Learn more about the HPE Intelligent Data Platform and storage portfolio.
- 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage, Roger Cox, Santhosh Rao, Joseph Unsworth, John Monroe, Published: 17 September 2019
- 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, John Monroe , Joseph Unsworth , Santhosh Rao, Published: 23 July 2018
- 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth , Santhosh Rao, John Monroe, Published: 13 July 2017
- 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth , Arun Chandrasekaran, Published: 22 August 2016
- 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth , Arun Chandrasekaran, Published: 23 June 2015
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth , Arun Chandrasekaran, Published: 28 August 2014
- 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Santhosh Rao, Published: 08 November 2018
- 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Santhosh Rao, Published: 31 October 2017
- 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Santhosh Rao, Published: 31 October 2016
- 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Santhosh Rao, Published: 21 October 2015
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Published: 20 November 2014
- 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox , Valdis Filks, Published: 21 March 2013
- 2011 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays, Roger W. Cox , Pushan Rinnen, Stanley Zaffos, Jimmie Chang, Published: 17 November 2011
- 2010 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays, Roger W. Cox , Pushan Rinnen, Stanley Zaffos, Jimmie Chang, Published: 15 November 2010
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.