HPE and Google Cloud join forces to accelerate innovation with hybrid cloud solutions optimized for containerized applications
APRIL 9, 2019 • BLOG POST • RIC LEWIS, SENIOR VP/GM, SOFTWARE DEFINED & CLOUD GROUP
IN THIS ARTICLE
- HPE introduces a choice of solutions for HPE SimpliVity, HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant based on HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos
- HPE offers a consumption-based model for the validated HPE on-premises infrastructure that is integrated with Anthos to provide a fully managed container orchestration service
- HPE enables a consistent experience across clouds and on premises, provides a pay-as-you-go-consumption model, and delivers services to help customers plan and migrate to a containerized environment
HPE offers choice of HPE Validated Designs and consumption models
HPE is showcasing HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos at the Google Cloud NEXT event today, introducing a choice of solutions for HPE SimpliVity and HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant. HPE will also offer a consumption-based model for the validated HPE on-premises infrastructure that is integrated with Anthos to provide a fully managed container orchestration service. HPE is unique in offering the technology, economics, and services expertise to help you enable the consistent experience across clouds and on premises, provide a pay-as-you-go-consumption model, and services to help you plan and migrate to a containerized environment.
HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos are extensively-tested blueprints to build and manage modern containerized workloads using Anthos on HPE solutions, with the goal of delivering a consistent cloud experience so applications can be built once to run anywhere, across clouds and on premises. You have the choice of building and running an HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged or on HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant, as well as the choice of a pay-as-you-go consumption model for the on-premises infrastructure via HPE GreenLake or a traditional purchase model.
Driving innovation with clouds and containers
Today, CIOs have strategic initiatives to build a hybrid cloud that delivers agility and innovation across edge, private, and public clouds. To that end, you’re motivated to:
- Deliver Everything as a Service to get a cloud experience everywhere
- Leverage the speed and agility of clouds, and avoid single cloud lock-in
- Create new container-based applications that can run anywhere
As you modernize applications using container-based architectures on premises or in the cloud, achieving greater agility and innovation, and a common, consistent experience with less complexity is key. This is where HPE and Google Cloud can help.
Choice of HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos
To enable modernization and consistent experience with Anthos, we’re excited to announce HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos. HPE offers two on-premises options:
- HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE SimpliVity is for you if you’re looking for the simplicity and rich data services of a hyperconverged infrastructure solution.
- HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant is for you if you’re looking to scale compute and storage independently with a flexible architecture.
Which solution is the best fit for you?
If you want to quickly and reliably build and run container-based architectures, you have a choice of HPE offerings and consumption choices that enable several use cases.
HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged
HPE SimpliVity is a pre-integrated, all-flash hyperconverged building block that dramatically simplifies IT by combining infrastructure and advanced data services for virtualized workloads for VMware and Hyper-V environments, as well as containerized workloads. Its powerful data services, including inline deduplication and compression; built-in data resiliency, data protection, and disaster recovery; VM-centric management; and software-defined networking drive operational and cost efficiency.
With the HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE SimpliVity, you can benefit from faster deployments, improved cycle times and productivity gains in these scenarios:
- Implementing DevOps through a CI/CD pipeline for private cloud and edge applications
- Developing applications/services in Google Cloud and running them in production on premises
- Deploying distributed edge containerized applications with operationally efficient data management capabilities and replication
- Supporting a mix of VMs and Kubernetes-orchestrated containers on the same hardware, and managing them from one interface
- Hybrid data protection via policy-based automation for on-premises data backup and to cloud
HPE Validated Design for HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant
HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant servers provide a flexible on-premises architecture for storage and compute that works in conjunction with Anthos to deliver a hybrid cloud. HPE Nimble Storage provides a radically simple approach to all-flash and hybrid flash storage that delivers guaranteed capacity efficiency, sub-1ms latency, and 99.9999% availability for virtualized and containerized workloads.
With the HPE Validated Design for Anthos on HPE Nimble Storage and HPE ProLiant servers, you can run both your private and public cloud environment with the uniform hybrid cloud management provided by Anthos to unleash the next wave of hybrid cloud innovation for the following use-cases:
- Hybrid Cloud for your web-scale applications: Build your container-based, web-scale applications once and deploy them on premises or on Google Cloud seamlessly.
- Private Cloud for your VMs and Containers: Enjoy the agility of cloud, mission-critical resiliency, speed of flash, and flexibility to scale performance and capacity independently to accelerate and consolidate all your VM- and container-based applications.
- Hybrid cloud bursting to spin-up cloud resources when you need it and spin-down, when you don’t without waiting for on-premises infrastructure
HPE GreenLake Containers as a Service
To be more competitive and deliver better outcomes faster, more reliably, and more economically, you need to find better ways to consume IT. That’s where HPE GreenLake comes in. HPE GreenLake is a managed service with a pay-per-use consumption model that allows you to offload operations altogether. HPE GreenLake allows you to deploy an on-premises environment integrated with Anthos to provide a fully managed container orchestration service.
With HPE GreenLake, you benefit by:
- Reducing deployment time by 65%
- Improving productivity by 40%
- Lowering overprovisioning by 30%
Expertise and services
HPE offers differentiated consulting services for cloud-native strategies through HPE Pointnext, accelerating time-to-value with simplified operations and control. As you adopt container and cloud strategies, HPE Pointnext can help you plan, build, and operate container-based environments.
- HPE Platform Service helps you rapidly adapt by determining how to implement the container strategy from concept to production. The service is delivered as three distinct sprints to accelerate the minimal viable product component into production, speed time-to-application service delivery, and lower costs and challenges of adopting GKE.
- HPE Right Mix Advisor recommends which workloads and applications are ideal to move to public clouds, or keep in private clouds, and how to migrate those workloads to achieve the right mix of hybrid cloud according to each business’ specific need.
Why it matters
HPE Validated Designs for Google Cloud’s Anthos represent the initial step in collaboration between Google Cloud and HPE in developing joint hybrid cloud solutions based on the strong enterprise capabilities of HPE, combined with Anthos to simplify how you build, run and manage services across on-premises and cloud environments. HPE not only offers choice of HPE Validated Designs; it also offers choice in consumption models through HPE GreenLake, providing the ability for customers to deploy an on-premises environment integrated with Anthos, as a fully managed container orchestration service.
With the HPE-Google Cloud offering:
- You get a solution for a cloud-integrated CI/CD environment, enabling you to develop applications on Anthos and/or on premises, and deploy them on premises
- You can rapidly spin up GCP marketplace applications on-premises
- You can effortlessly unlock the speed and agility of deploying containers on premises with the delivery of a self-service experience on demand
Stop by booth S1439 at Google Cloud NEXT conference and see a demo
Visit Google’s website at Google Cloud Partners
Two groundbreaking partnerships help simplify the pathway to hybrid cloud
HPE and Google Cloud partner to simplify hybrid cloud
HPE and Nutanix sign global agreement to deliver hybrid cloud as a service