HPE celebrates success of HPE Tech Pro Academy in the Asia Pacific Region
FEBRUARY 25, 2019 • BLOG POST • PAUL HAVERFIELD, CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST AND PRESALES MANAGER OF HYBRID IT
IN THIS ARTICLE
- HPE puts a real spotlight on the partner technical community
- Engagement and training opportunities help partners provide transformation solutions for their customers and, more importantly, help them grow revenues
- Our technical partner program has attracted many new participants in APJ who leverage the community to deliver technologically advanced solutions
Chief Technologist and Presales Manager of Hybrid IT at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Paul Haverfield, looks back on the hugely successful HPE Tech Pro Academy initiative in the Asia-Pacific region
“I was given the opportunity to join an Asia-wide community. I made new friends here and together, we have built an even bigger community now.” - Norawee Seneewongse Na Ayuthaya, Terabyte Net Solution Public Company Limited, Thailand
To match the challenges of a constantly evolving IT market, every company must adapt, develop and grow to keep ahead of the digital transformation wave. At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we understand that channel partners work in an environment where marketplaces and technology are evolving faster than they have ever done before.
It’s been almost two years since HPE launched this unique partner technical community in the Asia Pacific and Japan region (APJ), offering both engagement and training opportunities to help our partners provide advanced digital transformation solutions for their customers and, more importantly, help them grow revenues.
Unlike other technology vendors, HPE puts a real spotlight on the technical community and we have seen some strong results:
- Over 1000 new partners signed up across APJ since the launch in 2017;
- Every new partner using the community enables their customers to maintain a leading and competitive edge, through their technical specialists;
- The generation of a strong sales generation pipeline and more opportunities lined up;
- Partners actively wanting to maintain their certification status to remain a member of this new and growing community.
The creation of a real sense of community is one of the benefits I am most happy about, as it goes from strength to strength. I receive positive feedback from technical teams and HPE colleagues on a regular basis, with anecdotes of members exchanging knowledge and making valuable contacts (even friends!) whilst learning about the latest trends within the technology sector, and accessing engaging information about the latest innovation, products and portfolios from HPE.
It’s also incredibly rewarding to know that partners who attend our annual events, put their knowledge they have learnt into use – which ultimately translates into stronger revenue streams for their company.
If we look back to the initial planning stages of the initiative, we wanted it to help our members across three core categories:
- Connect – give partners access to exclusive online portal platforms and in-person networking opportunities, creating a global technical community that will connect them to other professionals alongside HPE presales team members
- Learn – provide members with an ongoing stream of education opportunities that will enable individuals to evolve and build their technical skills and expertise, aligned to HPE Partner Ready Competencies
- Grow – an industry-first rewards program for partner technical professionals based on tracking sales generated by other community members
With more than 80% of our business in Asia Pacific and Japan coming through channel partners, I am delighted that this programme has attracted so many new participants that really leverage the community to deliver technologically advanced solutions and deliver maximum business value for their teams. Exciting still, the number of partner attendees who are part of the community is growing, with more and more partners at the annual HPE Technology Solution Summit (HPE TSS) each year.
Out of this expanding community, an elite group of solution architects is formed each year, known as HPE Master ASE (MASE) - certified partners. Only obtained after having experience in one field for three to five years, MASE certifications are the highest form of certifications available from HPE. These individuals are the solution architects of the future, with solid technical skills and capabilities to design technical solutions for customers.
Growing technical enablement more broadly is one of our top priorities for this year. We also have plans to offer a better user experience on the portal and having more local engagement activities and events planned too – stay tuned!
My philosophy is in line with our company’s – and we stand by our core value of “Partnership first”, so I’ll end with some quotes from some of our partners who are benefitting from being part of our community…Why not join them?
“At the events, you can catch the latest market trends or technical trends. And it’s a good opportunity for obtaining new information first-hand.” – Wang-Suk Lee, Baynex, Korea
“You must come to the events because it is very important. It can help you learn and you can work together with other community members in the lab. There, you’ll learn about more products and solutions from HPE.” - Darmawan Hadisuryana, Synnex Metrodata, Indonesia
“I am very happy with this event. The arrangement, venue and all the facilities provided by HPE has been great.” - Hayden Chow, Ingram Micro, Hong Kong