Happy Anniversary, HPE Pointnext!
March 14, 2018 • Blog Post • Ana Pinczuk, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HPE Pointnext
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Launched one year ago, HPE Pointnext was designed to help customers address questions around IT consumption in the era of digital transformation
- HPE Pointnext boasts a global team of 25,000 talented IT professionals in 80 countries and covering 30 languages
SVP Ana Pinczuk and HPE Pointnext customers celebrate the 1-year anniversary of our innovative approach to IT services
Happy Anniversary to HPE Pointnext, our innovative approach to IT services.
At HPE, first and foremost and above anything else, we’re about our customers. Our customers come first, and our partnerships carry significant weight in the way that we think, we innovate, we evolve and how we go-to-market with our services and solutions. This was the exact mindset behind the creation of HPE Pointnext – it was designed for our customers; we heard from them, we listened to their needs, and we created a services organization that would help them solve their challenges about IT consumption and about the way they should use technology to transform their business.
HPE Pointnext was created at exactly the right time, in this era of digital transformation. It is critical that companies – across all industries and geographies – digitize to optimize core operations, innovate new products and services and deliver better experiences. Quickly. Otherwise, they run the risk of being disrupted and left behind by competitors.
While HPE delivers the latest software-defined infrastructure needed to transform our customers into digital-first businesses, we know there isn’t always a clear path to success. Customers need more than our solutions; they need our expertise to help evaluate which technologies to choose and how best to implement them to solve their business problems.
HPE Pointnext is a dream-team combination of our highly successful technology services consulting and support groups. Today, our global team consists of 25,000 talented IT professionals in 80 countries and covering 30 languages. From hybrid IT to infrastructure to security, AI, blockchain and more, each is focused on ensuring our customers have the intellectual resources to accelerate their digital transformations.
Our customers have enthusiastically embraced our move to a consumption-based, as-a-service model because it nimbly enables them to drive business value while freeing up capital and simplifying day-to-day operations on-premises. These are all key advantages in the daily scramble to deliver business solutions while managing costs and keeping risks at bay.
And, while it can be convenient to toot our own horn, we thought, why not ask a couple of our customers what they think?
- “A very Happy Anniversary to HPE Pointnext from all at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and a huge thank you for your continued contribution to our exciting new Stadium project!” – Sanjeev Katwa, CTO
- "Happy Anniversary to HPE Pointnext! It's been a productive year of collaboration, and we look forward to furthering innovation in year two!" – Justin G. Decker, Vice President of Platforms and Infrastructure, DreamWorks Animation
- “Happy Anniversary HPE Pointnext for the 1-year anniversary. HPE has been a reliable partner for Telefónica in the datacenter for a long time and we trust HPE Pointnext support services to continue delivering its expertise taking care of the multivendor support of my operations.”- Joaquín Cidoncha, Director IT Support, Network and Service Platforms, Telefónica
- “I don’t know of another one-year-old who helps with digital transformation like HPE Pointnext. Even if they weren’t turning one year old, HPE Pointnext’s business analysis and solutions architecture support of the Texmark ‘Refinery of the Future’ makes them deserving of a cake. Also, unlike other one-year-olds, HPE Pointnext doesn’t throw temper tantrums. Instead, they collaborate and work well with us and our numerous ecosystem partners to achieve mutual success. Happy 1st Anniversary!” – Doug Smith, CEO, Texmark Chemicals
- “From a Philips Radiology Informatics perspective, I cannot say enough good things about HPE Pointnext. We act as one company in the eyes of our customers. It is really quite seamless from PO placement to factory integration to customer installation. When Hurricane Harvey hit and shut down the Houston factory, the HPE team mobilized and quickly set up an alternate factory. While our lead times increased due to logistics (EMEA to the US) the team quickly got all the orders moved and met daily to work through the backlog priorities. Within a few months, we were back to 13 day build time. This could have been a disaster but was hardly noticeable by our customers. Happy Anniversary!” – Steve Smyth, Sr. Director of Operations Enterprise Imaging, Philips Healthcare – HISS
As seen through the eyes of our customers, innovation has been the hallmark of our growth. Throughout year one, the range of our services has developed quite rapidly. We’ve significantly expanded our partner ecosystem by forming powerful alliances with Accenture, Wipro, Docker, Amazon, Rackspace and others. And we’ve made two key acquisitions –Cloud Technology Partners, which helps sophisticated IT organizations move to the cloud; and Cloud Cruiser, a leading provider of cloud consumption analytics software – to further bolster our capabilities.
And of course, our key innovation has been HPE GreenLake, which we introduced at Discover Madrid last November. It is a suite of pay-per-use solutions available for top customer workloads – among them, big data, backup, open database, SAP HANA and edge computing. We believe it sets the standard for simplifying IT by offering customers choices in where workloads should live and how to consume them.
Of course, HPE Pointnext – while just a year old – is part of a prodigious family tree that dates back to 2012, when we introduced our first infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) programs to better align costs to compute utilization. 2014 marked the launch of Datacenter Care Flexible Capacity worldwide, a pay-as-you-go model that continues to evolve; and innovative HPE 3PAR Flash Now arrived in 2016.
And in our new configuration, as HPE Pointnext, we’re already making a significant impact on HPE’s financial performance– delivering well over a third of HPE revenue.
As you can see, it’s been quite a year. Many thanks to our customers for giving us the privilege to serve and partner along-side you. We remain committed to helping you achieve your business objectives and we look forward to many more rewarding years as your vendor of choice.